Jack

Melanie Martinez

The way this era is even more underwhelming than K-12… how is she gonna drop two videos and call it quits? 

In September we will be already bored… as much as she complaints about leaks, that’s the only thing that keeps this fandom ALIVE… :nails:

Seeing her as herself at the start of the video really solidified my dislike for the alien gargoyle costume, she’s always been so facially expressive in her music videos I miss that, Void is one of my fave songs from the album but oof…that video :bye:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

Seeing her as herself at the start of the video really solidified my dislike for the alien gargoyle costume, she’s always been so facially expressive in her music videos I miss that, Void is one of my fave songs from the album but oof…that video :bye:

Before PORTALS released, I genuinely thought this was going to be her best era yet, and draw a ton of new fans and followers to her. Now, I'm not so sure what to think. If anything, she seems to be losing more original fans than gaining new ones.

It just feels like she's pushing herself even further into a corner here, even lowering the quality of her art to pull off certain ideas, and the aesthetic(mostly the costume) is even more divisive than Cry Baby/K-12 which says a lot.. it makes me doubt that the movie all of this effort is going towards is even going to be worth it for her in the end. This is a metric fuckton of effort for what might amount to a huge, extremely expensive misstep.

14 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

You are so right :deadbanana:

Melanie's voice must have definitely matured (or whatever the smoking conspiracy is) like RIGHT after K-12 was finished because she could barely sing that album on the tour. I mean, 80% the set was lipped. She sounds so much better singing this set of songs, they definitely suit her current voice better. I like that they use a bit more tune on certain songs as well. That mic is ON! Void & TV sound great here

38 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Melanie's voice must have definitely matured (or whatever the smoking conspiracy is) like RIGHT after K-12 was finished because she could barely sing that album on the tour. I mean, 80% the set was lipped. She sounds so much better singing this set of songs, they definitely suit her current voice better. I like that they use a bit more tune on certain songs as well. That mic is ON! Void & TV sound great here

u're right she sounds so good