Jack

Melanie Martinez

I mean… the problem is not Verde stealing the idea… the problem is how GODDAMN AWFUL the merch is… like a toddler could do it better 

Im sorry but I have no hope for Mel in the future, her eras are getting messier and messier. Portals outtakes were a break from all the madness and a back to form for her most creative side but after the album dropped we are back on track with the shitty concepts and ideas (starting with that costume) 

11 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I mean… the problem is not Verde stealing the idea… the problem is how GODDAMN AWFUL the merch is… like a toddler could do it better 

Im sorry but I have no hope for Mel in the future, her eras are getting messier and messier. Portals outtakes were a break from all the madness and a back to form for her most creative side but after the album dropped we are back on track with the shitty concepts and ideas (starting with that costume) 

i hope that with the kind of open-ended theme that portals was given, it will give more of a concept-less album next time around.

I feel as if she never wore that costume Portals would have been way more successful... like if she had cool makeup but her actual face kind of like k-12 and after school had interesting looks without being SUPER WERID. So many people I know that liked her previous work were turned off by her new era cause of that 

4 minutes ago, grayson stark said:

I feel as if she never wore that costume Portals would have been way more successful... like if she had cool makeup but her actual face kind of like k-12 and after school had interesting looks without being SUPER WERID.

I love her weirdness, the costume was cute at first, but there's not enough going right in this era yet to make up for its flaws. Her wearing that mask for every show feels like it's defeating the purpose of watching her sing live, too. Her whole appeal is her vivid expressions, emotional performances, and the sense of connection the audience felt with her..

When all you can see is her lower jaw, all of that is gone and it all feels lifeless. I don't care to keep up with the tours at this point- and that's pretty much all this era has been, so it's basically Dead to Me.

Spoiler

GXeK1Ip_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I love her weirdness, the costume was cute at first, but there's not enough going right in this era yet to make up for its flaws. Her wearing that mask for every show feels like it's defeating the purpose of watching her sing live, too. Her whole appeal is her vivid expressions, emotional performances, and the sense of connection the audience felt with her..

When all you can see is her lower jaw, all of that is gone and it all feels lifeless. I don't care to keep up with the tours at this point- and that's pretty much all this era has been, so it's basically Dead to Me.

Hide contents

GXeK1Ip_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

the portals tour is probably her worst tour. There's no storyline and everything looks cheap. K-12 tour had some of the best production of a small venue tour I've ever seen. Like you could put that same production on an arena tour and it would look amazing meanwhile Portals looks terrible in any venue. I went to the k-12 tour at a small venue and my ticket was $40 and I was probably 4 rows back from the stage and it was better than the Ariana concert I went to that year tbh. For portals I paid $150 for a first row ticket right above the floor seats and I felt SCAMMED because of how trash this tour was. Like you have Taylor and Beyonce doing 3 hour shows and now Madonna at 65 putting on a much better show than Mel (obviously it's MADONNA but still Melanie can do better than portals tour)... Anyways rant over I still love her lol

ALSO she didnt even have the spider web prop at the venue here in Atlanta which also had some of the more expensive tickets on the summer tour this year... 

Mel needs to just drop an outtake ep for portals and call it a day for this era.. 2020-2021 when the leaks came out i visioned something huge for this album and to be her best material but with her scrapping the songs that made the album masterful and selling crappy merch, lazy tour, lack of promotion, cgi vomit MVs, cash grabbing, arguing/distancing from fans and her being desperate to get that movie made (which will never come out) it's really just so dry rn and i think it's best to give the fans what they always wanted and then work on new material that hopefully will be worth another 5 year wait:toofloppy:

NOT DEAD, JUST EXPIRED (EP) (would have the demo of void as void pt 2)

1. GARDEN

2. DRAGONS BLOOD

3. MOTHER OF PEARL

4. NEEDLE & THREAD

5. FINGERS CROSSED
6. VOID (pt. 2)

7. EMERALD

8. SYNCHRONICITIES

ive came to the conclusion of this being my final portals ranking!

1. milk of the siren (clears cuz is queen:sluttybunny:)

2. tunnel vision (ate down no leftovers)

3. spider web (wigs snatched in that web)

4. powder (cuchi in the air moment)

5. pluto (ears throbbing pleasure)

6. battle of the larynx (screaming the lyrics)

7. evil (yes butch)

8. void (very fun)

9. death (ermm silly and fun)

10. womb (bops)

11. moon cycle (dances a lil)

12. leeches (cries)

13. nymphology (googoo gaga lyrics)

14. the contortionist (is it over yet?)

15. light shower (fingers crossed cleared)

16. faerie soiree (don't support 1 dollar ebay knockoffs, demo cleared)

3 hours ago, Loon1e said:

EXCLUSE ME??? Spider Web and BOTL???? top 6????? TC at the bottom???? are you deaf??? :crai:

3 hours ago, Loon1e said:

well no! TC should've been an outtake and rightfully so :smirk:

This is one of the few instances where I would love a downvote option :lolno:

Love you but it's one of her best songs!

eh??? https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/morgan-wallen-miley-cyrus-luminate-midyear-2023-charts-1235369968/

2023’s Midyear Top 10 Selling Albums in U.S. (Physical & Digital Album Sales Combined)
1. Taylor Swift, Midnights (607,000)
2. TOMORROW X TOGETHER, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION (399,000)
3. Stray Kids, 5-STAR (327,000)
4. TWICE, Ready to Be (286,000)
5. Morgan Wallen, One Thing at a Time (242,000)
6. SEVENTEEN, SEVENTEEN 10th Mini Album: FML (236,000)
7. Metallica, 72 Seasons (215,000)
8. Agust D, D-Day (200,000)
9. Jimin, FACE (152,000)
10. Melanie Martinez, Portals (194,000)

2023’s Midyear Top 10 Selling Vinyl Albums
1. Taylor Swift, Midnights (251,000)
2. Lana Del Rey, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd. (132,000)
3. Taylor Swift, Folklore (107,000)
4. Tyler, The Creator, Igor (104,000)
5. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (103,000)
6. Boygenius, The Record (100,000)
7. Melanie Martinez, Portals (93,000)
8. Michael Jackson, Thriller (85,000)
9. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon (85,000)
10. Lana Del Rey, Born to Die (84,000)

Ok I need to be honest 

Portals (the album not the era) is actually an album I find myself revisiting a lot and like it a lot more as I listen.

Yes I'm incredibly disappointed we lost a ton of amazing songs and got a few duds but none the less she gave us some great songs! 

However portals the era is a huge let down. The merch is super low quality or doesn't look like the pictures, theres no engagement, lack of BTS photos etc etc., it feels lack luster and dead on arrival. The alien persona is getting boring really fast and I just honestly am not sure how to feel. I very worried about her career and the eras going forward m if she continues to scrap the good material for lack luster basic songs it won't be good. (Looking at garden, dragons blood, fingers crossed, of death, etc) 

Last bit, she claims the album isn't about Oliver tree or has any correlation etc but Oliver tree has an old EP called "alien boy" and all of a sudden Melanie is an alien character, then the song where olivers like "im bloody and angry like a bch on her period" and Melanie mocks that in moon cycle, like girl c'mon you ain't fooling anybody 😭

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

literally every artist claims an album/song that's clearly about an ex isn't about them lol. it's to not stir up intentional drama. 

she ate him up on powder and nymphology tho :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, Party Favor said:

literally every artist claims an album/song that's clearly about an ex isn't about them lol. it's to not stir up intentional drama. 

Well duh but like I was saying she made it way too obvious 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

On 10/21/2023 at 5:59 PM, Loon1e said:

ive came to the conclusion of this being my final portals ranking!

1. milk of the siren (clears cuz is queen:sluttybunny:)

2. tunnel vision (ate down no leftovers)

4. powder (cuchi in the air moment)

5. pluto (ears throbbing pleasure)

7. evil (yes butch)

8. void (very fun)

9. death (ermm silly and fun)

10. womb (bops)

11. moon cycle (dances a lil)

12. leeches (cries)

13. nymphology (googoo gaga lyrics)

15. light shower (fingers crossed cleared)

16. faerie soiree (don't support 1 dollar ebay knockoffs, demo cleared)

take ur meds<3 ANYWAYS i fcking hate rankings:flutter: so tier list with outtakes YIPPEEEE

S:Death,Fingers Crossed, Garden,Tunnel vision (both versions),Faerie soiree,venus,LEECHES,AMULET,dragons blood,mop,WOMB,PLUTO,POWDER,
A: Walkie Talkie,LIGHT SHOWER,TC, first half of nyphology,EVIL
B:DEATH,Void,VOID,FAERIESOIREE,BOTL,MOON CYCLE
C:Spider Web
D:
F:2nd half of nymphology :/,

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

On 10/22/2023 at 11:18 PM, Party Favor said:

ATE him UP!