Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 10/23/2023 at 4:18 AM, Party Favor said:

literally every artist claims an album/song that's clearly about an ex isn't about them lol. it's to not stir up intentional drama. 

she ate him up on powder and nymphology tho :oprah3:

A common misconception is that Melanie claimed nothing on the album is about Oliver! Moon Cycle is the only song she publicly denied to be about him. She still asked fans to not send him hate though.

I'm like 99% sure Evil is about their relationship. It has similar lyrics to songs like Absorb, Under the Desk, Paper Cut etc, which were all recorded in early 2020 while she was dating Oliver. Except those 3 I just mentioned are about keeping the relationship going and wanting things to get better, while Evil is an actual break-up song

Melanie even confirmed that Evil is about "the last relationship" she was in before Verde, so unless she had some unknown mystery boyfriend after Oliver, I seriously doubt it's not about him.

Spoiler

For example

Paper Cut (2020):

Quit calling me up and putting me down, you're breaking my smile and making my frown.

"It's all in your head", you tell me instead. When you acting up, I speak and I'm dead.

Evil:

You called the other day, I stayed away. I left your shit on read four times today.

Said it's all in my head, whenever I spoke my truth.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

A common misconception is that Melanie claimed nothing on the album is about Oliver! Moon Cycle is the only song she publicly denied to be about him. She still asked fans to not send him hate though.

I'm like 99% sure Evil is about their relationship. It has similar lyrics to songs like Absorb, Under the Desk, Paper Cut etc, which were all recorded in early 2020 while she was dating Oliver. Except those 3 I just mentioned are about keeping the relationship going and wanting things to get better, while Evil is an actual break-up song

Melanie even confirmed that Evil is about "the last relationship" she was in before Verde, so unless she had some unknown mystery boyfriend after Oliver, I seriously doubt it's not about him.

Hide contents

For example

Paper Cut (2020):

Quit calling me up and putting me down, you're breaking my smile and making my frown.

"It's all in your head", you tell me instead. When you acting up, I speak and I'm dead.

Evil:

You called the other day, I stayed away. I left your shit on read four times today.

Said it's all in my head, whenever I spoke my truth.

Oh snap thank you for this I didn't see some of this info, 

Something I'd like to say as well is I wish there was something we had that had the og version of portals before everything happened, I wanna see how diff the tracklist was and what was added and removed or changed etc 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

The way I listened to this album multiple times a day for weeks, then resold my concert tickets so I could hang out with my boyfriend instead and listen to Speak Now TV, and now I never listen to Portals :smokes:

I was so obsessed with Tunnel Vision and I re listened the other day and it was kinda cringe. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

4 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The way I listened to this album multiple times a day for weeks, then resold my concert tickets so I could hang out with my boyfriend instead and listen to Speak Now TV, and now I never listen to Portals :smokes:

I was so obsessed with Tunnel Vision and I re listened the other day and it was kinda cringe. 

Cringe?? I listen to it almost every other day :crai:

Tunnel Vision

Milk of the Siren

The Contortionist

Are all in my daily rotation playlist

Though I haven't really touched the playlist in a few weeks :eek3:

7 hours ago, The Siren said:

Cringe?? I listen to it almost every other day :crai:

Tunnel Vision

Milk of the Siren

The Contortionist

Are all in my daily rotation playlist

Though I haven't really touched the playlist in a few weeks :eek3:

My most played are Pluto, Powder, Void, and Womb in that order, but I'd play most of the other tracks more if the lyrics were tweaked a little(some are too repetitive or corny for me) and the production was better.

A full studio version of K+OLs Faerie Soiree and Tunnel Vision would've made Portals a 10/10 though! :hair:

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I absolutely have to have that where is it available 

The notes say

Available exclusively to Australians after purchasing tickets for the Australian leg of the Portals tour through Tickettek or Ticketmaster.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:21 AM, The Siren said:

The notes say

Available exclusively to Australians after purchasing tickets for the Australian leg of the Portals tour through Tickettek or Ticketmaster.

Ugh so never getting it, then you for the info 😞

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

2 minutes ago, Loon1e said:

when Melanie releases Dragons Blood as a single for the Dragons Blood parfume :flutter:

or releases the outtake EP to promote:kris:

itd be a dream swquence, its not gonna happen even though we need it desperately.

i love celebrity perfumes personally so i’m excited to see what the bottles look like/reviews of them, cause tbh, not sure if i’m willing to spend anymore on mel. but who knows :xgiggle:

1 hour ago, cool3dworld said:

i'm back i just wanted to say that this era is so sad truly

ikr so much wasted potential, so sad to think about what it could've been if melanie played her cards right, always can hope mm4 will make up for this mess

6 hours ago, Loon1e said:

ikr so much wasted potential, so sad to think about what it could've been if melanie played her cards right, always can hope mm4 will make up for this mess

The tracks that leaked prior to the album gave me hope , it’s mostly the visuals that are ruining the era imo. 

Dragon’s Blood, Mother of Pearl, Fingers Crossed and the other Death deserved to be released.