Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, cool3dworld said:

Word, all the Blake Slatkin session songs are good, not a huge fan of SpIn the Bottle or Paper Cut but they never made it as far in production so I guess that’s why

Blake only did The Bakery and Paper Cut btw.

2 hours ago, WildChild said:

Blake only did The Bakery and Paper Cut btw.

Really? I thought he worked on Absorb, Function and Under the Desk ah I’ve had a playlist of those plus The Bakery and they all have the same guitar in them and stuff my bad ;(

32 minutes ago, notthatdreamy said:

So apparently the film isn't coming bc the label can't afford to fund both the film and 13 music videos. Can't pull up the IG comments she implied this in rn but yeah. What a surprise.

we won! 

can she now move on to another album, no masc or stupid concepts? Thanks 

5 hours ago, notthatdreamy said:

So apparently the film isn't coming bc the label can't afford to fund both the film and 13 music videos. Can't pull up the IG comments she implied this in rn but yeah. What a surprise.

If she didn't just mean that she was waiting on outside funds, I'm confused. Because it almost sounds like she's saying she doesn't care to flesh out the era if she can't make the film, and is only putting out 13 MVs to get it over with now/match her past numbers. I know compromise isn't her thing- but come on.

She could've just cut the script to fit 13 slightly longer MVs, solving the "problem" and negating her need for 13 unnecessary, plotless placeholders. PORTALS is already a 1hr6m album, each video backed by thousands at least, so it's crazy that she's acting like there's not enough time or money to execute her ideas in MVs. Other artists don't even get more than 1 or 2 videos per album.. It's odd seeing her waste her opportunities.

And now she posted this, probably because she's oversensitive to criticism and doesn't like how many people vocally hated the 'EVIL' visualizer. What did she honestly expect? This era has been a mess. She's always pulled the "clearly you just don't get my art" card though, so I guess I'm not surprised.

yqj8krD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Like girl, what the fuck are you talking about.. you literally make art for consumption. It's YOUR JOB.

I'm so over her arrogance. We get it, we just don't like it. You can make bad art as a hobby. But don't expect people to throw millions at you and sing your praises if this is the best you can do.

Even a year later im more certain her career choices are getting worse…. Like… portals could have been AOTY easily with another tracklist, different album cover and title. No masc, just a fairy inspired look and some visuals. 

1.      Death                           (Demo)

2.      Void                             (Demo)

3.      Dragons Blood 

4.      Tunnel Vision

5.      Faerie Soiree

6.      Leeches

7.      Spider Web

8.      Moon Cycle

9.      Garden 

10.    Needle & Thread

11.    The Contortionist   

12.    Nymphology    
    13.    Emerald 

deluxe:

14.    Fingers Crossed

15.    Mother Of Pearl

16.    Barely Juice

17.    Pluto 

Angry tantrum EP against ex-boyfriend Oliver Tree with a more rock sound:

1.      Evil 

2.      Battle Of The Larynx   (With another title PLEASE) 

3.      Powder

4.      Sirens

5.      Light Shower

some MV for album promotion with no cringe movie… like a double feature for Death and Void, Tunnel Vision and Faerie Soiree and Moon Cycle and Garden. Also a cool video for Spider Web and The Contortionist would have outsold.

and that would have ate, not me making better decisions than her label. She really needs a reality check ASAP! Or just hire a gay to choose for her, since it seems everyone around her (including Verde) is a little ass licking 

someone give this girl no budget again and just a guitar and some co-writers!! Also K+OL 

7 hours ago, notthatdreamy said:

Over the Summer she said in some interview that the movie was gonna happen but Atlantic won't provide the funding for it. I think it'll still happen but she won't be getting the funding from Atlantic. If she does make the movie it will take a few years. If we don't get the movie then how are we supposed to know the storyline bc right now Portals just sounds like a collection of songs with no clear storyline?

i’m not currently a melanie fan and i’m sure this has been said here plenty of times but how did she go from writing sippy cup and soap and bittersweet tragedy to shit like nymphology….

i get the concept about cry baby but if you’re being reborn into a soul you’ve lived in forever shouldn’t you have something incredibly wise and prophetic to write about…

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

i get the concept about cry baby but if you’re being reborn into a soul you’ve lived in forever shouldn’t you have something incredibly wise and prophetic to write about…

You mean you don't like hearing an immortal being sing diss tracks on Oliver Tree and make multiple piss references? You really don't want your penis pushed into your mouth? Sad for you

(Kidding, but seriously what the fuck are some of these lyrics.. release Fingers Crossed already)

16 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

You mean you don't like hearing an immortal being sing diss tracks on Oliver Tree and make multiple piss references? You really don't want your penis pushed into your mouth? Sad for you

(Kidding, but seriously what the fuck are some of these lyrics.. release Fingers Crossed already)

:lmao:

2 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

im honestly fine not knowing the storyline after K-12 thanks 

Did K-12 even have a storyline like it was just songs and then like 10 minute intervals of really really bad acting ah I hate being so negative but she really fell off after Cry Baby.

42 minutes ago, cool3dworld said:

Did K-12 even have a storyline like it was just songs and then like 10 minute intervals of really really bad acting ah I hate being so negative but she really fell off after Cry Baby.

k-12 was a shitshow 

shitty storyline with no sense, horrible acting, plot holes everywhere… I mean, do I have to continue? 

it’s supposed to be a child world like concept, not something a toddler could write 

Apparently in the movie script Dragons Blood was gonna be the end credit song and could have been our Fire Drill but since the movie will most likely not be made we won't get it as a single :defeated:

(this info came from an insider who previously leaked the deluxe song titles and track lengths)