Jack

Melanie Martinez

12 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Sippy Cup?! Ooh no.. Easily one of the best on Cry Baby, production+lyrics. I get lost in that instrumental and don't want to be found, lol.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952i53gog6ns687c59lq

Sippy Cup has great lyrics but the melodie and instrumental are nothing groundbreaking :tyvm:

gurl what is this

https://www.pophatesflops.com/topic/24972-melanie-martinez-has-2-droplet-singles-releasing-between-the-first-2-quarters-of-2024/

She's aiming to have both droplet singles released before the Trilogy Tour kicks off in May of this year. Both tracks are solo; however, she is pitching one of the songs to various contemporary artists, D4vd being the last her team reached out too.

One of the singles contain the same name as a leaked song from the 2021 PORTALS sessions, but the track has been majorly reworked and will have a feature.

One single uses a Unseen photo shoot from the 2022 mexico shoot as the cover art, and the other single doesn't currently have a cover, but it's been in talks she's asked Sarah Badr to come back and work the second cover art of the next single. But since the 2nd single hasn't been completed yet, no cover art has been finalized, however sketches Melanie has did have been sent out.

Both single's will be sent out to radio, and Melanie has filmed a TikTok/instagram preview with her boyfriend Justin in her backyard. However, she's waiting for it to be approved by her label. Not the video itself, but the usage of the song in the video.

MORPHINE is shooting for a February release date, likely in the last 2 weeks of said month.

LABYRINTH is aiming for a mid April release, but the feature for the song still has to be approved and recorded.
 - side note, Melanie has reached out to more than 4 artists to feature on this song, 2 being under her label.
   artists include; Faouzia, Hayley Kiyoko, D4vd. and SZA.
   a SZA collaboration is more unlikely to happen due to 'LANA' being pushed back, but the two have been talking about working together on a separate song, more or so under SZA's name 
 It is likely D4vd will be the feature on the song, due to his music matching the sound.

In the open verse demo of LABYRINTH, Martinez has included a back-and-forth segment where the featured artist will ahve to go back-and-forth with her in the ladder half of verse 3

"Get me out!
Whats that sound!
Trudging through the forest!
Footsteps, can't ignore it!
Get me out!
I scream and shout!
Get me out!"

MORPHINE, is more of a ballad, while LABYRINTH contains more of pop-like elements in it's production.

MORPHINE calls out fans, Oliver Tree, and references other past relationships she's had with other people in the past.
 - it is also likely the "Leeching off my flesh just so you can persevere and knock me down at my best, while you were supposed to be my best friend." line refers to Timothy Heller, but it's unconfirmed.

MORPHINE will be released along side the individual release of the PORTALS parfums 'singles' collection.
- talks of making MORPHINE a scent is in the works

MORPHINE also discusses her 'sacred treasure box' getting 'stolen', likely being a reference to leaks or just a play on her virginity getting stolen..

Hello! thought I’d share this:

The Detention memo (from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7HdWB7bvI&t=122s) was done either the night of her show in San Fran, February 25th, 2016, or in the AM of February 26th! That’s surprisingly early for Detention.

sources:

* Cry Baby Tour part 2 trailer, showing clips from the same night she was working on Detention (the interview outfit & wig can be seen on her bed as well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBasJQo33k8&t=19s

* filmed in San Francisco (tell by street signs & outfit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhoibq9kNnk&t=66

ALSO THEORY:

There seems to be a connection between High School Sweethearts and Eraser

HSS:

Could you hold me through the night?

Put your lips all over my

Salty face when I start crying

Could you be my first time?

Don't be a waste of my time”

Eraser:

“Stars in my eyes

You fit me right

Stay for the night, please hold me tight

Why am I crying?

The bridge for Eraser was recorded one day after she had a session with Keenan! This COULD be the date for High School Sweethearts! (March 7th, 2016)

1 hour ago, WildChild said:

ALSO THEORY:

There seems to be a connection between High School Sweethearts and Eraser

HSS:

Could you hold me through the night?

Put your lips all over my

Salty face when I start crying

Could you be my first time?

Don't be a waste of my time”

Eraser:

“Stars in my eyes

You fit me right

Stay for the night, please hold me tight

Why am I crying?

The bridge for Eraser was recorded one day after she had a session with Keenan! This COULD be the date for High School Sweethearts! (March 7th, 2016)

this line is so weird to be cuz melanie has had like 6 boyfriends before writing HSSH.. like okay christian girl! opening that bible and not her legs

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

41 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

this line is so weird to be cuz melanie has had like 6 boyfriends before writing HSSH.. like okay christian girl! opening that bible and not her legs

PLEASE-

22 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kuCfNgtElU

this kinda slaps more than some songs on the actual album

Me when I lie:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

So um anyone have a playlist/album of k-12 and portals they made with the original songs and songs we got? Like someone said above eraser and hssh sound similar which could indicate it was originally on the album 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

like, a sequential story starting with the full K-12 album and ending with the Portals outtakes?

I think so? So what I'm asking for is the person's take on what they think the original album looked like before the final in a way that tells a story with songs that got each other. But it's k-12 and portals 

2 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I think so? So what I'm asking for is the person's take on what they think the original album looked like before the final in a way that tells a story with songs that got each other. But it's k-12 and portals 

idk i personally see all of Portals being 100% disconnected from K-12 and Cry Baby the character.

if anything, id say the two storylines are co-existing on different planets at the same time. the whole Cry Baby is dead and is rebirthed into this pink faerie thing is too forced.

15 hours ago, The Siren said:

idk i personally see all of Portals being 100% disconnected from K-12 and Cry Baby the character.

if anything, id say the two storylines are co-existing on different planets at the same time. the whole Cry Baby is dead and is rebirthed into this pink faerie thing is too forced.

No no no I think otu misunderstood 

I'm asking for people personal tracklists of what they think the albums would have looked like with the scrapped songs