Jack

Melanie Martinez

"I said no"

"It doesn't matter that I didn't resist during the action. "

I'm not defending anyone here but this particular thing is a big stretch to me. If you were close friends as you state you could've easily jumped out of bed. I know things are complicated when something like this happens, also you were under the influence, but damn, how can you not respond if someone literally puts a sex toy in you, which means it wasn't rushed, you were fully there, fully undressed and shit. If you don't like it just get the fuck out of bed. If Melanie was also influenced by substances she wouldn't even mind that much I guess.

I'm just thinking out loud, I'm not claiming she's lying. The truth is always a middle ground.

This is disappointing as fuck to read, especially from you.

Rape can bring on a paralyzing fear. You can keep saying no while your body is unresponsive towards your attempts to move. Even if her body was responsive, there's still a fear of what could happen if she did fight. When you're raped, you can go into a completely different mental state as a coping mechanism. You can be fully aware of what's going in and decided to just sit through it in hopes that it'll be over soon or in hopes that it doesn't get worse. There's no one size fits all response or action that needs to be taken to a rape to real or valid. 

Rape can bring on a paralyzing fear. You can keep saying no while your body is unresponsive towards your attempts to move. Even if her body was responsive, there's still a fear of what could happen if she did fight. When you're raped, you can go into a completely different mental state as a coping mechanism. You can be fully aware of what's going in and decided to just sit through it in hopes that it'll be over soon or in hopes that it doesn't get worse. There's no one size fits all response or action that needs to be taken to a rape to real or valid. 

I'm fully aware of the lack of a typical response to rape and the fact all cases are different because we're human, that is exactly why I'm only theorizing instead of straight up judging anyone.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

One time this random ass guy went behing me and grope me and it was so fucking disgusting and I was in literal fear and I just wouldnt move at all, even that bastard was like "wtf is up w this bitch" and ppl doubt timothy because she didnt do anything????? what would you feel if your best fucking friend put a dildo up your vagina????

tumblr_o3k2s0IT4d1uvva9wo1_500.gif

what would you feel if your best fucking friend put a dildo up your vagina????

fight with her

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

IF Timothy didn't say no, there are many possibilities why:

- Afraid she'd disappoint Melanie

- Scared about what Melanie would do if she tried to fight her off

- Paralyzed with fear

- Confused as to what was happening

- Staying quiet while at the same time trying to comprehend why her best friend would do such a thing etc.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

fight with her

Not everyone will have this response though. Personally I would probably lay there, scared out of my mind. I wouldn't have the guts to fight.

I can see that most of you prob never went through a traumatic situation since you aren't able to understand what does "state of shock" means. The last time something really bad happened to me/someone else I wasn't even able to cry or talk at the moment, I was just standing in the middle of the room when "the bad thing" happened.

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I think something some people are neglecting to mention is that a lack of response may not have sprung out from paralyzing fear. If Timothy’s account is correct then she was probably mentally and physically exhausted. As she puts it, she just wanted it to end. So relenting to Melanie may have seemed like her only option at that point in order to finally get some peace. But we shouldn’t forget that harassing someone to the point of relenting is NOT consent.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

i have to say this: your posts on this thread don't make sense at all, stop defending a rapist. shut up

How many times I said I'm not defending her fuck.

Not everyone has the same physical or emotional responses

how you could not realize that your friend is putting a dildo in your vagina and you don't do nothing, is that she didn't even say she tried to resist

I'm not sure what type of relationship Timothy and Melanie had but they both claim they were friends.

Melanie may have had some power trip vibes going on around Timothy but I'm sure as fuck that she'd never try to fight or punish Timothy for not consenting. There would be no violence towards her.

Do not try to convince me you've never had a fling with someone that likes you back and flirted your way through to the actual intercourse just like Melanie is said to have.

If someone who you trust and who you befriended doesn't understand AT THIS POINT that you do not wish to engage in anything more then you just walk out of the situation. Not to mention if you feel like you're in danger you're not walking into the same river TWICE. If someone who I am voluntarily spending my time with doesn't understand my needs and doesn't respond to me consequently saying NO I ditch their ass & ghost them for eternity, I don't go for a sleepover for the 2nd time. If I was paralyzed with fear once I'd never want to see the face of my abuser ever again and Timothy didn't have to. It wasn't her coworker, it wasn't her boss, her classmate or her parents, not anyone who you couldn't just stop seeing.

It's all just strange to me. Both of them are acting very weird about this whole thing but until it's sorted out I'd stop spreading this shit around. It's all nice if we want to crush rape culture but damn this situation is just fucking shady and the only thing it's doing now is ruining Melanie's career. And I don't even care for her a bit.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

how you could not realize that your friend is putting a dildo in your vagina and you don't do nothing, is that she didn't even say she tried to resist

Terusama explained it well tbh.

I think something some people are neglecting to mention is that a lack of response may not have sprung out from paralyzing fear. If Timothy’s account is correct then she was probably mentally and physically exhausted. As she puts it, she just wanted it to end. So relenting to Melanie may have seemed like her only option at that point in order to finally get some peace. But we shouldn’t forget that harassing someone to the point of relenting is NOT consent.

you are trying to blame timothy

aren't you?

Nope, I'm not, there are possibilites that she is saying the truth and Melanie is a rapist ,as there are also possibilities that she is lying.

And I'm just saying things that I don't understand about what she said

Oh my god can't believe after all the Harvey mess we are still defending RAPISTS and actually blaming the victims.

The fact that you might love the singer and that she is a woman does not make this ANY LESS TERRIBLE

giphy.gif