Jack

Melanie Martinez

i was checking the trending list and saw #felizmartes and idk why,, but my tired ass eyes thought #felonymartinez was trending and i cackled

I am SO upset. I don't even know if what I am going to say about this is going to make sense, because I'm so distraught and confused right now.  :(  :(

I cannot believe I ever stanned this woman and what makes me even more angry at myself is that I PAID LITERAL MONEY to see her in concert - I don't care that I've lost money but I am just mad at myself because I feel like I just financially supported a rapist and that's so upsetting to think about. I feel so guilty and ashamed for ever liking this woman, even though I could never have known what kind of a person she really was.

At first, I was a little skeptical because obviously as it has been discussed here already, sometimes people do make up stories of rape that turn out to be false. And then I did consider that this girl was just trying to generate publicity and launch her own career....

BUT!... Melanie's response pretty much just confirms that she did sexually assault her friend. "She didn't say no" is NOT an excuse. EVER. You cannot touch somebody without getting 100% confirmation that they consent to it. She might not have said no, but she also didn't say yes, so clearly this seems to be a case of rape. 

It seems silly but I feel so guilty for supporting Melanie. :poordat:  I genuinely loved her music and her artistry, but now that is all gone. I know I shouldn't make this about me, because my struggle of not feeling like I can enjoy her music or videos anymore is NOTHING in comparison to somebody being sexually assaulted, but nevertheless, I'm upset about this whole situation.

I will wait it out a bit more to see where this goes, before I delete her music (and possibly even burn or totally trash my 'CRYBABY' t-shirt), but in the meantime I refuse to listen to her music.

I think what is most upsetting about this situation is that these kinds of stories are not so isolated. There is a systemic sociocultural problem of sexual assault, rape and harassment and this is only one of many stories. If it seems like there have been so many cases of sexual assault in the media lately, but just imagine how many more there are that go unpublicized and don't get heard about, because of fear of speaking up. 

Again, I'm very conflicted as to what to believe right now and I am extremely upset and confused about this whole situation. I just hope that whatever the truth may be, justice is delivered.

And if Melanie did actually assault someone, which it is looking like she did, I hope those of us who have supported her in the past will move on. It's so disgusting to see people actually defending rape on Twitter (just in general), and saying that even if Melanie is a rapist it shouldn't matter. That kind of attitude is gross. Ew.  :smh:

Gosh... I'm so disgusted right now. I might even stan Halsey now to replace this bitch  :toofunny:

Wow. This news is very saddening to read. My heart goes out to Timothy.

I’ll be re-reading this thread tomorrow to evaluate some of the things that were said here, as I’ve received a lot of reports of posts in this thread. If you guys see a questionable post, PLEASE report it. I’d look now, but it’s 4am and I’m running on no sleep. But yes, tomorrow.

(Also, why tf is the comment section on Melanie’s Instagram just full of vine references m????)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Miss thing this is disgusting but I wont stop stanning her art. She is in fact, a talented and twisted thing. But theres two sides of the story!

I'm sure you were a great person before you said that

He still is CL

I want to hear her full reaction to that. As far as I'm aware Timmy is saying that she said no but Melanie is saying that she didn't. There's not really any proof it was rape or whatever

Also I LUL'd at the "I'll stop streaming her music, she's not getting a penny from me!". She's a fucking multimillion dollar celebrity, she doesn't need your shitty Spotify streams. Ha!

Edit: the topic of sexual assault really seems to hit home hard for some of you

"Now that all my dreams are dead and gone, there's no rush anymore"

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: