Jack

Melanie Martinez

this rly aint the time nor place guys  :deadbanana:

i will say this for the last time:

i never meant to suppress any victims of rape. (I even cheered when weintein and others were finally charged with rape) i just wanted to show that not everyone has good intentions and that only one perspective and little amounts of proof were shown. i even showed y'all articles talking about people who lied about being raped but y'all completely ignored them. stop taking my opinions so seriously this is just a lana del rey forum. speaking about rape here will not change how rape is viewed in society, not even by 1%

Lol i still gonna wait and see what happens and see if Melanie speaks about it and then i'll decide to believe this story or not. sorry gals

she already blocked her comments on insta so she aint gonna say a damn thing  :awkney:

VHshv7gl.png

i will say this for the last time:

i never meant to suppress any victims of rape. (I even cheered when weintein and others were finally charged with rape) i just wanted to show that not everyone has good intentions and that only one perspective and little amounts of proof were shown. i even showed y'all articles talking about people who lied about being raped but y'all completely ignored them. stop taking my opinions so seriously this is just a lana del rey forum. speaking about rape here will not change how rape is viewed in society, not even by 1%

I really don't understand how you're going to spend pages on this forum stating that she's probably lying when Melanie herself has not even come out saying that her accuser is lying. I really don't understand how you're going to complain that no one read your articles when you cherry picked less than ten HIGHLY publicized cases of false accusations of rape and left out the thousands of articles on the internet about actual rape. Here's a PEER REVIEWED article that shows that only between 2-8% of rape accusations are false and here's a report by the UNITED STATES NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF JUSTICE saying that only 36% of rapes are reported, only 34% of attempted rapes are reported, and only 26% of sexual assaults are reported. I hope that reading these two articles can begin enlighten you as to why it may be a lot easier to find sensationalized media pieces about false rape accusations and how they and the people who repeatedly bring them up when someone accuses someone of sexual assault can actually intimidate and harass victims into not reporting their experiences. While reflecting on those articles you can also reflect on how while you are entitled to be skeptical of accusations, spending several pages on an internet forum repeatedly pushing the idea that no one should take these accusations seriously until they are tried and found guilty in a court of law, is pushing past the "I have an opinion" and into the "I'm trying my best to discredit a victim because I hold societally inherent views that will go through any length to discreadv sexual assault victims". As stated earlier in this thread (which you seem to have ignored), innocent until proven guilty only holds up in a court of law, and is not applicable in a court of public opinion. As for your last point, it is always important to have these types of conversations because we as a society need to make sure sexual assault victims feel comfortable reporting these instances as well as making sure to fight against rape culture in our society.

I really don't understand how you're going to spend pages on this forum stating that she's probably lying when Melanie herself has not even come out saying that her accuser is lying. I really don't understand how you're going to complain that no one read your articles when you cherry picked less than ten HIGHLY publicized cases of false accusations of rape and left out the thousands of articles on the internet about actual rape. Here's a PEER REVIEWED article that shows that only between 2-8% of rape accusations are false and here's a report by the UNITED STATES NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF JUSTICE saying that only 36% of rapes are reported, only 34% of attempted rapes are reported, and only 26% of sexual assaults are reported. I hope that reading these two articles can begin enlighten you as to why it may be a lot easier to find sensationalized media pieces about false rape accusations and how they and the people who repeatedly bring them up when someone accuses someone of sexual assault can actually intimidate and harass victims into not reporting their experiences. While reflecting on those articles you can also reflect on how while you are entitled to be skeptical of accusations, spending several pages on an internet forum repeatedly pushing the idea that no one should take these accusations seriously until they are tried and found guilty in a court of law, is pushing past the "I have an opinion" and into the "I'm trying my best to discredit a victim because I hold societally inherent views that will go through any length to discreadv sexual assault victims". As stated earlier in this thread (which you seem to have ignored), innocent until proven guilty only holds up in a court of law, and is not applicable in a court of public opinion. As for your last point, it is always important to have these types of conversations because we as a society need to make sure sexual assault victims feel comfortable reporting these instances as well as making sure to fight against rape culture in our society.

im not even gonna read what you said. read the first few words and they seemed pretty angry so why bother. like i said dont take my opinions so seriously

im not even gonna read what you said. read the first few words and they seemed pretty angry so why bother. like i said dont take my opinions so seriously

It's not what you want to hear so you won't but I think you should probably read it anyways and learn a thing or two about how what you're calling your "opinion" that you're insistently peddling plays into a societal culture that suppresses sexual abuse victims

It's not what you want to hear so you won't but I think you should probably read it anyways and learn a thing or two about how what you're calling your "opinion" that you're insistently peddling plays into a societal culture that suppresses sexual abuse victims

alright ill give it a read once im done studying. just didnt feel like having another argument after having several others a couple of hours ago

If melanie doesn't say anything by tomorrow, she's done for and that's that; the longer the wait, the worse it's going to get.

*also as for the comments on her most recent post, I'm pretty sure they were already removed prior to today as I've seen a couple people mention that on here.

It was probably due to desc and it while being a lil pretentious, speaking of her art directly and how people negatively judge it, so she removed them so people wouldn't respond with hate in the comments or whatever, as according to her she's an advocate for anti-bullying.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif