Jump to content
Jack

Melanie Martinez

Recommended Posts

Is anyone going to The Trilogy tour? I missed out on Portals tour, and I've never seen Melanie live but I've loved her since her debut....


 Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildChild said:

WHAT I WANT WHAT I WANT. I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT.

I love the intro sound being like

w̸̝̄w̷̭̦̥͛̔̌͑̋̄̉̚ͅŵ̷̢̨͔̯̗̙̏̿͊̿ẃ̷̞̜̜͉̖̣͓̫̜w̷͉̬̻͚͈̩̽̎͌́͌̃̐͒̈́͘    ẅ̷̛̛͎̠́̈́͐̋̏͌̄̍ ̶͚̯̯̓̃̋̿̊̎͗́ ̷̨͚͖͈̬̹̗̟̈̂̈̐̅̊̊̕ ̷͉̝͙̺̰́͂̐̍͑̌̽̓̀ ̴̙̼̟̾͊͒̐͗̾̾̕͝Ẇ̵̤̞̯̘̘̜̏ͅW̵̢̡̛̥͔̻̳͈̳̲͆͛̓̏W̴̧̧̫̣̞͖̼̦̼̔̍̇̋͂̃̐̚̕ͅẄ̶̢̨̱̳̤̝͖̫́̒̑͌̋̑̂̄̋͝Ŵ̴̲w̸̦̪͖̬̘͈̞̔͒̎̃̅͐ͅw̶̡̧̛̛̥̣̪͙͈̣̘͎͗͗̎͛͛͘̕͠ŵ̵͚͉̍̓͊̈́̽͂͗w̵̨̳̪̱̖̆̃ẁ̶̧̩̫̠͕͍͋͌̀́̆ ̵̧̢̢̡͙̜̠̠̙̓̏̈̂̍̀͠ ̵̧̬̩͉͚͔̲̘̈́͗̓̊͘ͅ ̵̛͈͍̘̿͊͐̍͠  Ẅ̸̗̞̮̞̮̞͕́̎́̉̅̕W̸̛̛͙̪̾̔́́͝Ŵ̷̤̩̰̤͉̼̐͂W̴̨̨̗͚̰̉́͑͜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, Salem said:

u/blue_cookie_cutter on reddit said the fragrances only lasted for around ten minutes on their skin, and had a plasticy overtone after drying down that they compared to a c*ndom.

 

17 hours ago, The Siren said:

holy fucking shit id be upset :air:

the $20 perfume i got from target lasts all day :air:

I've seen too many immediate complaints for it all to be a coincidence, so where's the "luxury quality" Melanie was going on about when fans were criticizing the design and price tag for the perfumes? "It takes a lot of time and money to make high quality, meaningful products/art for you guys!" she says, as she feeds us an era full of the lowest quality shit she's ever put her name behind.

 

She keeps trying to make every bad decision sound like high art that we're just too stupid to understand, too. Even the bottle that came out looking like one of these, with toy potions inside(and they don't even look like real metal, but spray painted plastic).

Spoiler

Ypn694x_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

So yeah.. it's gotten old. This whole era in general has been such a letdown compared to what she's truly capable of creating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

 

I've seen too many immediate complaints for it all to be a coincidence, so where's the "luxury quality" Melanie was going on about when fans were criticizing the design and price tag for the perfumes? "It takes a lot of time and money to make high quality, meaningful products/art for you guys!" she says, as she feeds us an era full of the lowest quality shit she's ever put her name behind.

 

She keeps trying to make every bad decision sound like high art that we're just too stupid to understand, too. Even the bottle that came out looking like one of these, with toy potions inside(and they don't even look like real metal, but spray painted plastic).

  Hide contents

Ypn694x_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

So yeah.. it's gotten old. This whole era in general has been such a letdown compared to what she's truly capable of creating.

Thats exactly how it looked in the video she posted, but what will be posted on the website looks a bit better. Still plastic though, im guessing? The lighting in that video was awful and made everything look dull and not shiny. Still eghh tho.

Like is the gold bottom of the vials actually full of the perfume? Or is it just a space filler?

It also could have been cute if the box was a mushroom or something. It would have felt like something truly out of the Portals world, not just the novelty alien head that gives mascot vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melanie's random Pity Party playlist on Spotify features High By The Beach and God Knows I Tried.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/26C66A9K9C9dqtL82XRnhU?si=J5Gg-x3iRoy8wkVvqxHrgg&pi=a-HXdGuE2HTJKT

 

"This is the playlist my character Cry Baby would play at her party"

Um that's cute. I want more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melanie Martinez - Crybaby Deluxe on a "target" exclusive pink splatter vinyl is now available for preorder. Ships February 23, 2024!

https://www.target.com/p/melanie-martinez-cry-baby-target-exclusive-vinyl-pink-splatter/-/A-90460326#lnk=sametab

GUEST_ef96b599-7e1e-4e9a-bffe-43a44c98e3


don't ask if i'm happy you know that i'm not
But at best can say im not sad 

:party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be the ideal album rollout? (not just Melanie, it could be any artist)

I'm always posting on this thread so that's why I'm posting this here. Also I want to make an album within the next year or the next few years. I don't know if I'll use my real name or if I'll come up with a name. Would y'all prefer an EP or an Album? Would y'all prefer music videos, lyric videos, or visualizers? Also how do y'all feel about deluxe editions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sublimedreamersublime said:

What would be the ideal album rollout? (not just Melanie, it could be any artist)

I'm always posting on this thread so that's why I'm posting this here. Also I want to make an album within the next year or the next few years. I don't know if I'll use my real name or if I'll come up with a name. Would y'all prefer an EP or an Album? Would y'all prefer music videos, lyric videos, or visualizers? Also how do y'all feel about deluxe editions? 

promotion with fun clips or visuals/teasing on social media. Follow yourself 100%, you are the master of the art. Maybe start small with an EP and see where it builds from there, or be ambitious and start with an album. Visuals certainly help art get promoted in the world, but it's entirely up to you on what you want with your art. Deluxe 100%>>>, unless there's a story specific album/ep and it doesn't feel right to extend it. Best of luck, whatever you put your time and mind to, you will absolutely receive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sublimedreamersublime said:

What would be the ideal album rollout? (not just Melanie, it could be any artist)

I'm always posting on this thread so that's why I'm posting this here. Also I want to make an album within the next year or the next few years. I don't know if I'll use my real name or if I'll come up with a name. Would y'all prefer an EP or an Album? Would y'all prefer music videos, lyric videos, or visualizers? Also how do y'all feel about deluxe editions? 

AS for the rollout:

* promoing first is always better:

visuals, posts, teases, etc.

* singles of the best/your favorite songs is ideal as well.

* lyrics videos also help definitely.

There really is no one-size-fits-all rollout, go with the flow, and even if it isn't received well, absolutely keep at whatever you want to achieve, and although I hate how much time Melanie takes between releases, she's absolutely right about TAKING YOUR TIME!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

portals (release 2021/2022)

  1. death
  2. void
  3. tunnel vision
  4. faerie soiree
  5. light shower
  6. dragon's blood
  7. garden
  8. leeches
  9. fingers crossed
  10. magnets
  11. sirens
  12. pluto
  13. womb

 

diss tracks ep (release 2023)

  1. amulet
  2. battle of the larynx
  3. the contortionist
  4. nymphology
  5. evil
  6. powder

 

yes? no? edits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2023 at 5:55 PM, Ultra Violet said:

I love the intro sound being like

w̸̝̄w̷̭̦̥͛̔̌͑̋̄̉̚ͅŵ̷̢̨͔̯̗̙̏̿͊̿ẃ̷̞̜̜͉̖̣͓̫̜w̷͉̬̻͚͈̩̽̎͌́͌̃̐͒̈́͘    ẅ̷̛̛͎̠́̈́͐̋̏͌̄̍ ̶͚̯̯̓̃̋̿̊̎͗́ ̷̨͚͖͈̬̹̗̟̈̂̈̐̅̊̊̕ ̷͉̝͙̺̰́͂̐̍͑̌̽̓̀ ̴̙̼̟̾͊͒̐͗̾̾̕͝Ẇ̵̤̞̯̘̘̜̏ͅW̵̢̡̛̥͔̻̳͈̳̲͆͛̓̏W̴̧̧̫̣̞͖̼̦̼̔̍̇̋͂̃̐̚̕ͅẄ̶̢̨̱̳̤̝͖̫́̒̑͌̋̑̂̄̋͝Ŵ̴̲w̸̦̪͖̬̘͈̞̔͒̎̃̅͐ͅw̶̡̧̛̛̥̣̪͙͈̣̘͎͗͗̎͛͛͘̕͠ŵ̵͚͉̍̓͊̈́̽͂͗w̵̨̳̪̱̖̆̃ẁ̶̧̩̫̠͕͍͋͌̀́̆ ̵̧̢̢̡͙̜̠̠̙̓̏̈̂̍̀͠ ̵̧̬̩͉͚͔̲̘̈́͗̓̊͘ͅ ̵̛͈͍̘̿͊͐̍͠  Ẅ̸̗̞̮̞̮̞͕́̎́̉̅̕W̸̛̛͙̪̾̔́́͝Ŵ̷̤̩̰̤͉̼̐͂W̴̨̨̗͚̰̉́͑͜

The way I’ve been seeing this In my head everytime I’ve heard the song since 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Siren said:

portals (release 2021/2022)

  1. death
  2. void
  3. tunnel vision
  4. faerie soiree
  5. light shower
  6. dragon's blood
  7. garden
  8. leeches
  9. fingers crossed
  10. magnets
  11. sirens
  12. pluto
  13. womb

 

diss tracks ep (release 2023)

  1. amulet
  2. battle of the larynx
  3. the contortionist
  4. nymphology
  5. evil
  6. powder

 

yes? no? edits?

I'd replace light shower with needle & thread (I'd put it towards the end tho)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2023 at 9:23 PM, CoochieSwirlC said:

Can she change her Youtube thumbnails back for the love of GOD

it's like the comments section on the cry baby videos. i fear they will never return 


 

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...