Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 hours ago, Salem said:

It cross references teddy bear which makes me think it was intended either as a song for Crybaby's extra clutter (along with teddy bear, play date, cake, and gingerbread man) or a single, not for crybaby itself. I also suspect that this song is supposed to be representative of the point in time Crybaby was unconscious / drugged by her mother in the sippycup music video, with "tell me everything will be alright, I need to get some sleep tonight" Being her speaking to her father, but really nothing is confirmed. 

Interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of the song representing Cry Baby needing to go to sleep to forget and make some sense of everything that's happened to her. For example, her drunk mother, her man wh**e of a dad (who I believe died, alongside his mistress), her cannabis addicted brother, the boys who left her and broke her heart (Johnny, Blue Boy, and Alphabet Boy), the big bad wolf kidnapping her and her having to poison him to escape, her going insane after and being pushed away by Basic B***h (Beth Anne I believe her name is), not feeling like she's good enough (Mrs. Potato Head). I'm thinking this track, ZZZZ, was something similar to Billie Eilish's "goodbye" since it seems to sum up the album almost entirely and would be a really cool concluding track. This is just what I thought when first hearing it tho.

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

until sunrise, time flies, run, a thousands words, a million men, dear porcupines, intervals, race, rough love, unhappy meal
so, what are the EXACT cry baby outtakes? and what are exact not

99c Store, Band Aid, Bombs on Monday, Half Hearted, Haunted, the solo version of I Scream, Jumprope, King of the Arcade, Unhappy Meal and Zzzz are Cry Baby rejects. Almost everything else is Dollhouse EP and prior.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, AlexIl said:

99c Store, Band Aid, Bombs on Monday, Half Hearted, Haunted, the solo version of I Scream, Jumprope, King of the Arcade, Unhappy Meal and Zzzz are Cry Baby rejects. Almost everything else is Dollhouse EP and prior.

nuuh thank u, but i meant from what i listed, all that songs excluding HM are 2013, and if the song was intended for doll house could it be intended as well for cry baby

everybody says run, a thousand words and until sunrisr are cry baby outtakes but i didnt find any proof to this so id like simebody to tell me exactly if theres the information

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

23 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

nuuh thank u, but i meant from what i listed, all that songs excluding HM are 2013, and if the song was intended for doll house could it be intended as well for cry baby

everybody says run, a thousand words and until sunrisr are cry baby outtakes but i didnt find any proof to this so id like simebody to tell me exactly if theres the information

I think those are just Dollhouse outtakes; It can be said that the Dollhouse era generally didn't have a deliberate concept (aside from toy sounds being used in many of the songs' instrumentals), but Cry Baby was always focused on the childlike theme it ended up having; Half Hearted is debatably the only song I named to have absolutely no correlation to the theme whatsoever, which makes sense since it wasn't written for the album and then was only considered as a bonus track.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Noticed how she can't sing milk and cookies any more. Vocal damage is really bad :/

nuuh dont think so she just didnt try as properly cuz she later sang nurses office and it sounds good

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

12 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

nuuh dont think so she just didnt try as properly cuz she later sang nurses office and it sounds good

Nurses office doesn't use much of her range, milk and cookies does. Over all k-12 uses a far more limited range, after school even more so. It's a little sad seeing how she isn't experimental with her vocals anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Salem said:

Nurses office doesn't use much of her range, milk and cookies does. Over all k-12 uses a far more limited range, after school even more so. It's a little sad seeing how she isn't experimental with her vocals anymore. 

have you heard numbers?

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, CHIPCHROME said:

Numbers is so ugly. She sounds like a whiny bronchitis victim. It’s sad the lengths some people go to , to fool themselves into thinking her voice isn’t damaged.

it sounds like a you problem

13 hours ago, CHIPCHROME said:

Numbers is so ugly. She sounds like a whiny bronchitis victim. It’s sad the lengths some people go to , to fool themselves into thinking her voice isn’t damaged.

honestly the bridge to numbers is such bad audio quality it's hard to tell if she's singing or if she's moaning... ?

On 1/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, Nightmare said:

have you heard numbers?

On 1/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, CHIPCHROME said:

13 hours ago, Salem said:

honestly the bridge to numbers is such bad audio quality it's hard to tell if she's singing or if she's moaning... ?

I'm not a Melanie fan but fuck Numbers is one of her best songs, is very experimental and the lyrics are very important and real to so many artists. 

And tbh, her vocal delivery is on point, she didn't want to sound "amazing" nor beautiful, it's a song that asked for a very experimental output vocal wise, that's why it sounds so muddy, distorted and "bad quality" during the Bridge, is fucking fantastic to me.

But I'm a Björk fan so... I'm a sucker for weird sounding experimental vocal takes. Yup, I know, comparing Melanie to Björk is a reach, Björk voice is unique and she can hit some awesome notes, her vocal range is pretty wide and she can sound extremely beautiful, but sometimes she doesn't give a crap is she sounds on point or not, she loves to use her voice as a fucking instrument and sound crazy and very left field, I think that's something Melanie tried to accomplish here and to me, she did. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

55 minutes ago, Roger said:

I'm not a Melanie fan but fuck Numbers is one of her best songs, is very experimental and the lyrics are very important and real to so many artists. 

And tbh, her vocal delivery is on point, she didn't want to sound "amazing" nor beautiful, it's a song that asked for a very experimental output vocal wise, that's why it sounds so muddy, distorted and "bad quality" during the Bridge, is fucking fantastic to me.

But I'm a Björk fan so... I'm a sucker for weird sounding experimental vocal takes. Yup, I know, comparing Melanie to Björk is a reach, Björk voice is unique and she can hit some awesome notes, her vocal range is pretty wide and she can sound extremely beautiful, but sometimes she doesn't give a crap is she sounds on point or not, she loves to use her voice as a fucking instrument and sound crazy and very left field, I think that's something Melanie tried to accomplish here and to me, she did. 

SPILL BESTIE

4 hours ago, Salem said:

It's ugly for people who appreciate musical theory and quality audio. 

stay mad