Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 1/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, 100gizzie said:

So what do we think the alternative track list for crybaby could've been? Also, yall know a way to sort the crybaby rejects so they fit cohesively together? thx 

A lot of Cry Baby rejects would not make the alternative track list as it didn't make the cut for several reasons.
Just cause she wrote them at that time does not equal to being one for a supossed tracklist.

Only songs that were actually replaced were Jump Rope (by Tag, You're It) and Half Harted (by Play Date) as Idolator "leaked" the tracklist prior to Melanie revealing the final and official one.

10 hours ago, Salem said:

It's ugly for people who appreciate musical theory and quality audio. 

Do you do anything other than complain about Melanie? I swear :air: first it was 15$ being too much for a virtual concert now its whatever this attempt at a hot take is

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

57 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Sis, pay them no mind, he/she/they literally have a "Neighborhood" profile picture

i’m just trolling, also the neighborhood slap! jesse is a king.

anyway, yes her voice is damaged, we all know that, she said it herself too! but i honestly think she’s getting better again. you can tell she took care of the problem and now she can hit some notes, sometimes she posts herself singing songs in her insta stories and she doesn’t sound that bad. but at the end of the day is that really important? she wasn’t a mariah carey or celine dion before anyway! she can still work and record songs and be creative and evolve her sound without having to hit notes like whitney houston. now we can move on

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm not gonna say Numbers is bad, but it's not my favourite Mel song either. To me, half of After School is better than Numbers BUT that's just me.

And for the Cry Baby rejects addition to the track listing... I don't think I can imagine them fitting along with it. I feel like most of those songs are from the Dollhouse era, and they fit better there. I think there could have been an album (instead of EP) for Dollhouse with:

• Schizo
  • You Love I
  • Psycho Lovers
  • Mistakes
  • Where Do Babies Come From
  • Dollhouse
  • Carousel
  • Dead to Me
  • Bittersweet Tragedy
  • Half Hearted
  • Night Mime
  • Gold Diggin Love
  • Band Aid (maybe)

And Zzzz and Haunted feel like they could fit better into Cry Baby, particularly the former. As of 99c Store and Unhappy Meal, well, I don't really know. They're about places in the town where Cry Baby lives, but they could be just placed at the end as Cry Baby bonus tracks so they don't interfere with the narrative of the album. I don't know, just my thoughts.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 1/16/2021 at 2:56 PM, 100gizzie said:

So what do we think the alternative track list for crybaby could've been? Also, yall know a way to sort the crybaby rejects so they fit cohesively together? thx 

I have the other CB era tracks in an album titled Night Mime

Spoiler

01. Bombs On Monday Morning

02. You Love I

03. Where Do Babies Come From?

04. Band-Aid

05. Schizo

06. Gingerbread Man (Optional lol)

07. Can’t Help Falling In Love

08. 99 Cent Store

09. Haunted

10. Night Mime

11. Zzzz

12. Strawberry Fields Forever

1 hour ago, CHIPCHROME said:

I have the other CB era tracks in an album titled Night Mime

Hide contents

01. Bombs On Monday Morning

02. You Love I

03. Where Do Babies Come From?

04. Band-Aid

05. Schizo

06. Gingerbread Man (Optional lol)

07. Can’t Help Falling In Love

08. 99 Cent Store

09. Haunted

10. Night Mime

11. Zzzz

12. Strawberry Fields Forever

This actually sounds like a good songs run. I'll give it a try.

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

i’m just trolling, also the neighborhood slap! jesse is a king.

anyway, yes her voice is damaged, we all know that, she said it herself too! but i honestly think she’s getting better again. you can tell she took care of the problem and now she can hit some notes, sometimes she posts herself singing songs in her insta stories and she doesn’t sound that bad. but at the end of the day is that really important? she wasn’t a mariah carey or celine dion before anyway! she can still work and record songs and be creative and evolve her sound without having to hit notes like whitney houston. now we can move on

I will be the first to admit her stories and her small lives sound really good. I don't know what is holding her back so much in official releases. :/ I guess she's scared to do fun vocals because she might have to do a song live with a difficult vocal, but... Her shying away from that is making her more recent music lack in comparison to Cry baby era writing. Only time will tell if working with kinetics and one love will bring her back to her roots. 

12 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

A lot of Cry Baby rejects would not make the alternative track list as it didn't make the cut for several reasons.
Just cause she wrote them at that time does not equal to being one for a supossed tracklist.

Only songs that were actually replaced were Jump Rope (by Tag, You're It) and Half Harted (by Play Date) as Idolator "leaked" the tracklist prior to Melanie revealing the final and official one.

Bombs On Monday and Haunted were replaced as well, according to this rumor from very early 2015 (long before either song was really confirmed to exist):

IncList.jpg

I would assume WDBCF? was also replaced by Teddy Bear or Half Hearted/Play Date, since she confirmed it was supposed to be a bonus track.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

10 hours ago, AlexIl said:

Bombs On Monday and Haunted were replaced as well, according to this rumor from very early 2015 (long before either song was really confirmed to exist):

IncList.jpg

I would assume WDBCF? was also replaced by Teddy Bear or Half Hearted/Play Date, since she confirmed it was supposed to be a bonus track.

Melanie always said WDBCF was not going to be on the record, even her Dad would say so, even tho it was one of his favorites and he would post snippets of it without her permission.

Half-hearted was replaced by Play Date as I mentioned.

Bombs On Monday was a title few knew for sure as Melanie tweeted the lyrics, but it was never going to be on the record due to storyline, as the song was inspired by actual bombings and not on Cry babies life.

Have heard rumors that haunted was going to be on it, but Melanie never confirmed sadly ... it's the same situation with WDBCF, It was one of Mels dad's favorite, he posted a snippet without her permission.

21 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Melanie always said WDBCF was not going to be on the record, even her Dad would say so, even tho it was one of his favorites and he would post snippets of it without her permission.

Half-hearted was replaced by Play Date as I mentioned.

Bombs On Monday was a title few knew for sure as Melanie tweeted the lyrics, but it was never going to be on the record due to storyline, as the song was inspired by actual bombings and not on Cry babies life.

Have heard rumors that haunted was going to be on it, but Melanie never confirmed sadly ... it's the same situation with WDBCF, It was one of Mels dad's favorite, he posted a snippet without her permission.

Melanie teased WDBCF way before she released Cry Baby, it was clearly intended for the album

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Melanie teased WDBCF way before she released Cry Baby, it was clearly intended for the album

Y'all do know that cry baby isn't the first thing she worked on.... Right? It's just the first thing she released. It was probably written right around the time of dollhouse before she'd decided in her sound 

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

Y'all do know that cry baby isn't the first thing she worked on.... Right? It's just the first thing she released. It was probably written right around the time of dollhouse before she'd decided in her sound 

It makes a lot of sense that WDBCF was written around the Dollhouse era. All those other songs (You Love I, Mistakes, Psycho Lovers, Night Mime) could also be from that time and they somehow make sense together in my head.

---

Also, wasn't Haunted replaced with Soap? Or it was only an unsubstantiated rumour?

5 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

1 hour ago, Salem said:

She confirmed in this interview that it was supposed to be a bonus track on Cry Baby: https://theknockturnal.com/an-exclusive-interview-with-melanie-martinez/

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Melanie had started well, and then K12 and After School really turned me off. Cry Baby's releases are much better than K12. This album is definitely a failure. I wait for her in a dark universe and a heavier production, she masters her art to perfection so I don't understand how she can release such bad titles.

51 minutes ago, AlexIl said:

She confirmed in this interview that it was supposed to be a bonus track on Cry Baby: https://theknockturnal.com/an-exclusive-interview-with-melanie-martinez/

stating a bonus track, which aren't part of Cry Baby story line to later on being scrapped ... so, no

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Also, wasn't Haunted replaced with Soap? Or it was only an unsubstantiated rumour?

Just rumors based on the subject of the tracks

2 hours ago, Salem said:

THANK YOU

Melanie first had the idea for the character after writting Dollhouse, and the way she woks is, she writes down titles and then create a song out of it, she most definetly made up Cry Baby's storyline after having all the songs.