Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, Honeysuckle said:

did "where do babies come from" ever leaked? i remember wanting this song so back way back then but since the end of cry baby era i'm not really keeping up with melanie, i just know she released an album and ep a while ago lol

yeah it leaked a few months ago

https://dbree.org/v/f6dcb0

2 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

did "where do babies come from" ever leaked? i remember wanting this song so back way back then but since the end of cry baby era i'm not really keeping up with melanie, i just know she released an album and ep a while ago lol

Here's the HQ file that's doesn't sound like it was recorded in a microwave :creep:
 https://dbree.org/v/2cdbea

2 hours ago, Salem said:

It's sad some of our leaks are better quality audio than what's on her Spotify ?

okay bestie we get it you don't like her recent music, can you find a new personality trait now?

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

On 1/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, Salem said:

Apparently Mel is still writing with Keenan alongside Kinetics and One Love according to a friend of mine :/ I hope not. 

I don't know if she's writing with keenan (and i hope not), but the producers for her new album are really K&OL and i think is gonna be better than cry baby cause keenan ruined k-12 in my opinion, its not a bad album but if you compare to cry baby you can quickly notice the downgrade

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

okay bestie we get it you don't like her recent music, can you find a new personality trait now?

please they literally have nothing positive to say about her :air:

anyways, i want more songs that give off the same vibes lunchbox friends, show n tell, soap, and teacher's pet give off 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, Party Favor said:

please they literally have nothing positive to say about her :air:

It's nothing to do with her, it's Spotify. I actually like some of her new stuff which I recently said. Y'all are just selective on which posts you read. 

17 minutes ago, TrigonTriot said:

I don't know if she's writing with keenan (and i hope not), but the producers for her new album are really K&OL and i think is gonna be better than cry baby cause keenan ruined k-12 in my opinion, its not a bad album but if you compare to cry baby you can quickly notice the downgrade

I don't think Keenan single-handedly ruined K-12; The production's alright, it's the songs themselves. I think she struggled from having to write a full album around a very specific concept with a very limited number of things to reference and relevant experiences to write about, while also trying to shoehorn it into a pre-existing fictional universe; Besides the title convention, Cry Baby never really restricts itself in that way at any point.

Tl;dr if every song on MM3 has to force itself to lyrically/thematically be relevant to the main concept, it'll be just as bad as K-12.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, AlexIl said:

I don't think Keenan single-handedly ruined K-12;

Tl;dr if every song on MM3 has to force itself to lyrically/thematically be relevant to the main concept, it'll be just as bad as K-12.

Yes, I agree with this as well, however Keenan is less experimental in sound so he didn't add much to it. I'm hoping working with better teams Melanie can show how awesome she really is. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Yes, I agree with this as well, however Keenan is less experimental in sound so he didn't add much to it. I'm hoping working with better teams Melanie can show how awesome she really is. 

i agree with both of you, thinking now, keenan's productions are really more linear than K&OL for example, and about melanie being limited by the theme, i agree, i think the first of K-12 would've been way more experimental but saddly we couldnt have it

My favorite music of Melanie’s is around the dollhouse era (including pre dollhouse and early crybaby songs and of course, dollhouse).

The way she used childhood imagery to mask and intertwine darker topics didn’t restrict her like it does with trying to tell a specific story with crybaby (which isn’t bad but we missed out on some great songs because she wanted the album to have a storyline which is cute but, you know, comes with restrictions) and ESPECIALLY K-12 (which really restricted her because of the specific school theme, the crybaby storyline and what not).
If anything it made some of her best, darkest, and most meaningful songs - at least for me. 

A million men, bombs on Monday, birthing addicts, bittersweet tragedy, sippy cup, soap, etc. There’s also a timelessness to those songs for me while latter cry baby songs (as in when the music videos were released just felt... tiring. I don’t know how else to describe it. Maybe it’s just not having to wait for the latter MVs, especially when she started taking control over most aspects like directing and story telling/writing and i think costume design - same goes for K-12).

Anyway, she’s got talent, a lot of it. In short she just needs to stop putting herself in these boxes that restrict her time wise and music wise. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

4 hours ago, Escapism said:

Anyway, she’s got talent, a lot of it. In short she just needs to stop putting herself in these boxes that restrict her time wise and music wise. 

This is the best worded way I've seen this said. Her writing through the lens of crybaby *isn't* a bad thing, it's amazing, but the more she tries to push each album as a storyline the harder and harder it's going to be for her to give us consistency: she will either have to sacrifice story or sacrifice quality lyrically to try to force it to fit into a universe that is growing too specific. Overall, my hopes for album #3 are that she goes back more to her roots, where songs are treated as individuals instead of the album being considered as a whole. 

22 hours ago, Escapism said:

My favorite music of Melanie’s is around the dollhouse era (including pre dollhouse and early crybaby songs and of course, dollhouse).

The way she used childhood imagery to mask and intertwine darker topics didn’t restrict her like it does with trying to tell a specific story with crybaby (which isn’t bad but we missed out on some great songs because she wanted the album to have a storyline which is cute but, you know, comes with restrictions) and ESPECIALLY K-12 (which really restricted her because of the specific school theme, the crybaby storyline and what not).
If anything it made some of her best, darkest, and most meaningful songs - at least for me. 

A million men, bombs on Monday, birthing addicts, bittersweet tragedy, sippy cup, soap, etc. There’s also a timelessness to those songs for me while latter cry baby songs (as in when the music videos were released just felt... tiring. I don’t know how else to describe it. Maybe it’s just not having to wait for the latter MVs, especially when she started taking control over most aspects like directing and story telling/writing and i think costume design - same goes for K-12).

this. this.this. this. 

Dead To me is like her magnum opus and idk why she is not going back to that style of writing and music. Her After school EP couldve been like the Dollhouse EP and its just bland. 

Finding leaks on dbree is near impossible now ? some asshole spammed 100 pages of NSFW material in the Melanie tags so you can't actually find any leaks there anymore.