Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 hours ago, lovesick said:

than we have the subject matter of the songs, that for the most part are the most shallow "woke" ideas that don't say anything new. the principal = president bad :( why u must fuck with our dreams. orange juice = have an ED? well but ur beautiful <3 yaayyy she's cured. strawberry shortcake = sexism baaad. and don't even have me started on how BORING and bland the production on this one was, she needs to ditch michael keenan.

Ok this?? She couldn't introduce the different issues in a way that made any sense with the movie. It was so forced. The pledge of allegiance thing, the trans teacher, the tampon thing, the weed thing? I wish that she had made songs over these issues, like Strawberry Shortcake. The way she mentions all of these only once and never again??

She also introduced multiple plot points that looked SO INTERESTING and made me excited to watch it...and then they weren't even explored. The ghosts? The blood on the bus mirror? The all-black eyes? Wtf?

I wasn't expecting it to be a perfect movie, I was expecting it to be 13 music videos stitched together with a cohesive plot. There are like 3 different conflicts in this movie that are forgotten halfway through the movie, cause then they move onto another one.

And the music was absolutely boring. Nurse's Office, Lunchbox Friends, Strawberry Shortcake, and Drama Club are seriously the only songs worth listening to. The rest are plagued by their production. And the fact Gluestick is from this era and shits on all of these is angering lol

It had sooo much potential, and with four years to work on it, there's really no excuse.

5 minutes ago, Circuit said:

And the music was absolutely boring. .

Not only this, but even as a timeline the film made NO SENSE. Like Class Fight and the Principal + Lunchbox Friends, Orange Juice, and Detention are all very clearly events that should logically be in ONE DAY, but not only has Melanie said each song is a different year, it's shown class fight is in 1st grade but by the time she gets back from the principal's office she's suddenly in 3rd grade? The timeline itself doesn't work. Unless cry baby is a time traveler and we all just missed that point entirely, the whole thing is a mess. Also were not even gonna get into the fact the locations of k-12 clearly suggest it took place in the 1800s around the Victorian era despite Crybaby's locations all suggesting we were in the 1950s or 1960s.

Okay, regarding your opinions of how K-12 should be, I was thinking of which songs she could pick as singles:

1. The Principal: 2018

2. Strawberry Shortcake: 2018

3. Lunchbox Friends: 2019

4. Detention: 2019

5. High School Sweethearts: 2019

Which songs you think that would be singles?

UAmFDOp.png

4 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Okay, regarding your opinions of how K-12 should be, I was thinking of which songs she could pick as singles:

In terms of releasing singles, she honestly could've released Piggyback as a single. Also, the album was FULLY completed in 2017 according to her Instagram stories. The issue was the film. Strawberry Shortcake was actually one of the first songs written in very late 2015 or in 2016, and would've been an excellent single. Show and Tell and Strawberry Shortcake should've both been singles. 

The last k-12 song to be written was Fire Drill, by the way. It was the only one written after 2017.

1 minute ago, 13 Bitches said:

didn't she plan on making Fire Drill the closer with the whole school set on fire? how come if the album was finished in 2017?

She'd likely had another track written for that purpose. Fire drill was written specifically for the credits of the film, it's even registered as Credits Song (Fire Drill) on multiple repituires

Just now, Salem said:

She'd likely had another track written for that purpose. Fire drill was written specifically for the credits of the film, it's even registered as Credits Song (Fire Drill) on multiple repituires

it wasn't registered until summer 2019, meaning it was registered under that name way after they had decided it was going to be the credits song. doesn't mean it was written with that purpose

it wasn't registered until summer 2019, meaning it was registered under that name way after they had decided it was going to be the credits song. doesn't mean it was written with that purpose

Let me figure out how to upload the screen shot of Melanie saying the album was done in 2017.

https://images.app.goo.gl/aexR6YTxNMptSU679

Here's where she said the album was completed in 2017.

does anyone have more info about those 2 pics that leaked in 2018 which seem to be from an early album cover concept from k-12. im surprised we never get more photos from that shoot

EFa9FXkXkAAS0hK.jpg

k-12-mm2-melanie-martinez-Favim.com-7618

9 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

Fire drill and recess both seem clearly written after the plot rework. So I'm almost certain we would've had a very different closing song. 

5 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

does anyone have more info about those 2 pics that leaked in 2018 which seem to be from an early album cover concept from k-12. im surprised we never get more photos from that shoot

EFa9FXkXkAAS0hK.jpg

Honestly these make me wonder what her original music video ideas were and what k-12 originally sounded like. I have a feeling much of the album got reworked to sound similar for the sake of the film. 

10 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

these leaked in March (April?) 2017 and I always had the feeling she shot these to show to the label/A&R what the concept/aesthetic for the film was going to be? i'd love to get more from this shoot though

7 minutes ago, Salem said:

Fire drill and recess both seem clearly written after the plot rework. So I'm almost certain we would've had a very different closing song. 

someone posted here the other day proof that Recess was written in August 2016 though

these leaked in March (April?) 2017 and I always had the feeling she shot these to show to the label/A&R what the concept/aesthetic for the film was going to be? i'd love to get more from this shoot though

someone posted here the other day proof that Recess was written in August 2016 though

Than she planned to use that for the burning the school scene? That makes no sense... 

4 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

that song shouldnt have been written at all its so bad

17 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

EFa9FXkXkAAS0hK.jpg

Only that they were shoot by Emily Soto. The original location of where the film would be shoot was in the United States, and also Eliseu Junior (the guy who plays Johnny) would also appear in the original idea and the film would show more of Crybaby's town.

UAmFDOp.png

32 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Which songs you think that would be singles?

1. Nurses Office

2. High School Sweethearts 

3. LunchBox Friends

2 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Only that they were shoot by Emily Soto.

weren’t this shot by someone else? the photographer leaked them by accident by posting them on his website thinking the album was already out.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

weren’t this shot by someone else? the photographer leaked them by accident by posting them on his website thinking the album was already out.

I actually know barely about that, but I remember it was said to be Emily Soto.

UAmFDOp.png