Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

For the throat for for the throat (x200) wasn't a placeholder so :awkney:

Hahaha you're right ? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, Ryusei said:

For the throat for for the throat (x200) wasn't a placeholder so :awkney:

"I never signed up for your drama, up for your drama, up for your drama club. I never signed up for your drama, for your drama, for your drama club" Exists so hate on Dragon's Blood for it's chorus is unwarranted. 

22 minutes ago, Salem said:

"I never signed up for your drama, up for your drama, up for your drama club. I never signed up for your drama, for your drama, for your drama club" Exists so hate on Dragon's Blood for it's chorus is unwarranted. 

Spoiler

Your vivid hate for Drama Club makes me quiver. It's not that terrible. Class Fight and The Principal sound a little too repetitive too, but what makes up for Drama Club is the production and the verses imo.

And I think it's very precise to say that Drama Club's repetition of the chorus is nowhere near to be compared to that of Dragon's Blood. At least, in the former, she says the whole sentence "I never signed up for your drama club", while in the latter she only says "Dragon's blood we're drowning"*, which kinda makes it sound even more repetitive. I'm not complaining, though. My only complaint with Dragon's Blood, besides it leaking before its release date, is that the vocal production sounds weird, kinda more Autotuned than her previous releases. But overall it sounds interesting, I hope it is released soon 'cause that potato quality is killing me.

I'm hoping it's a demo, though. Some parts feel unfinished.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Your vivid hate for Drama Club makes me quiver. It's not that terrible. Class Fight and The Principal sound a little too repetitive too, but what makes up for Drama Club is the production and the verses imo.

And I think it's very precise to say that Drama Club's repetition of the chorus is nowhere near to be compared to that of Dragon's Blood. At least, in the former, she says the whole sentence "I never signed up for your drama club", while in the latter she only says "Dragon's blood and drown him", which kinda makes it sound even more repetitive. I'm not complaining, though. My only complaint with Dragon's Blood, besides it leaking before its release date, is that the vocal production sounds weird, kinda more Autotuned than her previous releases. But overall it sounds interesting, I hope it is released soon 'cause that potato quality is killing me.

I'm almost positive the chorus lyrics for dragon's blood are as follows: 

Chug chug, dragon's blood, dragon's blood, we're drowning

We're all out of dragon's blood, dragon's blood, dragon's blood

Idk how y'all keep mishearing them this much ? 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'm almost positive the chorus lyrics for dragon's blood are as follows: 

Chug chug, dragon's blood, dragon's blood, we're drowning

We're all out of dragon's blood, dragon's blood, dragon's blood

Idk how y'all keep mishearing them this much ? 

Lol my bad, that's what happens when you trust any lyrics. I wrote what I saw in a fanmade lyric video.

But that doesn't change what I said regarding Drama Club / Dragon's Blood.

Also, cheers 'cause there's no unnecessary profane words in DB!

10 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

And I think it's very precise to say that Drama Club's repetition of the chorus is nowhere near to be compared to that of Dragon's Blood. At least, in the former, she says the whole sentence "I never signed up for your drama club", while in the latter she only says "Dragon's blood and drown him", which kinda makes it sound even more repetitive. I'm not complaining, though. My only complaint with Dragon's Blood, besides it leaking before its release date, is that the vocal production sounds weird, kinda more Autotuned than her previous releases. But overall it sounds interesting, I hope it is released soon 'cause that potato quality is killing me.

Spoiler

Idk I prefer “Chug, chug dragon’s blood, dragon’s blood, I’m drowning

Pour all the dragon’s blood, dragon’s blood” but I agree that Drama Club isn’t too bad albeit very boring 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Sign me up Salem, I also can't stand Drama Club, it's the only song I avoid from the album as I really dislike how repetitive the chorus is even though I adore Class Fight chorus ? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Sign me up Salem, I also can't stand Drama Club, it's the only song I avoid from the album as I really dislike how repetitive the chorus is even though I adore Class Fight chorus ? 

^ Drama Club is just one of those songs that clearly only got released for plot and not because it was good. 

Reworking Birthing Addicts was one of the best choices Melanie made. She used to sing it super fast with no emotion while it is literally about child cancer and drugs. Still want the better recorded version for TMTTM to leak tho. It'll be in higher quality than the lives and be produced in GarageBand by Melanie herself

10 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

Reworking Birthing Addicts was one of the best choices Melanie made. She used to sing it super fast with no emotion while it is literally about child cancer and drugs. Still want the better recorded version for TMTTM to leak tho. It'll be in higher quality than the lives and be produced in GarageBand by Melanie herself

It's about a mother who's addicted to drugs. The line "Gave me cancer and thick black lungs" Is more a "you smoked around me so much it made me sick too"

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

It's about a mother who's addicted to drugs. The line "Gave me cancer and thick black lungs" Is more a "you smoked around me so much it made me sick too"

No even Melanie said she wrote a song about child cancer so it's both

57 minutes ago, Salem said:

^ Drama Club is just one of those songs that clearly only got released for plot and not because it was good. 

That's right 

1 hour ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:
  Hide contents

Idk I prefer “Chug, chug dragon’s blood, dragon’s blood, I’m drowning

Pour all the dragon’s blood, dragon’s blood” but I agree that Drama Club isn’t too bad albeit very boring 

Spoiler

thats cuz these are the supreme lyrics

1 hour ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

ill never forgive mel for not releasing psycho lovers or arts & crafts...............................

She really has made some weird decision throughout her career. 

Sometimes I believe she chooses to release the songs that are more suited to her vision instead of the better ones. 

She should drop releasing concept albums, they are not that good when you force them.

Bitch better start aiming towards amazing songs and not concept albums. 

1 hour ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

ill never forgive mel for not releasing psycho lovers or arts & crafts...............................

There's like 2 albums worth of material that she didn't release and that was worth it, but I lowkey also see why she didn't. But I wish she decided to release it back in 2014 anyways so yeah :cryney2: