Favourite Lana Instrumentals

I don't know if you guys ever realized that, but the Honeymoon instrumentals (and vocals) play a lot around the "time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future" theme (and some people here even say the Burnt Norton interlude is useless in the album, when, in fact, it's one of its major roles) which I believe is a central role in the album theme and the thoughts Lana put in its creation.

Like, if you listen to "Music to Watch Boys to" you can hear, right in the beggining, that the chorus without instrumental goes forward, while, in the back sound, the echoes are played backwards.

We have this again in "High by the Beach" with the vocals being played going high and being repeated right after backwards and that goes throughout the entire song, everytime these "scream" (yawns? I don't know how to describe it) appear. The instrumental itself is also going forward and backwards sometimes.

Art Deco brings it again, with the trip beats in the beggining being played forward and backwards. The instrumental in Burnt Norton is essencially this. Played forward and backwards, forward and backwards, giving the feeling of an endless loop.

At the end or Religion the beats slow down to bring Salvatore, where the flutes are first going up and in a second beind played in reverse. 

And the best of all, right in the beggining you have the sound of a man crying compulsively, which is repeated a lot of times. The cry itself lenghts less than a second, but they repeat it like, 9 times, so it seems like a continously cry. At the end of the bridge, when the violins rise again (at the end of the piano part) you can see that the cry is now going up, like a laugh, 'cause they're playing it backwards. God, it's fu**ing amazing. This part is more notorious if you listen to the instrrumental isolated, you can find it in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoSJz0QgC4w.

I listened some of the same pattern in the Swan Song instrumental, but right now I'm not remembering to tell you especifically. Overall, that's just shows how Lana is a fu**ing incredible artist, how everything is planned and she is really focused in materializing an idea, a thought, a belief in what she creates. It's simply overwhelming.

P.S.: I'm going to copy this and paste at the Honeymoon post-release discussion thread, 'cause I have never read someone discussing this before and I'd like for more people to know about it!

Some aren't Lana but whatever, here are some of my favourite instrumentals:

True Colours - The Weeknd

As You Are - The Weeknd

Party Monster - The Weeknd

Hollywood - Lana Del Rey (this instrumental feels really psychedelic)

Kill Kill - Lana Del Rey

Mr. E - GFOTY

The Whole "Electra Heart" album :creep: - Marina and the Diamonds

I think Freak is my favourite instrumental. But also High By the Beach is fascinating cause its so different to her other stuff. From BTD my favourite is Blue Jeans (Ive uploaded the video instrumental on Youtube, the one with the strings at the start). From Paradise its Bel Air, and from UV its Shades of Cool and Guns and Roses

Cherry. I know it hasn't leaked but for just imagining it ughhh.

100% Agree

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: