Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Love is #153 on Spotify worldwide while Green Light is at #28, a position Love has never ever even come close to worldwide, which is a huge difference. And pls, for the love of God, stop bringing up artists like Marina and Grimes. And unlike Lana, Gaga sucks in streaming numbers, but she can actually sell her album. And quite frankly, I think Joanne will even do better in streaming than Lana's next.

And let's not even go there to compare Badlands and Cry Baby in terms of streaming compared to Honeysnooze

out of curiosity, do you unironically believe that music is automatically good just because it sells more?

giphy.gif

Hope y'all realized that Lana was once the world TOP artist.

Now shes being reduced to a Marina, Grimes level mess.

No one to blame but herself.

Even Grimes had more promo than Anal Del Ray.

Hope y'all realized that Lana was once the world TOP artist.

Now shes being reduced to a Marina, Grimes level mess.

No one to blame but herself.

Even Grimes had more promo than Anal Del Ray.

The only explanation is that she didn't give a shit anymore and I don't think there's anything we can do about it

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The only explanation is that she didn't give a shit anymore and I don't think there's anything we can do about it

Of course we can not. It's not like we can force her. I just hope that the dissatisfaction of her fans reaches her. I really do.

Most of us will move on stanning real talent like Lorde and Halsey after this era anyway.

I love Lana. AKA, Born To Die, and Ultraviolence are my favorite albums.

I'm not expecting her to sell millions of records. I'm also not expecting her to remake Born To Die over and over like some of the more chart-obsessed members are (or Ultraviolence).

I'd appreciate it if she put more effort in though. While fans aren't entitled to anything, it's a pretty big "fuck you" to the people who made her rich and famous that she doesn't seem to do anything.

Of course we can not. It's not like we can force her. I just hope that the dissatisfaction of her fans reaches her. I really do.

Most of us will move on stanning real talent like Lorde and Halsey after this era anyway.

you're kidding, right?

Lana is lazy as fuck, but she's still talented.

giphy.gif

I love Lana. AKA, Born To Die, and Ultraviolence are my favorite albums.

I'm not expecting her to sell millions of records. I'm also not expecting her to remake Born To Die over and over like some of the more chart-obsessed members are (or Ultraviolence).

I'd appreciate it if she put more effort in though. While fans aren't entitled to anything, it's a pretty big "fuck you" to the people who made her rich and famous that she doesn't seem to do anything.

you're kidding, right?

Lana is lazy as fuck, but she's still talented.

+ Meghan.

Buy I'm a Lady on iKoons.

I too am excited for Depressing Soda Fountain. I am sure it will be so great and won't at all sound like the musical equivalent of Tumblr having an orgasm. 

I know people don't like a brag, but I am so happy I didn't listen to BAR yet because of this issue. It's a win win situation for people like me. If BAR gets released then we get a new song we haven't heard, but if it doesn't then we get to listen to the unreleased BAR and an extra new song!!!!

This, 8990534 times this!! That's the reason why I'm not listening to the leaks, well said gurl!!

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

...not really.

Commercial suicide is more like:

Barely promoting your album

Abandoning your album after it was released (or even beforehand)

Not promoting anything

Not promoting an album via an actual tour

Not performing or barely performing songs from said albums

Basically, of the things Lana has done in her career, West Coast was not commercial suicide.

Of course this is a part of why her relevancy and status in the music industry is fading but releasing a non easy listenable song as the lead single to the (probably most anticipated) Lana album wasn't a smart move either. the lack of promo and growing number of people who couldn't relate to her music anymore (as in liking it) while not trying to reach new fans or even potential listeners describes her last two albums perfectly.

i76mrxw.png 

What has been going on in here lately?

All those Adele gifs?? I mean come on I love Adele as much as the next person but spamming her all over a LANA DEL REY forum about a LANA DEL REY album?? Really??

And then arguing whether the song is really called BAR or Architecture??  :lanasrs: Have some patience and wait till we get told by the queen herself.

... Then y'all are saying that Lana's music is bad if it doesn't chart?? Um goodbye Lana's music is miles ahead of half the garbage that "charts" nowadays...   :byeh8rs2: I stan talent, not generic recycled shitty mainstream pop trash that everyone else is making. If you can't appreciate Lana's brilliance then get out, honestly.

And the worst sin of them all... comparing a queen like LDR to trash like Meghan Trainor and Halsey???  :toofunny:  :facepalm:  :toofloppy:  :smh:

Y'all are a messssss  :biblio:  :bye2:

Of course this is a part of why her relevancy and status in the music industry is fading but releasing a non easy listenable song as the lead single to the (probably most anticipated) Lana album wasn't a smart move either. the lack of promo and growing number of people who couldn't relate to her music anymore (as in liking it) while not trying to reach new fans or even potential listeners describes her last two albums perfectly.

WC is the step by which Lana Del Rey entered the club of true artists, differing from all other pop stars.