Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

I didn't know this existed... do you mean Shades of Cool?

No, summertime. @LanaDelReyWorld on Twitter posted a video snippet with audio from her new interview, but I remember a while back it was talked about and was like aired on German TV or something.

No, summertime. @LanaDelReyWorld on Twitter posted a video snippet with audio from her new interview, but I remember a while back it was talked about and was like aired on German TV or something.

I think that's the orig video but just edited diff? Also including scenes from the original "Bel Air" video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkN5Lk0pcw (this was posted by Lana before TROPICO came out)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I think that's the orig video but just edited diff? Also including scenes from the original "Bel Air" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkN5Lk0pcw (this was posted by Lana before TROPICO came out)

Nah ik whats original and whats a delete scene. it's like a totally different angle and all. look https://mobile.twitter.com/LanaDelReyWorld/status/835274837371277312/video/1

Does anyone have the Summertime Sadness directors cut or whatever with all the alternative scenes

There was an alternate Summertime Sadness video aired on German TV in 2012 I believe, but I don't think anyone has it.

Either way, please keep requests like these in the Request Thread :)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Also what are the chances we get a cover of "I Put A Spell on You" this era, seeing as Lana loves Nina (I know she didn't write it) and the witch :)

No.

I don't want her to do another Nina Simone cover.

giphy.gif

No.

I don't want her to do another Nina Simone cover.

i do, that songs fucking incredible

UPDATE: The love video has over 700,000 likes on youtube and is very close to getting 1,000,000 which some of her other videos haven't even achieved 

If she does cover that song, I hope she brings the same energy to it that Nina did. I would definitely want some BTD era vocals on that track.

that would be so amazing, lana has awseome energetic vocals that she rarely uses, sadly .

what makes people think shes all of a sudden not going to do a nina cover whe shes had one per album? like i dont know anything about nina simone but all of lanas covers have turned out really well i feel like

pNjWdpc.png

Listened to Cola randomly today. The lyric "I fall asleep in an American flag" stuck out more than usual tbh. BTDP was a really American era in general (that one line in the Ride outro that's about believing in the country America used to be or something) If she's going more "socially-aware" on this album, do you think she'll directly mention America? In a critical fashion? I personally hope not bc mentioning America in any context might lose her some fans. I hope it's "global" like she says it is. I think she finished making the album before Election Day, so there might be some cringeworthy America-glorifying lyrics on it again...

Listened to Cola randomly today. The lyric "I fall asleep in an American flag" stuck out more than usual tbh. BTDP was a really American era in general (that one line in the Ride outro that's about believing in the country America used to be or something) If she's going more "socially-aware" on this album, do you think she'll directly mention America? In a critical fashion? I personally hope not bc mentioning America in any context might lose her some fans. I hope it's "global" like she says it is. I think she finished making the album before Election Day, so there might be some cringeworthy America-glorifying lyrics on it again...

Yeah. A lot of people seem to want her to stick with the glamorous vintage Americana feels though. It's tasteless right now, honestly. Everyone also seems terrified that she's apparently taken a stance as being Anti Trump (Shocker!! 30 year old musician from New York doesn't like trump: more at 9)  

People who are scared of an artist expressing their views because they might lose spotify streams are the :) worst. Half the people around here were wondering where Lana's BTW ode to the gay boys was for YEARS, but now that we've got an actual oopa loompa facist in power trying to start mass deportations and driving up hate crimes of all types it's too "iffy" to get political? Whatever. 

tZ7WN4B.gif