Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

As a matter of fact, she should leave her label.

She doesn't need a big budget for her projects.

For instance, just take a quick glance at the number of collaborators who contributed in the writing process and production of Lemonade versus what she needed to complete Honeymoon.

She has already enough fans.

Better to have "fewer" fans who buy your music, than to have "many" who only listen via YT, TV and (free, too) streaming (whose deriving revenue is insignificant anyway)

Ok, so you want 240p Laptop videos of her singing acapella snippets into her webcam while wearing her pajamas and posing around awkwardly instead of some high quality recordings with good sound of her performing wonderful live variations of her tracks while looking gorgeous.

Big budget projects don't mean you have to sell out or do generic music. Delivering quality content (apart from the music itself) is not something artists should be ashamed of. And of course, quality content does not need to be big budget if you do it right. But Lana's way of low budget projects end up being pretty meh recently and often seemed lazy, and it would be a nice change to actually get something bigger again.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

As a matter of fact, she should leave her label.

She doesn't need a big budget for her projects.

For instance, just take a quick glance at the number of collaborators who contributed in the writing process and production of Lemonade versus what she needed to complete Honeymoon.

She has already enough fans.

Better to have "fewer" fans who buy your music, than to have "many" who only listen via YT, TV and (free, too) streaming (whose deriving revenue is insignificant anyway)

so you want her to give up all she's worked hard for and to leave a major label (millions of people dream of being signed to a label like interscope, even lana) to just please a minority of fans who want her to perform a concert from her room live on instagram? you're crazy

lana will definitely always try to be signed to major label cause thats the reason she has like 5 mansions, sports cars, a horse plant statue that cost thousands of dollars, etc.

also if the performances and videos are put on her VEVO page, she gets paid. artists and labels don't make music videos for no reason. youtube pays creators who get millions of views. why do you think artists like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift keep making huge videos on youtube? because they get a crap ton of views and that mean they get a crap ton of money

The thing is, her label are kinda just sitting on Love which already has more buzz than every single since West Coast but the buzz is fading. Love could be a big single for Lana if her label would give it a push but they aren't bothering. It's just frustrating.

question to the once again downer people-

How does YOUR individual needs change or not change by Lana doing or not doing promo?

After all, you are a supporter already, correct?? (some of course here may not be, judging from some posts all the time), but if one is a supporter

already, why do you need her to do promo?

Promo is for what? And who pays for the promo? It ain't free. And it is costly in time. (at end of the day, the artist pays one way or another for every cost

involved, be it front end or back end. Lana is one of the most profitable, and the record company makes the most profits from Lana under the deal as it stands. If she did everything like any other artist, seems to me she loses the uniqueness that makes her, well, unique.

thought 2-

Here's a thought- as someone (me) who has seen more than a  dozen plus shows and counting, and is always near the front (in the pit or the VIP area) at each

one, though I don't rush the barricade and have no real desire to be in the very front row of the pit), I have a suggestion if you wish Lana to do

more concerts-

that is SHUT UP and let her sing, and don't scream along with her, which makes it impossible for those in the further back sections to hear the words.

One needs to remember- many people at shows are not necessarily big fans (especially in festivals), and their enjoyment or not, is not in hearing

a bunch of first row singers, but in hearing her sing and hearing the words.

I appreciate European audiences that tend to be less noisy (in some places remain absolutely silent).

Because if she is only playing to the people squished up front, then why bother having the rest of the audience if they can't hear her?
And not every song is one that needs singalongs. (example- YAYO- only she can sing the song, no, the karaoke's don't sound good. I don't pay big money to see anyone but her sing it.)

3rd point- if Love doesn't do as well as one wanted it to, blame the leakers (YOU) for making her release it sooner than wanted.

Perhaps grow up and have a little patience and not sabotage her.

rant over.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The thing is, her label are kinda just sitting on Love which already has more buzz than every single since West Coast but the buzz is fading. Love could be a big single for Lana if her label would give it a push but they aren't bothering. It's just frustrating.

That's true, but don't forget, there's to be another single out shortly so hopefully she'll be back on top again.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How does YOUR individual needs change or not change by Lana doing or not doing promo?

After all, you are a supporter already, correct?? (some of course here may not be, judging from some posts all the time), but if one is a supporter

Promo is for what? And who pays for the promo? It ain't free. And it is costly in time. (at end of the day, the artist pays one way or another for every cost

involved, be it front end or back end. Lana is one of the most profitable, and the record company makes the most profits from Lana under the deal as it stands. If she did everything like any other artist, seems to me she loses the uniqueness that makes her, well, unique.

thought 2-

Here's a thought- as someone (me) who has seen more than a  dozen plus shows and counting, and is always near the front (in the pit or the VIP area) at each

one, though I don't rush the barricade and have no real desire to be in the very front row of the pit), I have a suggestion if you wish Lana to do

more concerts-

that is SHUT UP and let her sing, and don't scream along with her, which makes it impossible for those in the further back sections to hear the words.

One needs to remember- many people at shows are not necessarily big fans (especially in festivals), and their enjoyment or not, is not in hearing

I appreciate European audiences that tend to be less noisy (in some places remain absolutely silent).

Because if she is only playing to the people squished up front, then why bother having the rest of the audience if they can't hear her?

And not every song is one that needs singalongs. (example- YAYO- only she can sing the song, no, the karaoke's don't sound good. I don't pay big money to see anyone but her sing it.)

3rd point- if Love doesn't do as well as one wanted it to, blame the leakers (YOU) for making her release it sooner than wanted.

rant over.

I agree. Especially the whole fans screaming obnoxiously while she performs. Just be quiet and listen to the music. That's what you're there for.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

so you want her to always have a bad crowd? and the second part is untrue. i went to the bristow show in the endless summer tour, i was near the lawn and everyone was screaming and going crazy and i and everybody around me could hear her perfectly fine

how is being silent at a concert gonna help lana do more shows. if anything it would discourage her, she loves it when we get loud thats why she sings Serial Killer

i keep forgetting you have the most delusional thoughts 

Lmaooo

I never said she should get back to the low quality à la "Noir", still many fans enjoyed AKA whilst it wasn't a product of a major label.

She is famous and wealthy enough to deliver quality content AND staying independent.

I reckon she released "lazy", uninspired videos but it's only because she wasn't profitable enough.

DRAG ME HARD THO

so you want her to always have a bad crowd? and the second part is untrue. i went to the bristow show in the endless summer tour, i was near the lawn and everyone was screaming and going crazy and i and everybody around me could hear her perfectly fine

how is being silent at a concert gonna help lana do more shows. if anything it would discourage her, she loves it when we get loud thats why she sings Serial Killer

i keep forgetting you have the most delusional thoughts 

you shouldn't bother quoting graham. he is very special.

thought 2-

more concerts-

rant over.

Luckily, every show I went to only had a few of these fans. The biggest part of the audience looked "older"

Or your taste is simply too poor to appreciate it

I enjoyed it!!!

But she could've done better, and she proved it

I'm not here to hate on her

I love her

That's why I'm so critical, because she has the potential

thought 2-

more concerts-

rant over.

Not everyone is such a fanatic fan as you are. You can like an artist without eatung up everything they do (or don't do) 24/7. Wishing for more promo does not really hurt her career at all, does it? I really doubt that "not doing much" is the thing that makes Lana a unique artist.

Apart form that, being a fan and wanting to see some nice live recordings of her stuff are not conflicting arguments. And as you say - sine Lana's audiences are extremely noisy and disrespectful, it's hard to even really hear her on her own concerts. Good recordings of her shows or at least single tracks would preserve the beauty of her performances.

And I don't think that the leak changed anything about the success of the track. Not that I welcome it, but without it I guess Lana would have waited another 2 weeks or something to even release the video for the track and i doubt they would have done more in order to make it successfull if it hadn't leaked.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

y'all will never be happy lol. as long as the music and the visuals, both of which are what made me fall in love with her as an artist, and both of which can probably be more or less funded with BTD's sales till the end of time (it's a zeitgeist album that went and goes beyond the standom, look how long it charted for, years), I'm happy. girl always delivers, people's expectations are what garners any disappointment.

(I really want her to do a music video with Steven Klein tho)