Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

why do we need tv performances??

if you wanna watch her singing live, she could upload something recorded in an intimate setting 

at least she'd perform better

in 2017 internet is more than enough to discover and enjoy the music of new artists

I could have sworn she sang Salvatore in a small interview before honeymoon came out. Or maybe they just played the song lol.. I can't find it but it looks like she definitely sang Honeymoon on BBC radio 1.

LIZARD PEOPLE

Lana doesn't have stage fright or is scared of performing on tv because of snl. She had many good performances after snl. You can be successful and not make selena gomez type of music, Lana already proved that with btd. If sky and marina can get tv performances in the us so can Lana. She also needs to do smth about Europe, the only thing she does is doing 4 random festivals and that's not cute. She hasn't been here since 2013. This isn't even about promo but girl the European GP loved u when u were trashed by us media and you don't even do anything for your actual fans over here.

i76mrxw.png 

Her fanbase is basically the same that listens to Melanie Martinez, 21 Pilots, Halsey... am i right?

There's some Overlapping when you look at the twitter type of stans but the general rest doesn't listen to them I think.

i76mrxw.png 

Lana doesn't have stage fright or is scared of performing on tv because of snl. She had many good performances after snl. You can be successful and not make selena gomez type of music, Lana already proved that with btd. If sky and marina can get tv performances in the us so can Lana. She also needs to do smth about Europe, the only thing she does is doing 4 random festivals and that's not cute. She hasn't been here since 2013. This isn't even about promo but girl the European GP loved u when u were trashed by us media and you don't even do anything for your actual fans over here.

Tbh I think her tour manager is partly to blame for that.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

no but you were comparing promo levels and lead single status and the amount intention it received.

Wet Toast and Hight By The Chart are leads.

Love is that song. Eeeek she DID THAT.

The post I refered to compared the promo level of Freak and Love and I said that it's something you can't compare. That's all.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Her fanbase is basically the same that listens to Melanie Martinez, 21 Pilots, Halsey... these "alternative" acts, am i right?

At least I don't listen to any of those acts you named there.

Btw just clarifying that I'd love if Lana did some more promo and stuff, I just think the discussion is pointless atm. 

It doesn't matter anyway what we are saying or wishing in this forum – Lana will do what she wants to do, if we like it or not. You can't force her doing promo stuff. It can get frustrating, f.ex. that she doesn't do a proper European tour (no festivals please!).

why do we need tv performances??

if you wanna watch her singing live, she could upload something recorded in an intimate setting 

at least she'd perform better

in 2017 internet is more than enough to discover and enjoy the music of new artists

why are some of y'all so against tv performances? its what a mainstream artist/singer does! if you're a singer and you're signed to a major label, its common sense to perform on tv. if lana wasn't supposed to perform on tv then she would've signed with an indie label instead of interscope.

and y'all want everything to be so intimate! y'all want everything to be cheap and just her sitting in front of her laptop singing to us. gurl this isn't 2010, lana is better known now. this is an artist who signed to a major label not an artist signed to an indie label with like 100 fans who performs in small venues. this woman now performs in amphitheaters!

some of y'all just don't want lana to reach her full potential and its annoying

It's so funny how promo is always seen out of an commercial point of view. Promo always means goodies for the fans.

I love HQ recordings of performances. Imagine having a recording of her doing West Coast or Honeymoon on Letterman.

Those trashy LQ social media things are ok for Instagram, but they should not be all she does for "promo".
Not just because it's not reaching anyone but because some "cute little videos" are not quality content, even though some people on here will lose their minds over every little thing she does.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

y'all  don't care about sales or charts but then complain when her videos have a $10 budget

and get mad when an era lasts like 2 months, why would her label invest into an album that they're not benefiting from?

YESYESYES! She seems to forget that out of 7M Born To Die albums, "only" 1.1M were sold in the US. 2011 - 2013 have proven how successful she can be here with some promo and how much airplay she could get if she did something for it. I can't believe she totally neglects this market.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

why are some of y'all so against tv performances? its what a mainstream artist/singer does! if you're a singer and you're signed to a major label, its common sense to perform on tv. if lana wasn't supposed to perform on tv then she would've signed with an indie label instead of interscope.

and y'all want everything to be so intimate! y'all want everything to be cheap and just her sitting in front of her laptop singing to us. gurl this isn't 2010, lana is better known now. this is an artist who signed to a major label not an artist signed to an indie label with like 100 fans who performs in small venues. this woman now performs in amphitheaters!

some of y'all just don't want lana to reach her full potential and its annoying

As a matter of fact, she should leave her label.

She doesn't need a big budget for her projects.

For instance, just take a quick glance at the number of collaborators who contributed in the writing process and production of Lemonade versus what she needed to complete Honeymoon.

She has already enough fans.

Better to have "fewer" fans who buy your music, than to have "many" who only listen via YT, TV and (free, too) streaming (whose deriving revenue is insignificant anyway)