Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

what happened?

West Coast is my favourite Lana music video and also the song that made me stan (along with Money Power Glory) and Ultraviolence is the best album ever and I'm mad I missed the release because I didn't cared about Lana at all at the time :( I just remember hearing Old Money when it leaked on tumblr that's all I became a stan in december 2014 it's so frustrating especially when the era after was kinda the opposite

4tdWYMA.png

@lmdr Underrated if anything. I thought I could lurk here without ever making a comment but it it's not easy watching UV getting bashed. As for repetitive, people think BTD was too. That she's unimaginative because she keeps using the same words and shit. We know it's because she has a very coherent lyrical universe, and that's part of what's beautiful about it all. That extends to UV too? I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a beautiful blue album. She lost some stans she also gained many. A lot of boys I know only started taking her seriously post UV (I shoved it down their ears). That made them appreciate BTD too later.  

I don't.

I didn't like the music. I still remember it like yesterday.

I was on the bus when the song (West Coast) premiered on Radio 1. Missed by a bit so I decided to read peoples reactions online and how they love the song. I was so pumped, grabbed my headphones with the quickness after it was posted on YouTube and listen to it.

I was shook in a bad way. I didn't understand a single word she was singing (muffled production).. its rockfish and I hated rock music (at the time)... I was tearing up because I knew she was going to BOMB.

And it wasn't just that. I felt a spiritual detachment from her. It was so weird.

that's so funny, i was the complete opposite

i stayed up until 4 am , i was listening, waiting for fearne to play it and as soon as the intro started playing i was shook so much i couldn't breathe for a few seconds because it was everything i didnt know i needed from lana. the dreamy desert rock sound with the tempo change in the chorus killed me. and then the noise thing (i still dont know what to call it) in the last chorus was everything!!