Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

that's so funny, i was the complete opposite

i stayed up until 4 am , i was listening, waiting for fearne to play it and as soon as the intro started playing i was shook so much i couldn't breathe for a few seconds because it was everything i didnt know i needed from lana. the dreamy desert rock sound with the tempo change in the chorus killed me. and then the noise thing (i still dont know what to call it) in the last chorus was everything!!

SAME! I was quite suprised that it's so different from BTD but I loved every second of it and I went from a 60% stan to a 170% stan

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Missing the UV era is the biggest fucking regret of my life

you missed a lot

honestly it was the best, for me i can't even compare it to BTD era

it was full of excitement since she said the album would be a mix between Blue Jeans and Million Dollar Man

idk but i love that era so much and i really miss it 

:smile3:

that's so funny, i was the complete opposite

i stayed up until 4 am , i was listening, waiting for fearne to play it and as soon as the intro started playing i was shook so much i couldn't breathe for a few seconds because it was everything i didnt know i needed from lana. the dreamy desert rock sound with the tempo change in the chorus killed me. and then the noise thing (i still dont know what to call it) in the last chorus was everything!!

I was hysterically crying when that part came, something like this:  :crying:

EDIT: I just love when IDK what to do out of excitement, and then start crying and pulling my hair 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I don't.

I didn't like the music. I still remember it like yesterday.

I was on the bus when the song (West Coast) premiered on Radio 1. Missed by a bit so I decided to read peoples reactions online and how they love the song. I was so pumped, grabbed my headphones with the quickness after it was posted on YouTube and listen to it.

I was shook in a bad way. I didn't understand a single word she was singing (muffled production).. its rockfish and I hated rock music (at the time)... I was tearing up because I knew she was going to BOMB.

And it wasn't just that. I felt a spiritual detachment from her. It was so weird.

i had completely the opposite reaction

i was crying so hard bc it was way better than what i expected 

honestly it was the best moment of my life.. i miss those days

EDIT: I just love when IDK what to do out of excitement, and then start crying and pulling my hair 

i lived those moment in 2014 when the west coast released

ugh god i really miss that era so bad 

i lived those moment in 2014 when the west coast released

ugh god i really miss that era so bad 

Yup, we share the same moment with the same emotions  :flutter:

I miss that excitement, that feeling like I could jump over a building  :flutter:

ultraviolence really was a masterpiece, and honeymoon was too but why i consider uv to be her greatest album is because of the energy and controversy surrounding the era/fanbase pre-release and during release... like honeymoon had good music but uv as an era was a good EXPERIENCE

pNjWdpc.png

Apparently this was said in an unpublished section of the Dazed interview w Courtney? No idea if it's real or not I just saw a thread about it on atrl 

A while back I recorded a song called Life is Beautiful for a movie, a trailer with some bits of the song was released, but the song never ended up on the final movie. Every time I check my social media, I have fans asking me to release the song. The truth is, I don't own the rights to the song even if I wrote and recorded it. I wanted to release the album a lot earlier, but it took a different direction after I recored "Love", later on I decided to fight for that one particular song to be included on the album, for the fans, it just took a lot longer than I expected.

RVhKIwP.gif

Yup, we share the same moment with the same emotions  :flutter:

I miss that excitement, that feeling like I could jump over a building  :flutter:

when the HBTB released i hoped that i'd cry again as what i did with WC bc hell yeah that felt so good 

but unfortunately i didn't and i didn't even like that song :( i love HM album tho

ultraviolence really was a masterpiece, and honeymoon was too but why i consider uv to be her greatest album is because of the energy and controversy surrounding the era/fanbase pre-release and during release... like honeymoon had good music but uv as an era was a good EXPERIENCE

yes i agree thay both are so amazing but honeymoon had no vibes it felt like it was fading away so fast 

i think we can all appreciate this iconic moment as well

For me this is the best official Lana video ever it's what made me start doing edits and stuff I'd watch endless hours of this kind of footage

4tdWYMA.png

Apparently this was said in an unpublished section of the Dazed interview w Courtney? No idea if it's real or not I just saw a thread about it on atrl 

A while back I recorded a song called Life is Beautiful for a movie, a trailer with some bits of the song was released, but the song never ended up on the final movie. Every time I check my social media, I have fans asking me to release the song. The truth is, I don't own the rights to the song even if I wrote and recorded it. I wanted to release the album a lot earlier, but it took a different direction after I recored "Love", later on I decided to fight for that one particular song to be included on the album, for the fans, it just took a lot longer than I expected.

that must be fake. she's already stated her view on it

theres still people who think life is beautiful will be on the album  :toofunny:

reminds me of when people said "OMG LANA PERFORMED SERIAL KILLER ON HER TOUR ITS GONNA BE RE-RECORDED AND PUT ON HONEYMOON!11"

pNjWdpc.png

when the HBTB released i hoped that i'd cry again as what i did with WC bc hell yeah that felt so good 

but unfortunately i didn't and i didn't even like that song :( i love HM album tho

I liked HBTB and HM, but wasn't crying.. Not once

I live for how much some one you also live for the UV era, whenever it gets real hot outside in summer I listen to uv on repeat and I am right back to the summer it came out and it was the album I desperately needed.

Jesus???

Is there more

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif