Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I just see so much lost potential with this song... like I don't think anyone would be upset if she pushed back an album that hasn't been promised on a specific date yet a couple weeks to produce and mix this song some more. If it was that important to her to put it on the record than she totally could have taken some time to get it to something of more quality

Lol some peeps on here might be upset but you're right I don't even know anything about production and I know this sucks and was rushed. 

It makes me wonder whether there isn't that much stuff she's proud of on the record that she wanted to add this last minute because she could have just released the album the way it was, perfected this in the mean time, and just put this out as a random single just to say hey. I know lana doesn't do that but it could have been done. Why release something that's not complete? I bet it's the attention her instagram post got-- judging from that a lot of people liked the song so she probably felt like it was fate/a necessary addition, but honestly it could have been so much better and different. When I heard it, I imagined it with smoky instrumentation like more rock or acoustic (UV). It would have been perfect for that aesthetic but I think she wanted it to fit into the pop mould she had for LFL that didn't end up melding with this song as a whole. 

I still genuinly believe the album is coming on the 26th. I think she might even give us the tracklist and pre order whenever she decides to mention this new single.

Also is anyone else really excited to find out the order of the songs cus that's like my favorite part :yesnod: :candy: :blush3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lol some peeps on here might be upset but you're right I don't even know anything about production and I know this sucks and was rushed. 

It makes me wonder whether there isn't that much stuff she's proud of on the record that she wanted to add this last minute because she could have just released the album the way it was, perfected this in the mean time, and just put this out as a random single just to say hey. I know lana doesn't do that but it could have been done. Why release something that's not complete? I bet it's the attention her instagram post got-- judging from that a lot of people liked the song so she probably felt like it was fate/a necessary addition, but honestly it could have been so much better and different. When I heard it, I imagined it with smoky instrumentation like more rock or acoustic (UV). It would have been perfect for that aesthetic but I think she wanted it to fit into the pop mould she had for LFL that didn't end up melding with this song as a whole. 

haha I agree that some wouldn't love a push back but no one would really know if she did now would they :hooker:  but anyway I totally agree

I dont recall any releases similar to this.. its so strange..

lol when you thought Lana was messy with releases before :rip: this makes honeymoon look like a promo gem

I still genuinly believe the album is coming on the 26th. I think she might even give us the tracklist and pre order whenever she decides to mention this new single.

Also is anyone else really excited to find out the order of the songs cus that's like my favorite part :yesnod: :candy: :blush3:

mte and yes i'm so excited for the tracklist

I'm livid. The new song is almost unlistenable. It's not about the lyrics, on the first listen they seem better than LFL, but the production is so amateurish and out of place that the whole thing is just jarring. I don't know what to think anymore tbh, I love her voice but here her singing is just mudded, drenched in so much reverb that is just ridiculous. The way this song was rolled out...she's really working hard on ending her career

I really love the melody of that flute. I can't get it out of my mind i know it's really faint and barely audible but it really reminds me of being in a forest (the one lana was in when she made that video) and it's raining and you get that really nice Earthy smell in the air

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay, my last bit of curiosity/excitement for this era is officially gone. I'll just pass on this album and wait for LDR6.

Why do I feel like LDR6 will be the true coming of Honeymoon 2.0. I can't envision her carrying this momentum through another era, she'll probably settle down again like when she recorded HM. Hoping she proves me wrong tho :oopna:

At first I tought that people are exaggerating about the beats but these are the worst beats that I heard in a while. The melody has potential tho

Honestly all of Lana's albums have at least one song I don't care for. Lmao idk why everyone starts thinking the whole album will be bad when they don't like one song.

C'mon, we have a collab with Stevie fucking Nicks coming, the queen of rock n roll  :oprah:

Why do I feel like LDR6 will be the true coming of Honeymoon 2.0. I can't envision her carrying this momentum through another era, she'll probably settle down again like when she recorded HM. Hoping she proves me wrong tho :oopna:

She's with G Easy, if anything it'll get more trap and mainstream. What I want is acoustic/surf rock