Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Thanks god Lana doesn’t sing about gay themes, I am indeed gay, but lately almost all “artists” will just do it to get sales or attention from the huge community that is the gay scene in pop culture. It is so obnoxious how all the pop girls claim to be bisexual when they are clearly not, or how all the teenage boy singers will not want to identify as straight, but neither gay just to keep their gay fan fantasies and attention alive. Like stop it. I’m glad Lana does her own thing and doesn’t fall into these cringey gimmicks.

I find it so unauthentic and hollow.

I hate when artists pander like that. There is a big difference between singing about themes/stories/struggles communities face, giving time or attention to causes, or being an advocate in some way vs. being manipulative and assuming the community you are trying to target is too dense to see that you clearly only value their coins and not anything about them or their reality. 

Thanks god Lana doesn’t sing about gay themes, I am indeed gay, but lately almost all “artists” will just do it to get sales or attention from the huge community that is the gay scene in pop culture. It is so obnoxious how all the pop girls claim to be bisexual when they are clearly not, or how all the teenage boy singers will not want to identify as straight, but neither gay just to keep their gay fan fantasies and attention alive. Like stop it. I’m glad Lana does her own thing and doesn’t fall into these cringey gimmicks.

its ok u can say katy perry, she wont find you here

LOL she pushed it SOOOO hard on Swish Swish. So transparently pandering. "Don't you come for me" "She keeps receipts"  :lanasrs2:  That SNL performance with the drag queens too. Just comes across as try hard

Only if you say her name 3 times she's summoned. Be careful what you type people, Katy's on the hunt. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

Agreed.

I dont need a straight woman singing to me about being a gay man. Its pandering, whether its well intentioned or not.

I also dont need singers who i like validating me because of my sexuality in their music, it means nothing to me.

if this follows in the tracks of UV and Honeymoon then we'll get the box sets/ merch and the urban outfitters cover tomorrow too :flutter:

I only have £30. Would that be enough for the box set plus shipping? please say yes. :heidi:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

yo timezones

• honolulu (us) - 6 am
  • anchorage (us) - 8am
  • los angeles (us) - 9 am
  • new mexico (mountain time), guatemala city (gua), managua (nicaragua), belize, honduras, el salvador, costa rica - 10 am
  • rio branco (brazil), dallas (us), kingston (jamaica), mexico city (mexico), bogota (colombia), panama - 11 am
  • santiago (chile), port-au-prince (haiti), havana (cuba) - 12 am
  • buenos aires (argentina), são paulo (brazil) - 1 pm / 13h
  • lisbon (portugal), abakaliki (nigeria) - 5 pm / 17h
  • johannesburg (sa), warsaw (poland), cairo (egypt), germany, sweden, norway, denmark - 6 pm / 18h
  • moscow (russia), finland - 7 pm / 19h
  • jakarta, bangkok - 11 pm / 23h
  • beijing - 0 / 12 am
  • tokyo - 1 am
  • wellington (new zealand) - 4 am

plus

tehran ((iran - 8h30 pm (20:30)

new delhi ((india - 9h30 (21:30)

why the fuck you guys from iran, india (and another places lol) have :30

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

LOL she pushed it SOOOO hard on Swish Swish. So transparently pandering. "Don't you come for me" "She keeps receipts"  :lanasrs2:  That SNL performance with the drag queens too. Just comes across as try hard

dont forget the new Audio video for it with Gretchen, "hey i know you guys are mad about bon appetit and then i said sorry and then worked with them live on snl so heres a video pandering to the gays by usin a gay twitter meme lol i can still get that ally award next year right?"

yo timezones

• honolulu (us) - 6 am
  • anchorage (us) - 8am
  • rio branco (brazil), dallas (us), kingston (jamaica) - 11 am
  • santiago (chile) - 12 am
  • johannesburg (sa), warsaw (poland), cairo (egypt) - 6 pm / 18h
  • moscow (russia) - 7 pm / 19h
  • beijing - 0 / 12 am
  • tokyo - 1 am
plus

Omg I'm laughing @ New Zealand, I'm so sorry guys. :eartha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

completely unrelated but imagine if lana did asmr videos :air:  i mean if this signing thing doesn't work out......

weird! I was thinking about this earlier when I was listening to kill kill (because of the whispering ofc)

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

YES.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

completely unrelated but imagine if lana did asmr videos :air:  i mean if this signing thing doesn't work out......

*singing* u stupid fuck

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

Katy TRIED IT.

I just watched both the lyric video and the SNL performance and I'm cringing so hard  :burn:

yo timezones

• honolulu (us) - 6 am
  • anchorage (us) - 8am
  • rio branco (brazil), dallas (us), kingston (jamaica) - 11 am
  • santiago (chile) - 12 am
  • johannesburg (sa), warsaw (poland), cairo (egypt) - 6 pm / 18h
  • moscow (russia) - 7 pm / 19h
  • beijing - 0 / 12 am
  • tokyo - 1 am

plus

Mexico City 11 AM  :D

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Mexico City 11 AM  :D

i'm going to add it! y'all can tell me your timezones, i'm going to add it too!!

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u