Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

im. in. love. with. this.

People on Facebook & Twitter are posting that Lana has given her fanbase a new name - 'little fuckers' & she being our mom would be our 'mother fucker'. like, wtf? (It's also like the top comment on Lana's latest FB post so I hope she reads it lol)

yUFEvKq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Does anyone knows how to make a NZ account on Spotify? I clicked Edit profile but my country is the only option 

download Hola, go to spotify.com/nz and activate Hola to fake a NZ location. You can use whatever email, you don't need to confirm anything

image.png

People on Facebook & Twitter are posting that Lana has given her fanbase a new name - 'little fuckers' & she being our mom would be our 'mother fucker'. like, wtf? (It's also like the top comment on Lana's latest FB post so I hope she reads it lol)

yUFEvKq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Feel like Lana's fanbase is the only one who would, in the span of 24 hours, leak her entire new album that's just about to come out, get called out for that shit by Lana herself, and then suggest that Lana let everyone call her a motherfucker as a term of affection. 

I've been here for the release of the last three records, and this is the one with the most universal positivity from members towards it, which I wasn't expecting. That actually made it easier for me not to want to listen to the leak, because I wasn't anxious to hear whether I'd like it. I truly have no idea right now how I will rate the record against her others, but I'm excited to find out.

Same same but different - her music style is more varied this time around but not too much to disappoint any existing Lana fan. Also, not as happy as Lana claimed (check out the Pitchfork interview for more insight)

I'm a 1%'er - I liked Coachella from the first time I heard it - and I'm really interested to hear how it fits into the record. On the other hand, Love and the title track didn't grab me as much as I'd expected, so I hope they get more interesting among the other songs.

Love and L4L were (imo) the happiest songs on the record and she already released them as singles.. I can ensure you it will get more interesting (and depressing ;) )

I really hope I don't need to drive to more than one store to find somewhere to buy it tomorrow.

why don't you get it online or the CD delivered?

Love and L4L were (imo) the happiest songs on the record and she already released them as singles.. I can ensure you it will get more interesting (and depressing ;) )

In view of the Pitchfork interview and in looking at songs like Heroin (lyrically), L4L, the song, seems like a Trojan song. It is uplifting on the surface and meant to get you feeling that way, but the extensive quote from Invictus in it invites you to read the rest of that short poem, which I would describe as very bleak but defiant. This sets the stage for a much darker interior for the album, which does seem to be darker than expected (from what I'm reading), though I haven't listened to the album yet (less than a day away). Bought my copy on Amazon, which has an autorip feature; also I'm sure she'll have it on spotify at midnite, as this artist wants her music to be heard, for sure.

why don't you get it online or the CD delivered?

I know this isn't for me but just saying it doesn't work like that everywhere. I for one had to order it from Amazon UK because my country's "leading" record store isn't getting it until sometime next week and I doubt any other stores will get it earlier than that either. And my Amazon order's estimated delivery is July 28 - Aug 1 so

download Hola, go to spotify.com/nz and activate Hola to fake a NZ location. You can use whatever email, you don't need to confirm anything

thank you so much!five minutes :defeated:  :spin:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I know this isn't for me but it doesn't work like that everywhere. I for one had to order it from Amazon UK because my country's "leading" record store isn't getting it until sometime next week and I doubt any other stores will get it earlier than that either. And my Amazon order's estimated delivery is July 28 - Aug 1 so

i'll get mine on September  :creep:

:smile3: