Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

In an interview with Portal Pop Online, Lana revealed that she has plans to return to Brazil next year & that a collaboration with Marina is very likely.

Well, I have an important question: Do you have plans to return to Brazil? 

Haha, for sure! I have plans for next year!

Still on the subject of collaborations, you are friends with Marina and The Diamonds and a few months ago you met in Los Angeles. Can we say that there is a possibility for a partnership between you in the future? 

Fully! Absolutely! I love her! She's an amazing songwriter!

SOMEONE CALL THE BRAZIL STANS OMG @subversive light @daytona something 

???, ?????????

Coachella is not that bad..actually the last minute is very good and has a nice vibe..Lust for Life is worse but not that bad either...c'mnon nothing is more boring and bland than G&R

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Okay since when do stores actually care about release dates? Last year I saw Gwen Stefani's album in several stores one day before its release date, whereas today I already went to three different stores and none of them have Lust For Life. :crai:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Random thoughts from someone who has only heard the singles, and can't wait to buy a physical CD in about 15 hours.

- I've been here for the release of the last three records, and this is the one with the most universal positivity from members towards it, which I wasn't expecting. That actually made it easier for me not to want to listen to the leak, because I wasn't anxious to hear whether I'd like it. I truly have no idea right now how I will rate the record against her others, but I'm excited to find out.

- I've already heard her getting some heat for using the name 'Lust For Life', which among music snobs is considered a sacred title belonging to Iggy Pop (even though he didn't come up with the phrase), akin to making a completely new movie and calling it 'Gone with the Wind'. I don't look forward to finding out what those same folk say when they find out she has an original called 'Heroin'. As someone who's considered the Velvet Underground song to be in my top ten songs of all time for the past 25 years, I'm hoping she lives up to the name.

- I'm a 1%'er - I liked Coachella from the first time I heard it - and I'm really interested to hear how it fits into the record. On the other hand, Love and the title track didn't grab me as much as I'd expected, so I hope they get more interesting among the other songs.

- I really hope I don't need to drive to more than one store to find somewhere to buy it tomorrow.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

When it's 12:00 AM July 21 in New York will the album be released nationwide on Spotify? Or in each respective time zone?

I think that each country will have own premiere at midnight. 

giphy.gif

Considering how much shit has gotten stolen from her at this point, she probably considers it the same as YouTube.

Oo snap :thumb3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

People on Facebook & Twitter are posting that Lana has given her fanbase a new name - 'little fuckers' & she being our mom would be our 'mother fucker'. like, wtf? (It's also like the top comment on Lana's latest FB post so I hope she reads it lol)

yUFEvKq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Why is this thread dying? I thought it would be buzzing since it's one day before release...

The album came out yesterday sweetie  :flop: