Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

"Baby's all dressed up with nowhere to go

That's the little story of the girl you know"

Carmen

"You get ready, you get all dressed up

To go nowhere in particular"

Love

i love her

The awesome thing about the lyrics is the fact that the contexts are entirely different. In Carmen the line is bleak. It just kind of feels like she's dressed up to go out to drink but has no one around to drink with her.

In love it's more like "we're dressed up, we're feeling good, we're not going anywhere special, just to a coffee shop or off to work. It's kind of like a "life goes on" moment.

Life goes on and the bad times will pass kids.

I was driving around listening to Love and thinking about the trailer and how she's taking on the mom role to help us through these awful times and I got so emotional. Like when will your fave?

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

That's true so instead maybe she can get Lou reed now since he flaked on her last time

so rude, she even did him the favor of putting his name on her song

what about the nina simone chick? lana sang two of her songs, why dont they just collab

I feel like the guy in the interview probably said it by accident and now we're having meltdowns about it lol

who is having a meltdown? not me

my next meltdown it's only going to happen when she actually releases something (new song/new video/cover/tracklist)

plus: what if she covers Nina's "I Put A Spell On You"

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u