Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like there is clearly more effort and money behind this project than UV and HM. Maybe for the first time since BTD, Interscope is satisfied with the music?

I had the same thoughts. Maybe they view it as more radio friendly which could mean faster tempos and more heavy production like btd

LIZARD PEOPLE

I feel like there is clearly more effort and money behind this project than UV and HM. Maybe for the first time since BTD, Interscope is satisfied with the music?

I agree. Maybe because Love had a bit more of the sound that they gave her the contract for. Cuz it had a bit of BTD kind of feel.

This is probably a Stretch-Armstrong-style reach, but her talking into the phone definitely feels like a hint of sorts, maybe she'll have another Hotline set up like she did with Honeymoon?

She can keep it

Anyway, I'm really sure we're getting a Sean lennon collab and an abel collab - flower child song/sexual r&b influenced song, how diverse will this album be :flutter:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I agree. Maybe because Love had a bit more of the sound that they gave her the contract for. Cuz it had a bit of BTD kind of feel.

yeah, and it does. on the other hand, the message of the song is way more universal than anything on btd. maybe this was the change they were hoping for

and with the oither album teasers we have gotten, it felt like we were just getting a continuition of her previous work while this feels more like a new chapter sorta.

So, guys, since Lana posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRgoxRApWE/?taken-by=lanadelrey

they are in the studio... do you think some music is still in the works or an old photo?

Maybe its that 'side project' with Miles Kane which HAS ME INTRIGUED 

Edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT LOOK AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN IN THE PHOTO...

They could be working on a video... there's an eclipse on the screen and possibly a faded image of Lana????

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

This is probably a Stretch-Armstrong-style reach, but her talking into the phone definitely feels like a hint of sorts, maybe she'll have another Hotline set up like she did with Honeymoon?

U know when dat hotline bling

So, guys, since Lana posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRgoxRApWE/?taken-by=lanadelrey

they are in the studio... do you think some music is still in the works or an old photo?

Maybe its that 'side project' with Miles Kane which HAS ME INTRIGUED 

Edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT LOOK AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN IN THE PHOTO...

They could be working on a video... there's an eclipse on the screen and possibly a faded image of Lana????

it looks as if it's the wallpaper tbh.

i think it's an old photo just because she went out there and posted three random things at once tbh. if it's new it could be mixing though.

i76mrxw.png 

it looks as if it's the wallpaper tbh.

i think it's an old photo just because she went out there and posted three random things at once tbh. if it's new it could be mixing though.

I think she posted 3 because she wanted the three lust for life images to be in a row not broken up, so it's probably that there was one she really wanted posted and the others were filler

Why didn't Love get pushed further though if they're giving her a bigger budget etc.

well, the initial plan was to send it to four radio formats in the us, but i think the leak ruined pretty much everything.

if they weren't interested, the video would have been way cheaper than it ended up being.

I'm interested to see the tracklist (for obvious reasons) but particularly to see what the "collabs" mean. It's being thrown around so much that I'm sure it means more than just features. I expect ~unexpected songwriting credits, as well.

What was the time frame like for other album releases - in terms of lead single ---> to announcement ---> to cover and tracklist ---> promo single, etc.?

I'm eager to have an idea of when we'll hear more.