Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Since she is taking her time about things, it would be cool if she announced the tracklist in a more interesting way than it showing up on Amazon first or having registered titles

Since she is taking her time about things, it would be cool if she announced the tracklist in a more interesting way than it showing up on Amazon first or having registered titles

the way she "takes her time" she ought to keep the tracklist a complete suprise and when the preorder goes up have the tracks "track 1, track 2"

the release date will not be announced in a magazine made months before. this has never happend. give up

Actually, this happens a lot and has happened in Dazed before. Following the structure of a interview with an artist and then at the end it says '____ is out on _/__/__ on *record label*', it isn't uncommon and I'm sure that's what's going to happen. To many artists it isn't that big of a deal at all for the release date to be announced once the title, cover etc is out, it's just Lana's dragging it out ass being annoying and I'm pretty sure it'll be at the end of the feature

Edit: the interview was done start of the year/end of last year but some of the content in the issue is as fresh as early last month. It's not like because the interview was done a few months ago the article won't be updated with the info as it became finalised eg dates

giphy.gif

Oh also, just realised that Courtney tweet where she said about Lust For Life being dark, and she hashtagged MNM and said only Lana knows what it meant... that obviously was about the interview and not a collab but we didn't find out what MNM stood for/meant? So I guess we'll find that out when the print issue comes out? So looks like we will get at least one more song title from this Dazed interview at least...

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I'm the same lmao. I got an email notification cause I got into medical school and I was still like ok thats cool n all but where's the Lust for Life tracklist?????

god we're all in the same boat :icant: I need to ace my exams to confirm my place at med school but I'm more perched about the good sis' new material :air:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I'm fuming at the Abel and Sean collabs, you Deutsch fag. She's not even working w Max so SUFFER.

she asked him for advice. Finally starting to see the light your devilass fave saw years ago. Without him, 1939 wouldn't have sold this much. 

26xBQ3hH2hLnuEVtm.gif

and keep it cute greekboy, otherwise I'll have the woman y'all fear the most on the phone v soon

So after reading the interview (glad they didn't post the whole thing) It seems like the sound will have some sci-fi esque sounds.. plus she did mention a lot of 'Shangri-La' influences.. But what exactly does that mean? What does that consist of??

The only 'Shangri La' I know is Jake Bugg's album... but it does not make any sense.

Jake_Bugg_Shangri_La.jpg

So after reading the interview (glad they didn't post the whole thing) It seems like the sound will have some sci-fi esque sounds.. plus she did mention a lot of 'Shangri-La' influences.. But what exactly does that mean? What does that consist of??

Maybe something like Psycodelic Rock...Like Pink Floyd ? They use so many sound effects

Shangri-La is a old girl band from us boys

Lust For Dead   large.gif

she might release something on wednesday, remember she released the album trailer on a wednesday so...

:brows:

some of ya'll are getting into good colleges and going off to med school and im sat here, a college dropout eating ice cream at 1am

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Rick Rubin has Shangri-La studios in Malibu. She's worked with him before. Maybe that's what she meant? Influences from there?

Rick Rubin has Shangri-La studios in Malibu. She's worked with him before. Maybe that's what she meant? Influences from there?

No I think she was definitely referring to the group The Shangri-Las, she's mentioned them a few times before this as well, she seems to really like them (they are pretty great and I can definitely see why Lana would like them)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

So many smart people on this forum gahh.... goes to show that being a pop stan says nothing of your age or intellect. 

I'm a analytical chemistry researcher and student at a top research school. Not like, best in my field or anything, but good I guess  :) and I blast Lana in the lab every moment I can

No I think she was definitely referring to the group The Shangri-Las, she's mentioned them a few times before this as well, she seems to really like them (they are pretty great and I can definitely see why Lana would like them)

And their music reminds me the hints that lana gives about the album...  :hooker:

Lust For Dead   large.gif