Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

tbh i don't think lana was trying to be the queen of political correctness during that era. that wasn't really the point of the video.

(not defending her, because i don't think she should have done it but at the same time it's just a music video)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

what happens if someone on the reservation she worked on gave it to her as a gift? Has that occurred to anyone? 

Get over yourselves  :lmao:

Numerous Native Americans pointed out that absolutely no one from a reservation would ever give a white girl a headdress as a gift... So, no.

A head dress? Really? That's a reach.

It's offensive. Get over it. Not only is it offensive to the men that earned and died for them but it's war valor, and since 2013 it's illegal to use war valor on such a manor.

Would you guys be fucked off if she wore a pair of Elizabeth Crosses or Purple Hearts as earrings? Hell yeah, because it's war valor, not a stylish accessory. People die. It's not fashion. After working on reservations she should have known better, that's a fact.

/not trying to attack anyone just mentioning it is actually a pretty major thing we can't sweep under the rug.

I dont care what she wears honestly and why do i need to get over it? people decided to tunr this into a "cultural appropriation" thread. Go talk shit in the Miley Cyrus thread lmao.

Numerous Native Americans pointed out that absolutely no one from a reservation would ever give a white girl a headdress as a gift... So, no.

Are we still having this conversation? This is a good cackle.  :thumb3:

Omg shit can be offensive, but that doesn't mean people can't do what they want. Don't be a pussy. Get over it Ride was like 5 years ago almost, and that shot in the video was iconic

I dont care what she wears honestly and why do i need to get over it? people decided to tunr this into a "cultural appropriation" thread. Go talk shit in the Miley Cyrus thread lmao.

Are we still having this conversation? This is a good cackle. :thumb3:

It was cultural appropriation. Get over it because you seem to head strong to understand that something's push a boundary and she CAN over step them. It's not just something reserved for tacky celebrity's you don't like.

Fact: Americans don't have the right to attempt to purge an entire group of indigenous people and then steal their war valor. End of discussion.

Omg shit can be offensive, but that doesn't mean people can't do what they want. Don't be a pussy. Get over it Ride was like 5 years ago almost, and that shot in the video was iconic

'Tis sis so ridiculous no one is triggered ??

people said it was insensitive/offensive. No one is being a pussy about it??

She can still do whatever she wants he wants and if people wanna criticize her for it they can.  The ride thing was super long ago no one is even still upset. Personally I just answered the question of someone.. why is everyone acting like someone just went on a call out culture "you can't have this Bc you're whit " rampage lol. CHILL

It was cultural appropriation. Get over it because you seem to head strong to understand that something's push a boundary and she CAN over step them. It's not just something reserved for tacky celebrity's you don't like.

Fact: Americans don't have the right to attempt to purge an entire group of indigenous people and then steal their war valor. End of discussion.

Okay nvm about my last post she went in lol ^

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

She can still do whatever she wants he wants and if people wanna criticize her for it they can. The ride thing was super long ago no one is even still upset. Personally I just answered the question of someone.. why is everyone acting like someone just went on a call out culture "you can't have this Bc you're whit " rampage lol. CHILL

No I know lol, I was just saying

Okay. It was offensive. It was wrong. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean it that way (cultural appropriation was more acceptable back then, lana is only kind of recently woke). Regardless, I think we should all just admit that it was wrong and move on. 

Yeah it was offensive and not right, you can't deny it but really this isn't the place to discuss it.

Well technically it was offensive to commit suicide in SS, and all her drug references. Anyways

She can still do whatever she wants he wants and if people wanna criticize her for it they can. The ride thing was super long ago no one is even still upset. Personally I just answered the question of someone.. why is everyone acting like someone just went on a call out culture "you can't have this Bc you're whit " rampage lol. CHILL

True true, it's almost like it's illegal or something...oh wait.

The issue we should be discussing rn is the June issue of elle uk :oprah:

No theres no problem with the Elle mag. The question is- Where the fuck is paris match

I don't think some people can handle differing opinions. I don't think I ever said it was right what she did. Never, have I supported an act of racism at any point. I actually have gotten myself in trouble for my views on things. So don't @ me telling me what right and wrong. I can't even come on here without being quoted about something. Hop off my clit pls.

THE FUCKING HEADDRESS WAS AN ERROR IN HER PART DOESN'T MEAN ITS RIGHT.