Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm not sure how music retail works, but don't stores have to spend money on stock? So if they payed for copies of LFL to arrive but then the album gets pushed back, does that result in the cancellation fees? Basically my point is that a surprise release wouldn't be a very smart move.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So i just called Fnac in Portugal and i asked if they were going to have lust for life in the shells in the 26 may AND THEY SAID YES IM SO CONFUSED DAH_dzFXUAAKmmQ.jpg

Lol, I talked with Fnac España and they said to me that they don't know anything.

Even though Lana's words are just a much of a source as us tbh, she said Spring so let's go with May 26th. If it ends up being Summer- then we hold it against her and riot lmao

can you please translate all of this?

The new lana album comes out 26 may i would like to know if u already have it on the shells at that time 

Fnac: i can almost confirm that yes ty 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

The new lana album comes out 26 may i would like to know if u already have it on the shells at that time 

Fnac: i can almost confirm that yes ty 

maybe it means when it will be out you will find it in our stores.. so its not about the date itself

:smile3:

Guys, I think that 21st July is a fake date her team gave to some sites because of the leaks. In case that she releases the new album that date... It will probably leak. Consider that she has a lot of concerts in July, and the Big Weekend on BBC Radio 1... All points to 26th May. 21st July could be the release of the vinyl or the boxset... Idk.

I called my local target and they thought I was asking if LFL was currently in stock. They then told me the album comes out May 26th. I then asked if they will have it in stock May 26th, and the employee said yes.

But like everyone is saying, maybe they are assuming it'll be in stock because it usually would be.

So I asked a big german music retailer if they will have the album in stock on Friday next week and they replied "We suppose so"  so basically they don't know shit  :facepalm:  :toofunny:

Guess we'll just have to wait & see because it seems like no one knows for sure except lana and her team, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't either lol  :dmd:

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

A "surprise" release would be great for steaming numbers right? A lot of new random people will give it a chance because everyone would be talking about it.

A "surprise" release would be great for steaming numbers right? A lot of new random people will give it a chance because everyone would be talking about it.

if she would drop it on May 26th it wouldn't be surprise everyone knows about it

:smile3:

I think that would depend how they go about it. If they do the right promo after, maybe hint towards a surprise release, etc then yeah it could work. But since Lana hasn't really been doing much to show the whole world she's working on her next album, I think only her fans would really pay attention. For example, when Beyoncé's in the studio, her fans the whole world knows because she drops little hints to suggest she is, then everyone talks about it, then she drops it. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach