Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I hope that July date was just to try to throw us off

Yeah same, as desperate as we sound. I just don't see why the album would be pushed back when it seems to be completely finished, especially if she's rehearsing a new song, holding auditions for dancers, and has talked about a lot of the songs in depth of how they sound.

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

Someone on Insta mentioned that if the album were to be released in July, that's means the album comes out 6 months after the first single (Love) even though it was released early but still...that many months is ridiculous.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Cherry is giving me HM vibes, i think it's cus of it's slow pace and vocals. I love it omgggg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wouldn't mind the July release if she would release singles/promo singles on a regular basis instead of just releasing a song every couple months. If the July release is official, then I hope she'll release about three more songs before the album. Lust for Life video this Friday (May 19th) and Preorder on May 26th with promo single. Then maybe one single like the second week in June, one promo the first week of July. Maybe another video. And then I'll be somewhat happy. 

couldn't agree more 

yFSfc8m.jpg

Someone on Insta mentioned that if the album were to be released in July, that's means the album comes out 6 months after the first single (Love) even though it was released early but still...that many months is ridiculous.

Well Bicicleta by shakira came out in May and Chantaje came out in October and both are due on her album coming out in May so like a year almost before the release. Chained to the Rhythm came out early February for an album due in June. Anti was released three years after Rihanna's previous album. Nicki Minaj has been releasing songs we can presume is on an album she hasn't even announced and don't know the date of and is a follow up to an album from 2014. Like Lana is the nicest artist in terms of making fans wait tbh

The odd thing is, though, the lyricism and sound to this song sounds like her old music. So I don't think her being happy necessarily makes all of her music sunshine and daisies (two of my favorite things, but nevermind that). I think it just aides her creativity to be motivated. 

And I KNOW that people say that depression creates great art all the fucking time, but as someone who has been dealing with clinical depression, it doesn't help if you have absolutely no motivation to make it. So I'm glad she's happy, and I'm glad to hear some of the most inspired, sexy, dark music of her career coming out of this era. 

cherry is like happy song but it's so dark and sad for me

i bet lust for life will be her darkest album

if cherry is dark for lana how the fuck that "" war aand dacing'' thing will sound then i'm not ready 

july tho  :toofunny:

I think Lana's concept for this album is her greatest hits sonically as in there is something for everyone. In that sense this album is truly for her fans. She's taking different soundscapes from all her era's so far be it BTD, UV, HM (I'm hoping there will be AKA as well) and creating even more gorgeous masterpieces that are gonna be a game changer in this music industry cause this album is gonna be so multi genre'd that critics will be left speechless and unable to point out flaws in her album. Even her freebie track "Coachella" which confused us all at first and messed with our heads, has converted us from hating it to being addicted to it. We are all spellbound witnessing the greatest artist in this decade. When people say Lana's music is a drug it's really the truth and not an exaggeration. Her voice can do things, make us feel like we're on an another planet. In other words it's fucking magical and we are not worthy of being blessed by Our Lady Lana who keeps giving us life in this miserable world.

we all should snash someone thats going to the show and donate him money to buy an HD camera and record us the new song in HQ  :defeated:  :defeated:  i'm serious  :defeated:

Florence + The Machine performed there two years ago and it was recorded professionally, let's hope we get Lana in HQ...

I think Lana's concept for this album is her greatest hits sonically as in there is something for everyone. In that sense this album is truly for her fans. She's taking different soundscapes from all her era's so far be it BTD, UV, HM (I'm hoping there will be AKA as well) and creating even more gorgeous masterpieces that are gonna be a game changer in this music industry cause this album is gonna be so multi genre'd that critics will be left speechless and unable to point out flaws in her album. Even her freebie track "Coachella" which confused us all at first and messed with our heads, has converted us from hating it to being addicted to it. We are all spellbound witnessing the greatest artist in this decade. When people say Lana's music is a drug it's really the truth and not an exaggeration. Her voice can do things, make us feel like we're on an another planet. In other words it's fucking magical and we are not worthy of being blessed by Our Lady Lana who keeps giving us life in this miserable world.

Bye this just made me consider if tracks like Your Girl aren't really outtakes and this is another case similar to the untouchable 5 or whatever it was called where tracks were meant for this album

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: