Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Chuck is without a doubt the one and the only photographer who gets 100% both Elizabeth Grant and Lana Del Rey.

No one does it better.

No one else is even needed.

The photo on the bus is one of the greatest album covers of all time, but of course, one has to "get it" to get it.

And the photo, especially the first in the series of sail boat, scaled with Lana on the railing from High By the Beach should have won every single photographer award there was.

Can't wait for Chuck's photo book, hope she does a nationwide book tour.

tumblr_orlgw2C2JM1vm9106o1_400.giftumblr_orlgw2C2JM1vm9106o1_400.giftumblr_orlgw2C2JM1vm9106o1_400.gif

well shit if they're really changing the cover that just doomed me listening to the record on my phone, since Android's music player has a real big shit way of not updating covers even if you change them on your computer... fml

lol nevermind i finally found a way to fix it that's actually working, i'm good y'all

Guys. It looks like we have 2 albums in one!

There is the classic Lana: cherry, best American record but also the new Lana who's talking about politics: love, god bless America... I saw it recently here. There is so much going on.

Guys. It looks like we have 2 albums in one!

There is the classic Lana: cherry, best American record but also the new Lana who's talking about politics: love, god bless America... I saw it recently here. There is so much going on.

I'm pretty sure they're not referring to the cover being changed, but to Lana delaying the album to record more songs.

They clearly said that the cover is what is being changed. I could post some receipts but it was a private coversation between empik.com and a fellow polish fan from the FB group. :(

EDIT: plus its in polish so yeah :um3:

Nvm. These frustrations need to be vent out.

What even is Lust for Life

Lust for Life's evolution so far (?):

• Early concept

- "50s/60s Shangri-Las, early Joan Baez influences"

- Basically Honeymoon Pt. 2

Ex: Love Demo

• Originally finished album planned for release on May 26

- Updated sound/production

Ex: Love (Final Version), Lust for Life, Cherry

*Don't think Daisy Chains was featured on the original tracklist. Got the impression the album was more centered on big, cinematic ballad-like songs.

"The songs on the record possess an incredible richness in production"

"I tell her the song feels grandiose in production, anthemic in verse"

- From Flaunt Interview

• New version with added tracks and changed artwork (?) to reflect diversified sound with tracks like Daisy Chains

Idk my only concern is that the new songs will interfere with the seriousness she was going for with this record. Daisy Chains sounds more fun than meaningful and I'm not saying all the tracks need to be holy scriptures about life and the secret to happiness but "wrap you up in my daisy chains" on the same album with songs like GBA and Yosemite?

Also not to drag Cherry but when I think of it within the context of the album I feel like it's a filler track. I love the lyrics but I feel like they are quite bland thematically. Like they don't show a new side of Lana or her thoughts. "I fall to pieces" falls short when you compare it to other tracks with the same theme. Like it tells the same story without offering something different. One of the interviews said Yosemite was "a beautiful love song about how relationships change over time". That already sounds refreshing. Cherry sounds like the product of a Lana song generator. Also let me take this time to drag White Mustang too. Not only is it sonically bland but like Cherry, it makes the theme of the record even more confusing and less meaningful. Sirens has better lyrics tbh. "The day I saw your white mustang" vs. "God bless America and all the beautiful women in it". Like how do these songs even correlate with each other? RBFY is cute but nothing album worthy so it being cut gives me hope and Change immediately conjures up images of ruined towns and villages post-war which isn't necessarily bad but my emotions are confused. Think she should've stuck with BAR as the title.

Obviously I could be completely wrong and who knows, maybe the good sis will really serve the next best American record and scalp the critics while snatching that 90+ score on Metacritic. I really don't want to be so negative about this album but I can't when everything we've heard so far sounds like she's regressing as a songwriter. Like how you gonna accept White Mustang as a bop when Ultraviolence, Paradise, and Born to Die exist. Like literally, who is she? I just want Lust for Life to be a pillar on its own and not just a Lana Del Rey album. :poordat:

Regardless, I have/had so much hope for this album that I cannot not like it. I'm so stressed :defeated:

How can you criticise LANA for something that is 1. NOT TRUE and 2. So far removed from her.

It's annoying how something so minuscule and said so passingly can be turned into actual 'news' and blow up to be a big deal with people just using it as ammunition to attack the album campaign. WHEN IT'S A NON-FACTOR.

It's just so frustrating to see something that isn't official in the slightest be elevated so much and people citing it as a reason to say Lana isn't shit. Like it shouldn't exist.

Users with common sense know the cover is not changing.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

If it is from this shoot then we're all doomed. Didn't like how Lana was styled (hair and clothes)

Nobody cares that much to be "doomed" it ain't that srs sis it's an ALBUM COVER

UV tracklist reveal was on Thursday May 8 and UV came out Friday June 13.

HM tracklist reveal was Thursday Aug 20 with preorder the next day and HM came out Friday Sept 21.

LFL should be any day now.... possibly by next Thursday. Then again, who the fuck knows with this messy era.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30971-1333723027-6.gif

How can you criticise LANA for something that is 1. NOT TRUE and 2. So far removed from her.

It's annoying how something so minuscule and said so passingly can be turned into actual 'news' and blow up to be a big deal with people just using it as ammunition to attack the album campaign. WHEN IT'S A NON-FACTOR.

It's just so frustrating to see something that isn't official in the slightest be elevated so much and people citing it as a reason to say Lana isn't shit. Like it shouldn't exist.

Users with common sense know this fanbase is exceptionally delusional and cannot be helped.

Like when they believed that the album would be released on a date that Lana had not even mentioned and referred to as "surprise release" ... And they blamed her for "delaying" the album ...