Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I dont really understand the turtle dove line. Any context im missing

I feel like im missing the point of all these tracks. I have no idea what Heroine is about, or the GBA verses etc. I need Genius annotation

^

Add 13 Beaches and Change to the list

I dont see the connection between the verses and choruses in these songs

image.png

this is my ranking of the songs after my second listen, this will definitely change in the future.

1. Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)

2. Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti)

3. Cherry

4. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

5. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

6. In My Feelings

7. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

8. Love

9. Change

10. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

11. Heroin

12. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

13. God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

14. Get Free

15. 13 Beaches

16. White Mustang

this was really hard to do since every single song is so amazing

Flip it around and it's my list lmfao

:illumilana2: :dmd: :justride:  

13 beaches makes me think of lana literally leaving earth to get away from people 

straight up going planet to planet to find somewhere private 

before 13 beaches though I made a bunch of bad edits based on old pulp scifi novel covers and this one was saved as interstellarparanoia (although it's not very good. I might clean it up idk)

Zimohhz.jpg

Since it's kinda safe to talk about the songs...I'm gonna weigh in.

Get Free - I got literal goosebumps, like holy crap. It sounds so 60s and it's the sound I wanted Lana to really delve deep into. It's fun, it's sweet, it's incredible. My #1 fave without a doubt. Also the backing vocals are heavenly and I love the part where Lana (or her backing singers) sing the "out of the black, into the bluuuuuuue" like, wow. I almost cried tbh.

13 Beaches - When I first played the song, I was confused by the orchestral part cause I didn't think it fit into the snippet I heard but I loved it in the end. It's quite melancholic, but it's really nice and calming. The beat is strong also.

In My Feelings - Sounds badass. I wasn't expecting too much from the song and it's just how I imagined tbh. But I love it still. Very powerful, you can kinda hear the feisty side of Lana which is refreshing.

God Bless America - The little Spanish guitar part in the beginning is so pretty and I was pleased Lana put that part in the song. This song is my 3rd fave. The chorus is very patriotic and beautiful. I love the gunshot sound before she sings "and all the beautiful women in it" which gives the song a nice little touch. Also the lines "May you stand proud and strong like Lady Liberty..." makes me teary eyed, it's so beautiful.

When The World Was At War - I love the acoustic guitar throughout, it's gives the song a more pristine, raw feel. For some reason this particular song reminds me of late 90s/early 00s singer-songwriter pop songs like Alanis Morisette or Amy Studt's music. I love the very high parts Lana sings, she sounds angelic af.

Beautiful People - Tbh I was pretty underwhelmed by this song at first listen. I feel as if Stevie was trying to sing differently to how she usually does in her solo work, it sounded a little unnatural. The verses are beautiful, I have no problem with those. The song itself is actually pretty short. You can tell Lana's vocals has some kind of filter whereas Stevie's voice has more clarity, so you have this awkward imbalance.. but I can see myself liking this song a lot more over time.

Tomorrow Never Came - GIRL. Don't get me started. I actually got goosebumps and I shed a tear when I first heard this masterpiece. The guitars are beautiful, Lana's voice sounds sullen and vintage, then Sean's part was just as wonderful, adding to the vintage vibe. The rest of the lyrics are very melancholic, while a glimmer of hope still manages to shine through somehow. 2nd fave song. 10/10.

Heroin - The piano is gorgeous, Lana's voice sounds very focused, very content. You can hear the pain in her voice though, but it's a refreshing song. The lyrics are amazing, I can see Lizzy Grant in my mind, not too sure why. At first, this was my least fave song, I felt as if it didn't have much substance however I've changed my mind. It gets better the more you listen to it.

Change - A beautiful piece. It's just how I imagined it would be. The lyrics are kinda eerie in a way, but overall it's a nice song. The high notes at the end make the song even better.

Cherry - We've all heard this song, however we didn't hear the cringy "FUCK" and "BITCH" in the verses. To me it seems like Lana was trying to be too EDGYYY. The song def could have done without those words. But other than that, this is a good stripper song. Very sexy, calming, and cool.

White Mustang - Love this one. It sounds like a good song to drive too along a country road. I also love the little whistling part in the end, it's a nice touch.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

dayum I LOVED this record 

my list : 

1. 13 Beaches

2. Get Free

3. Summer Bummer

4. Heroin

5. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

6. God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It 

7. Tomorrow Never Came

8. Groupie Love

9. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems