Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

"She says her main criteria is whether or not a song sounds like it will transport listeners to somewhere else in their minds."

So true. Even if some songs like Coachella or LFL are different lyrically, they all reach this criteria unfailingly. 

From the highlighted, I agree with the first part, that it will weaken, but if you're into Roman history and have ever read The Rise Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Edward Gibbon, old as shit, long as shit, but fun to discuss and debate :D) or have divulged into how the empire split into two, you'd see that the "collapse" of the Roman empire was more of a dissolution than anything. It wasn't a big, violent implosion. Like the saying goes, "It went out with not a bang, but a whimper." The power was gone. Other areas of Europe, Asia, and Africa were becoming stronger, richer, and their religions were in direct competition with the beliefs of the Roman empire, and they held much more power. 

BRICS was an optimistic thought that didn't turn out as planned, for sure. I think a multi-power structure is inevitable, and if that turns sour, as it has all throughout history through economic competition, ideological disagreements, etc, the loss of stability would be far-reaching. 

To finish the line... it's only the beginning. Maybe not in our lifetime, but we (the world) are likely to see some massive shifts in paradigm, and they will be rattling, but collapse I can't see happening too suddenly. There's too much investment around the world in the US right now for other smaller yet still mighty powers to accept it. But there will be weakening. An immediate example that comes to mind is Russia. Russia has obviously weakened since the Cold War and the fall of the Soviet Union, but Russia is still alive in well, just poorer and less powerful. We'll probably see something similar. 

brb going to go read the Foundation series because I miss this kind of introspection lololol

The Roman empire approach is quite interesting to be honest, let me look into that (not a pro)! Moreover, I think that the outcome would vary according to the cultural differences between the old and the new hegemon, a bit like Huntington said in Clash of Civilizations... The rise of the sinic civilization against the occidental civilization would have, in my opinion, similar impacts as the clash between the orthodox and occidental civilizations during the Cold War.

And about that, the shift in the 90s from a bipolarity to an unipolarity with a lowkey multipolarity has had its fair share of damage... Neither Russia nor any successor state of the USSR is doing good; they have all failed to modernize themselves economically, politically and culturally, and are crippled with corruption, poverty, political instability and gas dependancy.

Maybe I'm also too much a believer in brutal changes/collapses, as any good marxist. :hooker: 

:)

:illumilana2: :dmd: :justride:  

man the album is flawless. I can't believe she did THAT. I'm still not feeling the last ones like Change, Get Free and Heroin. My favorite track are DEFINITELY When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, 13 Beaches, In My Feelings, God Bless America, White Mustang and Cherry. This part of the album is SO sexy and awesome, and her vocals WTF!

hoping this trap mess is just a phase that she's gonna get over before the next record   :oprah3:  :oprah3:  :oprah3:

The only trap-infused songs on this record are Coachella, Summer Bummer, and Groupie Love...and the last two are great.

The rest are trip hop and she's been using those beats since before BTD.

its weird how some people here are like "i dont like the trap beats in lfl" knowing lana has always been inspired by hip hop, and has been using hip hop beats in her music since btd. seems like the only difference is you dont like the rappers she featured with, not the actual beats

pNjWdpc.png

its weird how some people here are like "i dont like the trap beats in lfl" knowing lana has always been inspired by hip hop, and has been using hip hop beats in her music since btd. seems like the only difference is you dont like the rappers she featured with, not the actual beats

People believe that she's being superficial or something using hiphop beats because of Ultraviolence (and even Ultraviolence kinda has it... Money Power Glory\FMWUTTT even tho they're slow).

I'm listening and the album sound so awesome. It's the perfect hybrid of everything tbh

Her vocals sound really Ultra for me, with more produced tracks... but still kinda raw

love it

i thought the white mustang was g-eazy's dick does it get its own part

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT.... :toofunny:

Omg now every time I hear "the day I saw your white mustang" I'm gonna have the image of Lana seeing G-Eazy's dick for the first time :crai:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Ok so I'm basically caught up since page 1766 (it took me 2 days to get here) and I can't even believe this the thread EXPLODED for the few days I wasn't here.

Btw I only listened to the 13 beaches snippet and I cried.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Can someone edit a "clean" version of Cherry so I don't have to cringe every time I listen

Why would anyone want to take out the iconic sassy lines?

---

Is she saying "tougher than" or "doper than this bitch" in In My Feelings?