Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

They're clearly different types of guitar. Honeymoon guitars are lighter in sound and stature. UV guitars are deeper and brassy. Cherry has a deep guitar. Is that okay with you or like...?

The thing is we don't know what Cherry sounds like. The live performance isn't the best indicator; we know how her band puts their own embellishments on the tracks. What we can discern from the studio snippet she posted on Instagram is that the guitar is not a focal point of the song. The beat is. 

UV is raw, often times muffled, and clearly inspired by psychedelic rock genres. Plus the live-band recording gives it a very distinct sound. None of this is present in Cherry.

oh no, you fuckin inbred, they don't. just look at how many likes my posts get, especially the few days ago when i mopped the floor with your flawed opinion.

even if, i am still here and you all will have to deal with my superior opinion until i decide otherwise.

anyways, let us move on with the programm

Just because you get a lot of likes doesn't mean people like you. I sometimes like your posts but i despise you as a person. :)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

God Knows I Tried and Religion are also Ultraviolence tracks then, because of how guitar-centric they are. What a dumb ass fraud. Once again.

tumblr_inline_odxmxnNXJx1rjb5nz_500.gif

Anyway, Cherry obviously isn't as guitar-centric as the live version makes it seem. Don't be fooled by Blake's live guitar. It's more synthy like Honeymoon.

this just in: there are different types of guitars, each with a different pitch and sound creating different tones of songs. Live versions aren't always the same and provide different feelings (i.e. OttR), based on the snippet from IG to me and some others it sounds very UV, there's no reason to get pressed or even slightly defensive towards opinions :/

The thing is we don't know what Cherry sounds like. The live performance isn't the best indicator; we know how her band puts their own embellishments on the tracks. What we can discern from the studio snippet she posted on Instagram is that the guitar is not a focal point of the song. The beat is. 

UV is raw, often times muffled, and clearly inspired by psychedelic rock genres. Plus the live-band recording gives it a very distinct sound. None of this is present in Cherry.

I will agree we can't really debate how it's gonna sound when it's unreleased, but up until the drum comes in it's guitar heavy that we know of. At least for the verses as there's nothing else present bar the backing shouts. I'd say this is less psychedelic perhaps (but I'm not a huge fan of the genre so i could be told otherwise). But it definitely has the same desert rock riffs that UV used.

this just in: there are different types of guitars, each with a different pitch and sound creating different tones of songs. Live versions aren't always the same and provide different feelings (i.e. OttR), based on the snippet from IG to me and some others it sounds very UV, there's no reason to get pressed or even slightly offensive towards opinions :/

Vocally I can agree that it sounds like Ultraviolence. She must've dug out her low quality  $10 microphone from the attic again.

But instrumentally, it's not comparable to Ultraviolence. It's next-gen Honeymoon.

BP5gPiO.gif

And who are you, you fucking peasant to tell me that I am wrong?

Oh no, you fucking inbred, they don't. Just look at how many likes my posts get, especially the few days ago when I mopped the floor with your flawed opinion. Even if, I am still here and you all will have to deal with my superior opinion until I decide otherwise. Anyways, let us move on with the program.

Girl, you need to go to a shrink because you need mental help right fucking now. That attitude is so toxic, it will kill you one day.

giphy.gif

Just because you get a lot of likes doesn't mean people like you. I sometimes like your posts but i despise you as a person. :)

Same, I often agree with the things leaked says but the presentation is usually.. not so good :eek:

LIZARD PEOPLE

I figured you do rather often as of lately which I found strange since you promised us all to kill yourself and bookmark you if LFL would not come out last week while having endless meltodwns.

Just out of curiosity: what stopped you?

The trap beats are already an indicator for the non- UV-like sound the studio version will have

The beat is produced with both live and machine drums so we can't really comment. And it's not really trap. It's kind of like a lighter version of the Art Deco beat and that was already light to begin with.

:kiss3: :gclap:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I figured you do rather often as of lately which I found strange since you promised us all to kill yourself and bookmark you if LFL would not come out last week.

Suicide drags are a bit low :horror:

Guess the UV comparisons aren't that bad after all. It shows how versatile and ingenious Rick Nowels is as a visionary producer and songwriter. Coming for Auerbach's CRUSTY wig. 

"Grandpa" Nowels sure did that

DNrJ24x.gif

I figured you do rather often as of lately which I found strange since you promised us all to kill yourself and bookmark you if LFL would not come out last week while having endless meltodwns.

How many warning points do you have?

LIZARD PEOPLE

Oh, I didn't want him to commit. I just asked a question and if he was serious. I am just worried for his mental state since I don't want Lana to lose her coins

TBH I think you're only backtracking because the suicide joke didn't go as planned. Just a light read :smokes: