Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

think about it

the fame = born to die ( highly acclaimed debut album with massive sales)

the fame monster = paradise ep (short follow up, everyone loves it)

born this way = ultraviolence ( a masterpiece ahead of its time, appreciation comes in hindsight)

okay and now this wont make any sense anymore cos honeymoon /=/ artpop lol

but yea

Born To Die was mostly ripped apart by critics? Lol. And Honeymoon had even less promo than this era, LFL has just been more spread out because of the messy initial leak of Love.

I think comparing a very radio friendly mainstream pop superstar like Gaga to Lana will just create completely unfair parallels.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Born To Die was mostly ripped apart by critics? Lol. And Honeymoon had even less promo than this era, LFL has just been more spread out because of the messy initial leak of Love.

I think comparing a very radio friendly mainstream pop superstar like Gaga to Lana will just create completely unfair parallels.

Well not by the fans lol

I'm just thinking, nothing serious.

Lean into the fucking youth , still trying to figure out this line

I fucking love this line with the way she sings it, so much better than corny coachella

Omg me three ! I love how we all share the same excitement ♡

Yay!!!! :party:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

SAME, somebody save us! What's it supposed to mean?

Maybe she's leaning into our lives ? Like trying to say she's "leaning into the fucking youth" by releasing music that's supposed to be attractive to us because she did say this album WAS for the fans and her fan base consist lots of youth.

giphy.gif

Maybe she's leaning into our lives ? Like trying to say she's "leaning into the fucking youth" by releasing music that's supposed to be attractive to us because she did say this album WAS for the fans and her fan base consist lots of youth.

Like her shaping pop culture/youth or her being more connected to the youth than other people (as she knows what her fans want and feel) or her staying youthful because she's so connected? CONFUSED AF

Lean into the fucking youth , still trying to figure out this line

I interpreted this line as her saying "recall back to the days when you were young and wild and open-minded. Lean into those days when you could dream anything possible and had a wild imagination". It's a political line, I'd say. Many political issues of today arise from ignorance and people being set in their ways and saying "well what difference could I make?". In your youth, you think you're important and know you can make any difference you want to. So "lean into the fucking youth" probably means "go back to the mindset and hopefulness of your younger years when you were free, a dreamer, and never thought something was impossible and stop being cynical in thinking you can't make a difference in this fucked up world. It's kind of interesting that this song recalls back to Cruel World sonically, it gives meaning to the obscure title that wasn't mentioned once in that song.

Maybe uninterested info since we heard the snippets

13 Beaches

Zac Rae, Synthesizer - Patrick Warren, Percussion, Synthesizer, Harmonium - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Jordan Stilwell, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Piano, Strings, Synthesizer - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Dan Heath, Strings - Keiron Menzies, Sequencer - Sony / ATV Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Mighty Mike, Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Additional Producer - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Cherry

Zac Rae, Strings - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Chris Garcia, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Producer - Kieron Menzies, Mixer, Engineer, Additional Producer, Strings - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Strings, Sound Effects - Tim Larcombe, Composer, Author, Producer, Drums, Electric Guitar, Mellotron - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sony / ATV Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - TaP Music Publishing Limited, MusicPublisher

White Mustang

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Chris Garcia, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Piano, Synthesizer, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Strings, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Keiron Menzies, Percussion - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

In My Feelings

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Keyboards, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Strings, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Keiron Menzies, Keyboards - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

Zac Rae, Piano, Synthesizer - Patrick Warren, Keyboards, Strings - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Dave Palmer, Synthesizer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Keyboards, Percussion, Sound Effects - Dean Reid, Orchestra, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Strings, Brass Band - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Additional Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Metro Boomin, Producer, Drums, Percussion, Bass Programming - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Zac Rae, Drums, Bass Guitar, Organ - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Aaron Sterling, Drums, Tambourine - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Keyboards, Percussion, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Composer, Author, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Percussion, Strings, Synthesizer, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Chris Rockwell, Asst. Recording Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Untitled4 (ASCAP), MusicPublisher

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

Stevie Nicks, Composer, Author, Vocals, FeaturedArtist - Sean Hurley, Bass Guitar - Patrick Warren, Strings, Synthesizer - Gary Ferguson, Drums - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Bass Programming, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Percussion - Justin Parker, Composer, Author - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Percussion - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Chris Rockwell, Asst. Recording Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Welsh Witch Music (BMI) administered by Songs of Kobalt Music Publishing (BMI), MusicPublisher

Tomorrow Never Came

Patrick Warren, Organ, Piano - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar, Organ, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Mixer, Engineer - Dean Reid, Engineer - Matthew Cullen, Mixer, Engineer - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sean Ono Lennon, Composer, Author, Producer, Bells, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harpsichord, Timpani, Vocals, Upright Bass, Harmonica, Maracas, Mellotron, Celesta, FeaturedArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Andris Balins, Engineer, Asst. Recording Engineer - Talentless Music / Sony ATV (BMI), MusicPublisher

Heroin

Patrick Warren, Bassoon, Flute, Synthesizer - Gary Ferguson, Drums - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Organ, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Engineer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Electric Guitar, Bass Programming, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Mighty Mike, Drums, Percussion, Additional Producer - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Change

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Keyboards - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Get Free

Zac Rae, Organ, Mellotron, Synthesizer Programming - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Aaron Sterling, Drums, Percussion - Chris Garcia, Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Bass Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer Programming - Kieron Menzies, Composer, Author, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Percussion, Synthesizer, Ambient Sounds - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Mighty Mike, Drums, Percussion - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Cosmic Lime (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

flower boy ins't gonna block lana from 1 , lana is still 1 on the pre-orders charts he is at 4 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

13 Beaches

- Dan Heath, Strings - 

so she's still working with Dan but why doesn't she let him produce some songs? Bel Air, Big Eyes, Old Money, Life Is Beautiful and the Y&B Orchestral Mix are all beautiful

image.png

13 Beaches

Zac Rae, Synthesizer - Patrick Warren, Percussion, Synthesizer, Harmonium - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Jordan Stilwell, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Piano, Strings, Synthesizer - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Dan Heath, Strings - Keiron Menzies, Sequencer - Sony / ATV Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Mighty Mike, Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Additional Producer - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Cherry

Zac Rae, Strings - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Chris Garcia, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Producer - Kieron Menzies, Mixer, Engineer, Additional Producer, Strings - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Strings, Sound Effects - Tim Larcombe, Composer, Author, Producer, Drums, Electric Guitar, Mellotron - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sony / ATV Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - TaP Music Publishing Limited, MusicPublisher

White Mustang

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Chris Garcia, Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Piano, Synthesizer, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Strings, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Keiron Menzies, Percussion - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

In My Feelings

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Keyboards, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Strings, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Keiron Menzies, Keyboards - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

Zac Rae, Piano, Synthesizer - Patrick Warren, Keyboards, Strings - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Dave Palmer, Synthesizer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Keyboards, Percussion, Sound Effects - Dean Reid, Orchestra, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Strings, Brass Band - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Additional Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Metro Boomin, Producer, Drums, Percussion, Bass Programming - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Zac Rae, Drums, Bass Guitar, Organ - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Aaron Sterling, Drums, Tambourine - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Keyboards, Percussion, Synthesizer - Dean Reid, Composer, Author, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Percussion, Strings, Synthesizer, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Chris Rockwell, Asst. Recording Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Untitled4 (ASCAP), MusicPublisher

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

Stevie Nicks, Composer, Author, Vocals, FeaturedArtist - Sean Hurley, Bass Guitar - Patrick Warren, Strings, Synthesizer - Gary Ferguson, Drums - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Bass Programming, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Percussion - Justin Parker, Composer, Author - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer, Percussion - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Chris Rockwell, Asst. Recording Engineer - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Welsh Witch Music (BMI) administered by Songs of Kobalt Music Publishing (BMI), MusicPublisher

Tomorrow Never Came

Patrick Warren, Organ, Piano - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Acoustic Guitar, Organ, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Mixer, Engineer - Dean Reid, Engineer - Matthew Cullen, Mixer, Engineer - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sean Ono Lennon, Composer, Author, Producer, Bells, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harpsichord, Timpani, Vocals, Upright Bass, Harmonica, Maracas, Mellotron, Celesta, FeaturedArtist - Trevor Yasuda, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher - Andris Balins, Engineer, Asst. Recording Engineer - Talentless Music / Sony ATV (BMI), MusicPublisher

Heroin

Patrick Warren, Bassoon, Flute, Synthesizer - Gary Ferguson, Drums - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Organ, Piano, Mellotron - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Engineer - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Electric Guitar, Bass Programming, Sound Effects - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Mighty Mike, Drums, Percussion, Additional Producer - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Change

Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Keyboards - Kieron Menzies, Producer, Mixer, Drums, Engineer - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Get Free

Zac Rae, Organ, Mellotron, Synthesizer Programming - Adam Ayan, Mastering Engineer - Aaron Sterling, Drums, Percussion - Chris Garcia, Engineer - David Levita, Electric Guitar - Rick Nowels, Composer, Author, Producer, Bass Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer Programming - Kieron Menzies, Composer, Author, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Percussion, Synthesizer, Ambient Sounds - Dean Reid, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Bass Programming - Lana Del Rey, Composer, Author, Producer, Vocals, MainArtist - Mighty Mike, Drums, Percussion - Trevor Yasuda, Engineer, Keyboards - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - Cosmic Lime (ASCAP), MusicPublisher - R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts), MusicPublisher

Looks like Change will be the most acoustic sounding song of the album. I just relistened to it and it sounds so beautiful with just the piano/keyboard. :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

iTunes/Spotify ver

youtube version. i bought the CD and the download was the youtube version, which should just be referred to as album version now honestly

I interpreted this line as her saying "recall back to the days when you were young and wild and open-minded. Lean into those days when you could dream anything possible and had a wild imagination". It's a political line, I'd say. Many political issues of today arise from ignorance and people being set in their ways and saying "well what difference could I make?". In your youth, you think you're important and know you can make any difference you want to. So "lean into the fucking youth" probably means "go back to the mindset and hopefulness of your younger years when you were free, a dreamer, and never thought something was impossible and stop being cynical in thinking you can't make a difference in this fucked up world. It's kind of interesting that this song recalls back to Cruel World sonically, it gives meaning to the obscure title that wasn't mentioned once in that song.

i thought it was lead wut

giphy.gif

youtube version. i bought the CD and the download was the youtube version, which should just be referred to as album version now honestly

i thought it was lead wut

you're getting the 4:20 version everywhere else, Lana's team simply messed up. It's not the album version

image.png