Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

So discussing music vids and everything, I really do hope we get more visuals. Maybe it's because I'm excited for new music to come out that I might be numb to the need of mv's, but I feel like, this time around more than others, that her music is really just gonna speak for itself.

I was watching her cover for the Chelsea Hotel, and it was just, it was so easy to immerse myself into, because the feeling, the rawness of it was there. I might be getting ahead of myself, but having listened to the album snippets sort of gave me the same vibe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_myXdOLV0

Kinda similar to the more heavily social/political songs on the album, and snippets. Not because of just the visuals or themes of it, but just by the sound. 

At this early on, not to jinx anything or w/e but like the thought of another Tropico -lengthed vid would feel more like a newscast sorta like Rihanna's American Oxygen, so it'd either have to be done real well, simplified, or she could have more performance vids like the C Hotel. Maybe some vids with the classics on the record, but right now, all I'm seeing is performance videos.

Maybe one of the themes of the album is really to just persevere in life, and getting back to the basics kinda helps us all understand what's truly important first. 

This is gonna be a long week.

mimicrying-vi.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Sorry to bring painful memories back and sorry if this has been asked before but after she said 'Architecture' was the ying to the Yosemite yang. Are we totes sure it's the same song as BAR? I can't see how BAR would be opposite an acoustic Yosemite.

Unless she means like mood ying/yang and BAR is like sad/angry to Yosemite's happy. 

Sorry to bring painful memories back and sorry if this has been asked before but after she said 'Architecture' was the ying to the Yosemite yang. Are we totes sure it's the same song as BAR? I can't see how BAR would be opposite an acoustic Yosemite.

Unless she means like mood ying/yang and BAR is like sad/angry to Yosemite's happy. 

architecture is bar, we know forsure that. since we aren't 100% sure of how yosemite sounded (lana said tly is jazzy, its a gogeous song but not jazzy); we cant tell how counterpartish they were

I mean if u put it that way, then I can see it.

Fame isn't something Lana likes, and Best American Record/Architecture plays on the mocking of said fame. Yosemite's supposed to be more, or the happiest record, so maybe Yosemite is less inhibited and more free, what she might be aspiring to go towards.

We haven't really heard the track, but yeah more or less of the idea.

Which interview was it that she mentioned the whole ying/yang metaphor?

If this is delayed it's bc of glitter.

UV/Honeymoon

okay so i had this crazy thought stoned just now. i just listened to the album snippets through and listening to them all short and close got me really thinking about how this record really could have been called "BAR" it just has so many americana sounds to it. and then i started thinking about visuals. like damn ! the trucks and the car and the gas stations.... these are "Best American Record" visuals. I really believe that this album could have been BAR and included the song and it would be fucking great

I was least looking forward to change but after the new insta snippets i am livingggg for it <3 she always kills me with lyrics that are speaking To Me :crai: :rip:

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

okay so i had this crazy thought stoned just now. i just listened to the album snippets through and listening to them all short and close got me really thinking about how this record really could have been called "BAR" it just has so many americana sounds to it. and then i started thinking about visuals. like damn ! the trucks and the car and the gas stations.... these are "Best American Record" visuals. I really believe that this album could have been BAR and included the song and it would be fucking great

I was literally just thinking how it would go perfectly in between Groupie love and In my feelings. It would shed so much light on the story she's trying to tell

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I need Lana to put out a music video to cherry feat some tasty men like this guy plz  giphy.gif

BAR could also be an anti Trump anthem. He did it all for [them gold coins] and how is it treating him now?

it's over

baby how ya fEEeEElin now