Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Lana should do Sugar Daddy storytime videos.

Lana should show us a full skin care routine

Just become a YouTuber

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

LOL at Lana putting SPIN in their place. I missed fiery Lana so much! The article was the typical "let's shade Lana because we can". She fired back and it was delicious. Btw these blogs are completely irrelevant today. They never respected her and they never will so fck them.

That article was super annoying, and I would be pissed if I were lana, but I think this is going a little far here. We can't make this many assumptions about one journalist based on one article, and we should never wish someone was dead for expressing their opinion

I think we have to remember that our words have real impact on real people

Even if the writer did nothing but praise Lana Del Rey, it would still be safe to assume that a person who goes to a fancy liberal arts university to get a degree in journalism (a requirement to work at SPIN as a writer) and lives in one of the most expensive and gentrified regions of the country is a spoiled trust fund baby. It's also fair to say that such a thing was a waste if this is what she's paid to spew.

giphy.gif

I think it's more anger at the fact that there are people busting their ass in life, working to get their education, or just getting an education and using it for the common good (I'm not only educated, but an advocate for more freely available education and training. Education fuels the next generation and keeps us technologically advanced and prosperous), and then there are people like the blogger who make absolutely useless journalism for a living. Journalism is a joke nowaday. I feel bad for the people who want to work in the field legitimately (and they are out there, but usually are less popular, unfortunately). 

Also I don't think this should be a total bash fest of her anyway. Especially no "deathto" tags, this isn't Black Mirror and it's petty as hell, seriously. 

Doesn't change that modern journalism is garbage  :oprah3:

I'm glad you have a heart of gold even tho I didn't ask.  

While the article was shit, none of y'all can know what she's done in her life, or what she's had to fight for.  She might be one of the people who have worked to get their degree and have struggled through paying a shit ton of tuition.  She might be working on these articles, publishing them because it's the type of article that her boss wants her to write.  People who write articles are very rarely completely free to write whatever they'd like, while she did over-share her shit opinion.  She might be working here in order to one day better the world.

The fact is you and anyone else who started yes dragging her for her education--"I can't believe she has a four year degree and is writing this shit."  "I bet she paid a shit ton too"  "Yeah her parents probably paid for her." "Or imagine if she took out student loans."

Y'all can attack the article for being shit sure, but you have no clue who this woman is and what she's experienced or even what she hopes to do--yet you're quick to guess and judge her based on your own opinion of her.

Another collaboration confirmed!! She was holding a frying pan in LFL trailer (hope I'm wrong, otherwise this album will be collabs only, except for Love) :toofunny: :creep:

Dont think they collaborated for Lust for Life, seems like he just seen the video of her listening to his song & suggested that they should collab in the future

Dont think they collaborated for Lust for Life, seems like he just seen the video of her listening to his song & suggested that they should collab in the future

I was joking, besides, I'd kill Lana and everyone around her (me included) if she gives us 4th(?) collab.. OFC if it's not Gaga  :P

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Y'all I messaged Universal Music Finland about the May 26th on their site, hopefully they'll answer me back and if they do I'll translate it for you guys. If they answer...  :ohno:  It's probs gonna take at least until tomorrow morning since it's 8PM here and I doubt anyone's there to check their messages. Hope for the best!

Okay so I just got their reply and oh well. Fuck me with a chainsaw. They replied very briefly that they've put the album and release date up on their site accidentally (and now have removed it, I just checked) and that there's no certain date for the release yet. I'm not sure where the speculations about the release date being on May 26th originate from, but I really doubt they would put it up on their site based on some rumours hanging around the Internet - so it's probably a tentative release date that got leaked or something, or they're aiming for a surprise release and someone screwed it up at some point since some retailers have the 26th on their sites and so on. But then again we're talking about Universal's Finland department so there's no certainty on how up-to-date they are, and the same goes for the retailers as well. I don't know if there's any chance that Universal Finland accidentally put it on their site with the actual release date and are now trying to cover up their mistake by saying that there's no confirmed release date yet...  :defeated:

If we're not getting it this month, it'll probably be out sometime in June though, at least judging by the Elle issue. idk

Even if the writer did nothing but praise Lana Del Rey, it would still be safe to assume that a person who goes to a fancy liberal arts university to get a degree in journalism (a requirement to work at SPIN as a writer) and lives in one of the most expensive and gentrified regions of the country is a spoiled trust fund baby. It's also fair to say that such a thing was a waste if this is what she's paid to spew.

My comment was more directed at the people who wanted her to die for writing an article they didn't like (I didn't either, but come on). But maybe she got a scholarship to whatever fancy liberal arts school you're talking about (i don't know that much about her); maybe her apartment is rent controlled; maybe she has 6 roommates and it's tiny; maybe it's technically brooklyn but you really don't know how much she spent on anything in her life and honestly why does it matter. That article is shit but why are we paying her this much attention?

This also isn't directed personally at you or even angrily-- I just often get defensive when I see people make assumptions about people because you never know what your words do to them and you never know what they've been through.