Elle

Cherry

Please DON'T be another Freak with an amazing snippet and lackluster final product

lackluster product? you mean one of the best songs on honeymoon?

pNjWdpc.png

lackluster product? you mean one of the best songs on honeymoon?

Unfortunately we're both correct :ohsnap:

But Cherry could potentially snatch UV songs if done right in full

This is easily one of my new favorite songs. I don't even need to hear it in full to know that. God is good! Amen amen!

Listen, I'm fine with it being another Freak (Freak is actually one of my favs from Honeymoon). I just hope this isn't another Life is Beautiful. I'm really worried about that because this song is too good to be true, and it bothers me that this isn't one of the songs she's talked about in one of the interviews.

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I found a few corrections to be made in the lyrics. Check em out and lemme know if you guys hear the same thing :kiss:

CHERRIES & WINE

When you're Standing in the Face of Danger

'Cause you just want it So Much, Damn Much

From your Faith in Love

It's like Heaven taking the Place of Something Evil

And then it Burned off from the Rush

Yeah, yeah

In time, In time, In time

I fall to pieces when I'm with you

I fall to pieces

My cherries & wine

An Analysis of this snippet :

The song is about the collision of the intense feelings of LOVE and LUST. It's about how when you meet a hot stranger you feel this incredible animal magnetism that makes you wanna tear off their clothes and consume each other. But once that part is over, the boys are usually detached and they leave but the girls start to get attached to them and develop obsessive thoughts about their lovers, as girls (as Lana sang in TIWMUG) all look for heaven in their lovers and most importantly true love. It's almost like a curse and girls would literally die to find and keep their true love by their side forever.

In this song Lana is at first overpowered by the feelings of LUST for this guy who's clearly bad for her. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts and the guy is clearly just using her for sex. She knows that and as time goes by she starts to go crazy over why this guy doesn't reciprocate the love she feels for him. She thinks she can change him but she's failing and as a result falling to pieces. She wants to quit him but she's stuck in a toxic downward spiral of LOVE & LUST.

HEAVEN = LOVE

SOMETHING EVIL = LUST

ONCE YOUR FEELINGS OF LUST ARE BURNED OFF FROM THE RUSH , YOU'RE LEFT TO DEAL WITH THE FEELINGS OF LOVE.

The whole time I was writing this I was thinking about Lana & G-Eazy's relationship.