fool 4 luv

Favorite Old Films

i live and breathe old films, so i'm really glad @fool 4 luv started this!!

a few favorites of mine, right off the top of my head-- there's more, but this is what immediately comes to mind: 

Silent:

- Greed (1925)

- Metropolis (1927)

- Pandora's Box (1929)

- The Doll (1919)

- Intolerance (1916) 

Sound: 

- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

- Rope (1948)  

- Vampyr (1932)

- Diabolique (1955)

- Sunset Blvd. (1950)

zgxpb.gif

why aren't we friends yet, tbh <3

that'd be because i barely even post lmao

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

My grandmother and I sit on the couch about once a week, and we watch old films together.

Our favorites are With Six You Get Eggroll, By The Light of the Silvery Moon, Where The Boys Are, The Birds, and as I mentioned above Rear Window.

This is most wholesome thing i've ever heard omg

one thing my grandma gave me is a love for the movie White Christmas - it's a "christmas movie" but honestly it's SO GOOD u can watch it any month of the year heh heh

giphy.gif

i live and breathe old films, so i'm really glad @fool 4 luv started this!!

a few favorites of mine, right off the top of my head-- there's more, but this is what immediately comes to mind: 

Silent:

- Greed (1925)

- Metropolis (1927)

- Pandora's Box (1929)

- The Doll (1919)

- Intolerance (1916) 

Sound: 

- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

- Rope (1948)  

- Vampyr (1932)

- Diabolique (1955)

- Sunset Blvd. (1950)

zgxpb.gif

why aren't we friends yet, tbh <3

we are now gorl ;^)

PS some really good docu-series' on early hollywood are TCM's moguls and movie stars and then the 1980 mini-series Hollywood, both of which are on youtube. and then hollywood babylon of course is mostly fake, but it's still so fun and i live for kenneth anger's shameless self-promotion lol

giphy.gif

there's a book i have out from the library about pre- and post-code hollywood called "censored hollywood" and it's really interesting so far!! not too far into it bc i have so many other books i'm reading, but hey. i also have a book about the more slept on silent film stars and that one is mcfreakin fascinating as well

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

I really like the old Pink Panther movies, a favourite of them is "The Return Of The Pink Panther". Other movies with Peter Sellers such as "After The Fox" and "The Party" are good too, especially "The Party" if you wanna enjoy 60's fashion. "The battle of the sexes" is a goodie too and perhaps less known.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Stakeland (A good vampire horror)

Heavy (a pretty grim 90's flick about an overweight boy with a mental disorder)

Suckerpunch (dont know if this counts as old bc its from 2011, but its one of my favorite movies of all time)

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2

The Resident Evil Saga

Insidious 1

OMG I adore Sucker Punch so much. Despite the fact that it's critically panned, there's a deep story. The extended version makes perfect sense tbh. It's beautifully shot and Emily Browning is a goddess   :yesnod:

source.gif source.gif

What is old in this case? :$ 

Anyways:

Roman Holiday

Breakfast at Tiffany´s (I am a big Audrey stan)

My fair lady

The money pit

Dirty Dancing

Look who´s talking

American Beauty

Lolita

Any old Disney movie (The little mermaid, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Anastasi etc)

American History X

That is all what came to my mind.

2ikzg5s.png

I watched a really good one I had never seen yesterday, Bonjour Tristesse. It was very good and def worth watching if you haven't. Btw idk who all is a huge Audrey fan but Audrey is TCMs star of the month so every Monday night they are playing Audrey movies. Halfway through the month I know but I believe they are playing three more tonight.

What is old in this case? :$ 

Anyways:

Roman Holiday

Breakfast at Tiffany´s (I am a big Audrey stan)

My fair lady

The money pit

Dirty Dancing

Look who´s talking

American Beauty

Lolita

Any old Disney movie (The little mermaid, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Anastasi etc)

American History X

That is all what came to my mind.

i think of "old movies" as anything made from 1900 - 1970, after that they enter the "modern era" imo. I like Audrey but i've never been like, a mega fan like some people i knew, so i thought i would be underwhelmed by breakfast at tiffany's but I LOVE IT SO MUCH. that and Charade are my two fave Audrey films

giphy.gif

i think of "old movies" as anything made from 1900 - 1970, after that they enter the "modern era" imo. I like Audrey but i've never been like, a mega fan like some people i knew, so i thought i would be underwhelmed by breakfast at tiffany's but I LOVE IT SO MUCH. that and Charade are my two fave Audrey films

Well, my movies then not so classics :P 

Problem is, I was watching a lot when I was a kid, but I do not remember the title or something. And my grandma, who I was watching it with, is not on Earth anymore to help me :)

2ikzg5s.png

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the third time last night omg it just gets better with every watch :defeated: If anyone has any other recommendations for great Audrey films let me know! :D

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

My childhood favorite Mary Poppins, Julie Andrews is a national treasure tbh.

tumblr_o75qs1fdrn1qb0i4vo1_250.gif

The iconic Hitchcock masterpiece also known as The Birds which I got on blu-ray earlier this year

tumblr_nowlh5ZPps1rwuq4jo1_500.gif

and the best musical I've ever seen (if you don't count in Mamma Mia! starring the goddess Meryl Streep ofc  :hooker: ), also known as Grease

tenor.gif

Name a musical song more iconic than You're the One That I Want, I'll wait. 

Edit: Oh and Foul Play, it's from 1978 but I'm counting it in because I can  :hooker:

Some like it hot

The Prince and the Showgirl

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Don't bother to knock

Rebecca

Cinderella

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the third time last night omg it just gets better with every watch :defeated: If anyone has any other recommendations for great Audrey films let me know! :D

gorl if u aint seen charade literally GOOO watch

giphy.gif

I love Audrey but i've not enjoyed any of her movies at all :eek: BAT was terribly boring i'm sorry. Roman Holiday was okay though, and i think i saw one where she played a nun once too  :pft: But yeah, she's beautiful so that's cool 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e