Sign in to follow this  
fruitpunch

Lana's name

This is a really lame post and everyone has probably already made this connection.

Del in spanish means "of the" / Lana sings of Ray in her earlier albums / used to be called "Del Ray"

Does her name mean literally Lana of the Ray... Lana and Ray together forever embodied in her very name.

I'm high my apologies.

I translated it once and Del Rey was King. Lana the King? 

I think in an interview she just said she liked the way it sounded and it reminded her of a nice seaside aesthetic or something. I don't think she researched the name much

Does Lana not mean wool in Spanish? I always thought that was funny considering her middle name is woolridge.

Yes, in Spanish and in Italian it means wool, anyway it's probably connected to one of her ex boyfriends (Arthur Lynn) since he posted this on his blog years ago https://angiescreams.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/lana-and-ray/

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

Yes, in Spanish and in Italian it means wool, anyway it's probably connected to one of her ex boyfriends (Arthur Lynn) since he posted this on his blog years ago https://angiescreams.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/lana-and-ray/

I agree. I think Arthur Lynn really is the one who inspired "Lana Del Ray". She probably changed it to "Rey" perhaps because she wants to take away the reminder of Lynn in the name.

4BZPaCg.jpg

Short one letter, Lana Del Rey can rearrange to "R Daneel, y'all", a high cheekboned bronze haired immortal robot who lives in an elaborate mansion on the moon. This is obviously the inspiration for Lana Del Rey's name, and also Stargirl. y'all because Lana is a faux southern queen

E

capture_20170703_140801.png

even though i've seen this countless times this guys' entire blog fascinates me as to how much it influenced Lana, i feel weird seeing it bc it seems so personal but yet so public, and must be kinda sad and nostalgiac for her, hmph ;/