Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Lust for Life Reviews/Metacritic Thread

I think 70-75, she should get some positive notes for switching it up, trying some new things musically and lyrically, and doing it well. If not, I will definitely rage :hooker:

First review from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/arts/music/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-review.html

Reads positive, but is more of an exploration of the album (as is typical with this writer).

wait so he listened to the leak ? 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

i feel like she is way more respected now 

Agree. Born to Die has been getting the positive reviews now after its impact since she started as being misunderstood by them. They know now that she's far from fake and has established her own unique character after releasing UV and Honeymoon.

Agree. Born to Die has been getting the positive reviews now after its impact since she started as being misunderstood by them. They know now that she's far from fake and has established her own unique character after releasing UV and Honeymoon.

same with uv 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Born To Die is an okay album though. Critics were too harsh at first judging it because most thought she was a phony, but even when the lyricism and melodies are taken into account, it still does not dismiss the fact that the album as a whole is way too heavy-handed in production - which was ultimately what one of the biggest complaints by critics about it.

So yeah while critics now look back on the BTD songs and see them as everything we expect Lana to be (in a positive way), they still aren't going to look back and praise it as her best work.

I'm shooting for a 74 for LFL.