Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

All I hear is a bunch of static as soon as she begins singing! I'm seriously starting to think my iTunes version is really the leaked version fml.

Is it that way for anyone else? Like the opening is fine but as soon as she starts singing I hear static. And the same goes for BPBP.

Yeah, u can hear "static" when she starts to sing but personally I think it's a charm for the song...

And now that u said, yeah, same for BPBP but it's from the moment u press play on this one

All I hear is a bunch of static as soon as she begins singing! I'm seriously starting to think my iTunes version is really the leaked version fml.

Is it that way for anyone else? Like the opening is fine but as soon as she starts singing I hear static. And the same goes for BPBP.

its the same way for most tracks on honeymoon too but i think it makes the song nicer lol idk 

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

Yeah, u can hear "static" when she starts to sing but personally I think it's a charm for the song...

And now that u said, yeah, same for BPBP but it's from the moment u press play on this one

It's so distracting to me and I love the song! It would be perfect if it didn't sound like this. It almost sounds unfinished or unmastered. I'm listenining to Change now and it's the same way.

It's so distracting to me and I love the song! It would be perfect if it didn't sound like this. It almost sounds unfinished or unmastered. I'm listenining to Change now and it's the same way.

I always hated terrence loves you because of the high pitched static-y sound you can hear it hurts my ears so much ):

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

i bet disney paid for the #1 like how most companies pay to be on the trending page of youtube; for exposure and brag points

Or that many stupid parents gave the kid their credit card # for use on their new gen ipod even tho theyre 8 yrs old

God forgive me for not enjoying Tomorrow Never Came at first 

:sadcore4:  :brandy:  :cryney:  :oprah:  :lange:  :trisha:  :crying2:  :crying:  :crying5:   :crying4:

Also White Mustang grew on me. Now In My Feelings & Groupie Love are my "least favorites" Groupie Love sounded way better as a stand alone than on the album in full... Coachella reversed experience

I Swear to god now every song I press play it feels like I can hear it while she sings and it's bothering me sos help

God forgive me for not enjoying Tomorrow Never Came at first 

:sadcore4:  :brandy:  :cryney:  :oprah:  :lange:  :trisha:  :crying2:  :crying:  :crying5:   :crying4:

Also White Mustang grew on me. Now In My Feelings & Groupie Love are my "least favorites" Groupie Love sounded way better as a stand alone than on the album in full... Coachella reversed experience

I am glad u have seen the  TNC light :smile: :kiss: 

i agree about groupie love i really loved it as a single but it's quite boring in comparison to the rest of the album

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

i dont even hear static and I have double layered protection muffling my speakers, ;/

i dont even hear static and I have double layered protection muffling my speakers, ;/

I just hear it with my earphones on! My speakers are fine but also they don't lemme "hear" it [static]... I think it's just a little detail, but it can really bother some people

I just hear it with my earphones on! My speakers are fine but also they don't lemme "hear" it [static]... I think it's just a little detail, but it can really bother some people

i can see how, but yea the only static esque sound ive heard so far is the weird filter they have on bpbp; is it the actual bought album or ripped from online? would the kbps matter?

i can see how, but yea the only static esque sound ive heard so far is the weird filter they have on bpbp; is it the actual bought album or ripped from online? would the kbps matter?

Mine is the itunes rip but now that u said, it might be filters or something. I think it also kinda appears on Cherry... Maybe it was meant to be like a vinyl sound, no idea tbh lol

The reason why it sounds like "cummin" when she says "gunnin" (or vice versa, I can't really tell listening because of the filters) is that "g" and "c" are nearly the same exact sound except one is voiced and one is unvoiced. if you say the letter "g" without moving your vocal chords your make a hard "c" sound.

edit: in my professional linguistic opinion :toofunny: it sounds like she's saying "cunnin" the first time, perhaps intending to say "gunnin" but not voicing soon enough, perhaps due to a consonant agreement phenomenon from having just said "crying". But "cummin" is a better line ; )

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

I always hated terrence loves you because of the high pitched static-y sound you can hear it hurts my ears so much ):

this is why i only listen to the live performance she did of it. the version that was released is unlistenable.

giphy.gif

God, i didnt hear the static until i read yalls posts and went back and paid close attention with my headphones on (which are hq so ik its real)..its not noticeable enough to annoy me the slightest bit. But in moments when i like to analyze every little detail of the new songs it kinda throws me off

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

You might call me crazy or super awkward, but I'm tired of the same setlist played for 5 years straight.

Please sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/lana-del-rey-change-is-a-powerful-thing-lana

She's not going to change her setlist.

giphy.gif

Now imagine that with a production similar to Heroin's or TNC's

The fake Coachella lyrics that were uploaded like a day or two before the release of the song. 

It's crazy because those lyrics really fit in with the tone of the album, or at least the earlier tone. 

Maybe they were actual leaked lyrics from a demo or something.