Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Girls who hate on the songs with trap beats, like are you new? Did you not listen to BTD? Trap beats aren't something new on a Lana album. It's annoying when people think Lana's debut was an indie alternative record with soft strings and pianos. But now all of sudden she has trap beats in her songs and people say she isn't being authentic? NEXT

The same reason people post and discuss their favorite songs/albums on this fucking discussion board. It's human nature to find similarities and look for different opinions to form their own personal bias. 

And your second point is true, you don't need to care about what he says. It's fine. You can love BtD for filth and not like his review- hell you can agree with his review and still like the damn album. There's no laws against it. 

But there's no reason to come for people who are interested in watching/reading reviews/critique's of whatever the hell they want. If you find it unproductive and a waste of time it's an even BIGGER waste of time to try and shut it down. 

And I can guarantee you Fantano is not a "rando scrub". You don't get a million subscribers with consistent active views and rake in minimum 30k to a potential of 500k for a salary being a washed out nonfactor music critic. He's referenced in many respected online sites and music articles. Hell, the guy is fucking employed via Complex. I don't even like him but it's just pure ignorance to try and disqualify the dude's character or what he's done and the impact he's made in his respective career

THANK YOU. I know you weren't addressing me with this post but it applies to my point of view and the many replies I got for saying I think Fantano's reviews are accurate.

Deal with it people, Lana isn't perfect, her records are full of flaws. Do I agree with a lot of Fantano's critiques? Yes, but I'm still very fond of Lana's music and both BTD and UV are my favourite records ever. Stop being so blind and let people have their opinions wether you like them or not. 

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Girls who hate on the songs with trap beats, like are you new? Did you not listen to BTD? Trap beats aren't something new on a Lana album. It's annoying when people think Lana's debut was an indie alternative record with soft strings and pianos. But now all of sudden she has trap beats in her songs and people say she isn't being authentic? NEXT

btd wasn't trap :rip:

THANK YOU. I know you weren't addressing me with this post but it applies to my point of view and the many replies I got for saying I think Fantano's reviews are accurate.

Deal with it people, Lana isn't perfect, her records are full of flaws. Do I agree with a lot of Fantano's critiques? Yes, but I'm still very fond of Lana's music and both BTD and UV are my favourite records ever. Stop being so blind and let people have their opinions wether you like them or not.

people defending Fatano. Wowow this place hits a new low every day

He's a fat slob w a superficial knowledge in music at best and an obvious bias. Y'all think he's the shit because of the fact he's never pleased with anything. What a bitter walrus :rip:

He's a fat slob w a superficial knowledge in music at best and an obvious bias. Y'all think he's the shit because of the fact he's never pleased with anything. What a bitter walrus :rip:

bitter walrus  :rip:  :rip:

4 days after it's release and the queens album is back to #1 on US iTunes. I'm so proud right now. :legend:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I'm still sad bc some of you fuckers bought a million copies of the signed lfl and I couldn't buy one fucking copy bc of that 

ELA+CHORA.jpgELA+CHORA.jpg

I think we all know who's fault it is.

:jack:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Fantano physically makes me wanna throw up when i see his face and sense his ugly pretentious personality, he's so irritating. He makes money by being judgmental. Being a critic is the most pathetic job ever. And people who take note of what critics say are just as bad.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't defend Fantano omg

Re-read what I wrote. I just happen to agree with a lot of his critiques. And I know he can be mean for no apparent reason sometimes, but I just skip that. Besides it's not like I worship the guy I just watch his reviews from time to time Jesus. This discussion is going nowhere so why don't you fuck me in the ass Constantine   

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I wouldnt buy a physical copy just because it was signed. If i wanted one signed id go to her concerts and try to get it signed. Its better to have her sign it in front of you as proof (as someone earlier said) that it wasnt anybody else like Ben signing the copies

Off topic but just wanted to point out how good Taylor's Red album is, there's so many cute ballads :flutter: :wowcry:

He's not that much in his head to give himself a god complex for critiquing and reviewing music. I feel like people w/ this opinion have really only watched their favorite's album get a semi-decent to poor review and not agree with him on any basis for it.

Regardless people talk about reviews and critics because they can give more reputation an artist deserves. I know many people on here are fine with critics because of the good reviews for LfL but hated them and wanted them to die when UV or BtD would get shredded by whichever journalist wanted to cover it

This kind of counter-culture comment comes up every time Fantano or another "controversial" music critic comes up in discussion, it's insanely tired and repetitious imho.

My comments point was to tell people that they shouldn't be so affected by whatever he or any critic has to say. It doesn't affect how I view the album and I've stopped watching his videos because I consider them biased and irrelevant. Don't worry hun I've watched him review plenty of albums. I love FKA twigs and he stans her album so hard, praising her in the same areas he bashes Lana for doing the same thing. Critics have always been u fair towards Lana for whatever reason. It's not a new thing and I don't like it, sis and I'll voice my opinion on that. Fantano has said plenty of positive things about my other faves, doesn't make me value his opinion any more or less, so you made the wrong assumption... again :diva:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7Ov3kRM9k

i tried to focus on her lips moves "at the end" they don't really match the songs so maybe only the end was like that

It's not lipsynch, you can literally hear her own voice AND the back vocals during the chorus, particularly when she repeats "White Mustang" but it's live 100%

giphy.gif

"Critics... They're like traffic cops. They say what they have to say, then leave, and another guy moves in ,and he has his say - and it's often just the opposite. The result is either critical acclaim or critical murder, and neither has any bearing on music or direction." - Jeff Buckley.

He was never wrong tbh. :smokeney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I can't watch the videos of Lana performing in london cus it makes me too upset that i missed out :cryney: It'll probably be ages for her to come back