Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Love is a boring and forgetable rehash of BtD's afterglow, a filler that made it to a single release. The music video has some nice shots but all those irritating teens make it look like a vodafone commercial.

Reported. Thank You.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Love is bad treated.

Y'all need to know that the only worst song is Coachella.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i wanna make a gif post for my idea of a Cherry mv that'll take so damn long n iirc elle said all the off-site gifs slow down the site quite a bit..:rip:

Lust For Life would have been one of her best era had it been promoted with the right singles & visuals. The gems from the album never got any video while ones we got for the Weeknd-esque (trap) songs from the album were very messy, uninspired & non-cohesive.

70's flower child, hippie theme similar to the album cover would have worked great with storylines from that era. Get Free, BPBP, TNC, Heroin (has direct reference to the Manson Murders), Change are all about the 70s summer of love era.

LFL might be a commercial success but on the long run this era will not get the respect it deserves. I can't believe she didn't even promote Heroin, Get Free, 13 Beaches when they are fan-favourites.

The saddest part is that she was more creative when it came to visuals in the A.K.A era when she had no budget than she is now when she is swimming in money & has a creative team.

This era really lacked a driving vision like she had in her previous eras. LFL ended up being a strange mix of vaguely political songs, attempts at being upbeat and positive, trap music, weird folksy songs, and even a random piano ballad. Like it's just all over the place and I think that's because she wasn't sure what she wanted to do and ended up never committing to anything. Adding half-baked songs randomly at the end with awful production, removing songs when she already filmed a video.... One thing she always did in all of her previous albums was commit to a vision and pursue that - it's what made her albums and visuals so cohesive and all of her eras distinct. She used to do an amazing job of crafting the music, the visuals, the lyrics, everything into a really cohesive album/era experience. I think one of the reason this era comes off as bland is because she never quite made up her mind what she wanted this album to be, and by never committing the work becomes sort of underwhelming.

All this to say.... "promo" would really not have made this era better, except for increasing her sales. The problem isn't promo, it's that she didn't have a coherent vision for L4L. 

giphy.gif

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind

I want to get off, but I keep ridin' the ride

choir.gif

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind

I want to get off, but I keep ridin' the ride

choir.gif

out of the blaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

OUT OF THE BLACK

tenor.gif?itemid=4718708

into the blllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeee

INTO THE BLUE

tenor.gif?itemid=4718708

Love is bad treated.

Y'all need to know that the only worst song is Summer Bummer.

:hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

People need to stop whining about thinking Lana's signature on their signed shit is fake. It's annoying omfg the signatures don't even look remotely fake or significantly different than usual, no one's signature looks the same each time. She literally said they're all real she wouldn't straight up lie to the world lol. You paid for a signed item and it's exactly what you got so stop complaining if it doesn't look perfect. :oprah3:

People need to stop whining about thinking Lana's signature on their signed shit is fake. It's annoying omfg the signatures don't even look remotely fake or significantly different than usual, no one's signature looks the same each time. She literally said they're all real she wouldn't straight up lie to the world lol. You paid for a signed item and it's exactly what you got so stop complaining if it doesn't look perfect. :oprah3:

Imagine thinking a normal person can perfectly sign so many copies without the signature looking different :lmao: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Don't hate on me but I genuinely don't understand all the luv for Get Free, the beginning is awesome but it gets so discordant afterwards I wish I could love it :(

The pre-chorus/chorus is produced terribly and the Ride references are so obvious and tacky!

i can't remember which user made the staus but i cant get out of my head the concept of Lana goes tropical/more Hawaiian glamrock n hazyness for her next era with her main flower focus being Hibiscus so like the smokiness and elegance of HM with flavors of UV instrumentals n just ughhh

im ready to make a mf pre-pre-release thread and just have the whole thing be a gotdamn luau 

tenor.gif?itemid=5474082

i can't remember which user made the staus but i cant get out of my head the concept of Lana goes tropical/more Hawaiian glamrock n hazyness for her next era with her main flower focus being Hibiscus so like the smokiness and elegance of HM with flavors of UV instrumentals n just ughhh

im ready to make a mf pre-pre-release thread and just have the whole thing be a gotdamn luau 

tenor.gif?itemid=5474082

Wayamaya teas