Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

sis ily but for all we know yosemite might not even be a good song, the part she sung didn't sound like anything special or new from her either

tumblr_mwitajOHNZ1s5e5bko1_400.gif

soyou tryna say the parts sung on LiB were special and/or new

soyou tryna say the parts sung on LiB were special and/or new

Well LIB sounds like heaven and yes very special

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

sis ily but for all we know yosemite might not even be a good song, the part she sung didn't sound like anything special or new from her either

tumblr_mwitajOHNZ1s5e5bko1_400.gif

Honey ily, but we didn't even listened to a good part, just a little bit of the chorus, so we can't say if its good or bad

Well LIB sounds like heaven and yes very special

but I have to be agree with this :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

currently listening to the instrumentals of her magnus opus ULTRAVIOLENCE and her twin HONEYMOON and im crying at the subtle hints in every freaking song that added to the atmosphere of the whole album. FUCK Shades chorus is LIGHTNING, HONEYMOONS bridge is out of a movie is sweaarrr her instrumentals tell their own story.

I CANT IMAGINE how Cherry and BPBP and HEROIN sound in terms of their instrumentals.

i'm fucking shook again and i need the gays to get their totally spies compacts out and crack this case of the Lust For Life instrumentals :(

xoxoxoxo 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

currently listening to the instrumentals of her magnus opus ULTRAVIOLENCE and her twin HONEYMOON and im crying at the subtle hints in every freaking song that added to the atmosphere of the whole album. FUCK Shades chorus is LIGHTNING, HONEYMOONS bridge is out of a movie is sweaarrr her instrumentals tell their own story.

I CANT IMAGINE how Cherry and BPBP and HEROIN sound in terms of their instrumentals.

i'm fucking shook again and i need the gays to get their totally spies compacts out and crack this case of the Lust For Life instrumentals :(

xoxoxoxo 

The Honeymoon instrumental sounds so cinematic and vintage. I can only imagine what how amazing Get Free and Heroin sound...

xoxoxoxo

What if love's instrumental has some really great strings that were hidden bc of the vocals. :icant: I'd cry. And I'm so ready to get the cherry instrumental so I can filter out those background vocals and solve the lyrical mystery. :oprah3:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

What if love's instrumental has some really great strings that were hidden bc of the vocals. :icant: I'd cry. And I'm so ready to get the cherry instrumental so I can filter out those background vocals and solve the lyrical mystery. :oprah3:

the t

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It’s a shame that we keep dreaming about what this album could’ve been almost 5 months after the release :oprah: At least she gave us Cherry and Herowig.

Also 13 Beaches’ instrumental may sound kinda plain if we exclude the static/electronic sounds it includes in th second verse, I hope it has interesting hidden sounds. WTWWAW’s instrumental and GL’s instrumental must be fire

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

It’s a shame that we keep dreaming about what this album could’ve been almost 5 months after the release :oprah: At least she gave us Cherry and Herowig.

Also 13 Beaches’ instrumental may sound kinda plain if we exclude the static/electronic sounds it includes in th second verse, I hope it has interesting hidden sounds. WTWWAW’s instrumental and GL’s instrumental must be fire

what if the true metaphorical heroin is our wigs, 

everytime that chorus hits it fucking flies to the moon, we keep having to try n hold it down to be reasonable but it gets uncomfortable and hot and it just keeps fucking flying to the moon 

and thats why the tours named that. Ever since her LA obsession in BtD to her witchy moon fantasy in LfL we KEEP losing our goddamn wigs! But yet, Mother Theresa Lana Del Rey is going to go WITH us on a scavenger hunt to find our wigs! From LA to the Moon bitch! (fuck)

what if the true metaphorical heroin is our wigs,

everytime that chorus hits it fucking flies to the moon, we keep having to try n hold it down to be reasonable but it gets uncomfortable and hot and it just keeps fucking flying to the moon

and thats why the tours named that. Ever since her LA obsession in BtD to her witchy moon fantasy in LfL we KEEP losing our goddamn wigs! But yet, Mother Theresa Lana Del Rey is going to go WITH us on a scavenger hunt to find our wigs! From LA to the Moon bitch! (fuck)

Not gonna lie, I love honeymoon, but literally the only time my wig flew during my first listen was when the chorus (and those fucking Horns :icant: ) kicked in during 24.

On a sidenote, the album as a whole hit me harder with every listen after the release.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

i just realized how big Lana Del Rey is now. she's performing at arenas Ariana Grande , Lady Gaga , and other major artists have performed at. i'm just going to look at the crowd across the arena and be amazed at how many people appreciate her music and choose to spend money to see her live. people that are willing to spend their money on her in concert for some reason allows me to feel appreciate them. 

giphy.gif

Not gonna lie, I love honeymoon, but literally the only time my wig flew during my first listen was when the chorus (and those fucking Horns :icant: ) kicked in during 24.

On a sidenote, the album as a whole hit me harder with every listen after the release.

my wig flew when the horns or a similar sounding instrument kicked in during art deco, my wig flew when she said 'you could be a bad motherfucker, but that dont make you a man', wig flew when she referenced Bowie in TLY, wig flew the second i heard the laugh on Salvatore, wig flew during the last minute of GKIT, wig flew during the bridge of TBD, wig flew on the chorus of Swan Song

but i got my wig back and let it sit come DLMBM

my wig flew when the horns or a similar sounding instrument kicked in during art deco, my wig flew when she said 'you could be a bad motherfucker, but that dont make you a man', wig flew when she referenced Bowie in TLY, wig flew the second i heard the laugh on Salvatore, wig flew during the last minute of GKIT, wig flew during the bridge of TBD, wig flew on the chorus of Swan Song

but i got my wig back and let it sit come DLMBM

THIS. Honestly once I started really getting into it. The Strings on GKIT , the Bridge of TLY , the final chorus of and piano part of Salvatore, and the Background vocals on Freak all hit me like a freight train.

And yea...i literally walked out of the listening party when DLMBM came on.

But let's get back on topic before people start complaining and telling us to go to the HM post release thread. :kiss2:

:sadcore6:  :sadcore5:  :sadcore3:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore:  :crying4:  :crying5:

REMEMBER THE STEMS THAT LEAKED !! ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS HIDDEN BY VOCALS !!!!

100% Agree with Honeymoon! My first listen was after midnight through headphones and I was kinda like 'um okay? this might sound better tomorrow', but then it did sound better, and better, and better, and better. It will always be the album I go back to. I STILL think I haven't heard everything that's on Honeymoon- all the layering and sounds that Lana is so proud of.

I pick up new sounds every now and then though. I feel like Honeymoon has the most interesting style because we could slow down all the instrumentals and hear things we never heard, that slip by too fast, we can just pick out SO much, it's really a master piece.