Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I want LDR6 to be as perfect as UV and Honeymoon. I don’t care about the direction she’s taking as long as she keeps writing autobiographical songs instead of unnecessary political stuff :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I want LDR6 to be as perfect as UV and Honeymoon. I don’t care about the direction she’s taking as long as she keeps writing autobiographical songs instead of unnecessary political stuff :eartha2:

I wouldn't mind a political direction as long as the lyrics are more metaphorical and poetic, instead of the direct/to-the-point lyrics we got. Idk, the lyrics seem bad and lazy when they're so straightfoward and obvious. Is it the end of an era? Is it the end of America?, In the next morning, they put out the warning, tensions were rising over contry lines, God bless America, and all the beautiful women in it. 

She could've worded those songs better.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

iight bitches im boutta do a zodiac checker thing with the songs off LfL !! you get to know YOUR personality and the song(s) that best matches you !! and im doin it for free, so even if you a bitch feel thankful. it is indigenous' day after all :illumilana:

Taurus:

y'all outgoing, social, loyal, and independent and dont take any bs but y'all also real fucking wack. control that temper and stop embarrassin yourselves it looks bad on us. that's why you guys are the In My Feelings !! Bad idependant bitch but damn that temper turned real fuckin quick and those beats? honey you're great but that lead in to Coachella is HARSH

tenor.gif 

this was a lot of fun!! i spent a decent 40 minutes and i hope y'all enjoy your horoscope. :hooker:

omg  :defeated:  :defeated:  :toofunny:

Everybody will be over political songs by 2019 when the next album is due

I just hope she goes back to writing extremely sad songs which are heartbreaking and depressing because L4L just does not cut it. (in that department)

Now the real question is will we get a soundtrack single next year? It's not impossible for her to score one for some movie, I just wish she was a little more ambitious

AaA is leaked_version confirmed

what if one of them is chris cuomo, bitch i'd be gagged

Personally, I don't mind political/socially aware songs at all (in fact, there are many I love), it's just that the ones Lana wrote kind of don't sound genuine to me, if that makes sense.  :toofunny:  I'm not quite sure if that's just because it's new terrain for Lana, lyrically, and we're simply not used to it or if it's the songs themselves that seem weird to me.

But obviously, I think it's great that Lana started to care about what's happening in the world.

i had an inkling old banned members would hide among the newbies but i think they came back with more than one account ... if that's possible 

@creampiedelrey sweetie, which one is you? <3

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Personally, I don't mind political/socially aware songs at all (in fact, there are many I love), it's just that the ones Lana wrote kind of doesn't sound genuine to me, if that makes sense.  :toofunny:  I'm not quite sure if that's just because it's new terrain for Lana, lyrically, and we're simply not used to it or if it's the songs themselves that seem weird to me.

But obviously, I think it's great that Lana started to care about what's happening in the world.

@creampiedelrey sweetie, which one is you? <3

I think I get it, the lyrics are too simple. And generally for political lyrics to be more genuine/credible, I think that they need to be more complex.

Personally, I don't mind political/socially aware songs at all (in fact, there are many I love), it's just that the ones Lana wrote kind of don't sound genuine to me, if that makes sense.  :toofunny:  I'm not quite sure if that's just because it's new terrain for Lana, lyrically, and we're simply not used to it or if it's the songs themselves that seem weird to me.

I think they beat around the bush a little too much to have the impact of some other classic political songs. Like if GBA is in support of American women she could have chosen more controversial wording to really get the point of feminism across, instead its just a fluffy song 

Who's still waiting like me for the European tour dates? I hope we don't have to wait for much longer.

She said that we would have the dates by now (But back in April she also said we would have Yosemite by now). I really hope she announces the Mexican date with the European dates, if there really is one :defeated: 

She said that we would have the dates by now (But back in April she also said we would have Yosemite by now). I really hope she announces the Mexican date with the European dates, if there really is one.

Sometimes the amount of unprofessionality her team has suprises me. How they announced the album release date, the album promotion and now this. They better give us the dates soon because having to wait even longer hearing she's coming to my country or not is so frustrating.

I think I get it, the lyrics are too simple. And generally for political lyrics to be more genuine/credible, I think that they need to be more complex.

I think they beat around the bush a little too much to have the impact of some other classic political songs. Like if GBA is in support of American women she could have chosen more controversial wording to really get the point of feminism across, instead its just a fluffy song 

I'm not sure if I would say "complex", but the lyrics should definitely be more straightforward, kind of in a "hit the nail right on the head" style. Lana's kinda playing it safe, IMO.

For example, regardless whether you like P!nk or not, but she definitely took a risk when she – as a pop singer – wrote a song in the form of an open letter to Bush, confronting and calling him out on all these horrible things, put it on her album and even released it as a single. Like, she could've got massive backlash and radio stations blacklisting her for that, but she did it anyway.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Lyrics are so overrated on here bc good lyrics won't save a song if it sucks sonically

The only time lyrics really ruin a song is when it's something terribly bad and boring like when she decided to repeat god knows I tried 67 times in one song.

i76mrxw.png 

Lyrics are so overrated on here bc good lyrics won't save a song if it sucks sonically

The only time lyrics really ruin a song is when it's something terribly bad and boring like when she decided to repeat god knows I tried 67 times in one song.

GKIT is a gem how dare you

go slander Sad Girl or Summertime Sadness smfh

tumblr_newjldYVi31qm02woo1_250.gif

GKIT is a gem how dare you

go slander Sad Girl or Summertime Sadness smfh

i got that summertime summertime sadness

su su summertime summertime sadness

got that summertime summertime sadness

so ohohoh

vs

God knows I live

God knows I died

God knows I loved

God knows I lied

God knows I begged

Begged, borrowed and cried

God knows I lost

God gave me life

God knows I tried

God knows I tried

God knows I tried

God knows I tried

I have nothing against some repetition I enjoy listening to jfk and starry eyed event tho both of them basically have one verse each.

i76mrxw.png