Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Remember LIB, Lana neither :icant:

REMEMBER FUCKING YOSEMITE ? 

LANA NEITHER

tenor.gif

moon

edit: i meant to say mood but typed moon this means something

:illumilana:

i've been thinking

what if Lana goes through another dark depressive moment and wipes Yosemite clean because it might serve as a taunting; a false hope of happiness that she may have thought was achievable but at the time feels foolish

like how Malibu was too personal, Yosemite is just a big taunt/mockery

ik it's a dark ass thought but still, i can totally relate to this potential-possibility, and i hope it never happens

i've been thinking

what if Lana goes through another dark depressive moment and wipes Yosemite clean because it might serve as a taunting; a false hope of happiness that she may have thought was achievable but at the time feels foolish

ik it's a dark ass thought but still, i can totally relate to this potential-possibility, and i hope it never happens

do you mean wipes yosemite clean as in completely erases the songs existence 

or do you mean that the national park that is Yosemite will be decimated by Lana using powers of sorcery and space science far beyond our comprehension? 

I don't doubt that Lana possesses these powers, but I hope that she uses them for good. 

i've been thinking

Fuck. This seems like something she would really do. Someone find it before she even thinks of deleting it 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfRklhSqmM I'verealized that I post this video a LOT. Guess it really helps to answer a lot of common questions about the album. Also I love her casual speaking voice.

I know that reason isn't right. Lies

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

do you mean wipes yosemite clean as in completely erases the songs existence 

or do you mean that the national park that is Yosemite will be decimated by Lana using powers of sorcery and space science far beyond our comprehension? 

I don't doubt that Lana possesses these powers, but I hope that she uses them for good. 

yes, to both. and obviously she has enough power to launch her and her band to the moon, currently residing over the local systems all the while transposing herself into a physics breaking abode within the Hollywood sign while also micromanaging her singing career among 6-7 different personas. i feel like letting her lift up and decimate the grounds of a national park for it to reside on another spacial body is only fitting. 

while she's at it i hope she decimates mount rushmore, because it's useless and dumb :creep:

Fuck. This seems like something she would really do. Someone find it before she even thinks of deleting it 

i know, it's REALLY shitty to try and comprehend somebodies potential for destruction during a could-be mental dip, but she's seemingly already done it with a song she felt was way too personal and unrealistic, around the latter half of the album construction/promo she seemed colder (especially in the pitchfork interview; seemingly losing all direction and any would be message within the album, if not for that moment). then i wouldn't put it past her to get rid of something that she's already deemed a false dream, too false for her to even consider putting it on the record, let alone the idea of wiping it entirely

i genuinely hope she releases it- with or without the thought of her deleting it. not because she hyped it but a song that happy or at the very least calming, while it might be a false statement for her at the time- could be the right amount of fiction to block out anyone's darker reality. i know we jest about the song and how it could be a CWIMM 2.0 but i know its incredibly special- regardless of instrumental

yes, to both. and obviously she has enough power to launch her and her band to the moon, currently residing over the local systems all the while transposing herself into a physics breaking abode within the Hollywood sign while also micromanaging her singing career among 6-7 different personas. i feel like letting her lift up and decimate the grounds of a national park for it to reside on another spacial body is only fitting.

while she's at it i hope she decimates mount rushmore, because it's useless and dumb :creep:

giphy.gif

me writing the next best american novel about lana and her various intergalactic and dimensional personas

this heaux with her fucking hollywood TARDIS home, her summer mansion on the moon, shoots little hearts from her eyes and can overpower the president.

also lust for life trailer teas

i know, it's REALLY shitty to try and comprehend somebodies potential for destruction during a could-be mental dip, but she's seemingly already done it with a song she felt was way too personal and unrealistic, around the latter half of the album construction/promo she seemed colder (especially in the pitchfork interview; seemingly losing all direction and any would be message within the album, if not for that moment). then i wouldn't put it past her to get rid of something that she's already deemed a false dream, too false for her to even consider putting it on the record, let alone the idea of wiping it entirely

i genuinely hope she releases it- with or without the thought of her deleting it. not because she hyped it but a song that happy or at the very least calming, while it might be a false statement for her at the time- could be the right amount of fiction to block out anyone's darker reality. i know we jest about the song and how it could be a CWIMM 2.0 but i know its incredibly special- regardless of instrumental

Or maybe she can keep it as a reminder that she has to achieve that goal (that idealistic return to the nature that she speaks about in the interview). On the other hand, if it really is idealistic (therefore unrealistic) then she might never be comfortable with it. Or maybe when she gets married or/and has kids.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif