Hundred Dollar Bill

Unreleased songs you want Lana to rework/release

My Best Days! The first 1:45 are pure magic, then the song just dies..

Whoa.

Guess you disagree then? Well I'm always in the mood for a good old disagreement, so feel free to elaborate if you've got the energy :)

Let me just point out that I don't mind the ending instrumentation (no idea if that's the correct term) at all, I just think that:

1. it ends too abruptly

and

2. it seems like a "shortcut" out of the song, like they lost interest in it and just wanted to finish it off as soon as possible

Change the title of this thread, Billy.

Gotcha covered, Mo ;)

I was thinking, I really want Us Against the World to be something that it's just...not. It seems so rough, empty...Maybe re-done in the style of Hundred Dollar Bill or something.

You Can Be The Boss

:ohmy: Come on, hip hop with a thumb piano? Who in the world does that? And those effected guitar chords that sound like a freaking omnichord and the backwards synth. That is such a great backing track. And her vocals are perfect.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

:ohmy: Come on, hip hop with a thumb piano? Who in the world does that? And those effected guitar chords that sound like a freaking omnichord and the backwards synth. That is such a great backing track. And her vocals are perfect.

I love it, too. I just think it could use a sonic upgrade. What's the best quality mp3 you have? Mine ain't too hot. Either way I more just meant in a "more people should be aware of this song" way.

?

It's easily one of the best of AKALG and one of my overall favs.

So what if I would like it to be reworked to see what she'd

do with it...?

It was reworked into Mermaid Hotel but it hasn't leaked

BzhmW.png

So what if I would like it to be reworked to see what she'd

do with it...?

Nothing, i was just being playful. I wouldn't take me too seriously. I love that song (and arrangement, recording, performance, etc.). But, yeah, ultimately i wouldn't say no to anything being rerecorded. I really love the idea of multiple versions of songs, no matter how perfect it already was the first time around.

Pardon?

I KNOW, I can't wait for that, Little Girls (reworked version), and Smartie

to leak. AKA Lizzy Grant is my favorite of her album because I believe its

lyrics are more telling than BTD and Paradise.

Nothing, i was just being playful. I wouldn't take me too seriously. I love that song (and arrangement, recording, performance, etc.). But, yeah, ultimately i wouldn't say no to anything being rerecorded. I really love the idea of multiple versions of songs, no matter how perfect it already was the first time around.

Sorry, I just love that song! :D

(edit: I'm new here, so hello!)

Pardon?

The final version of Mermaid Motel is Mermaid Hotel, no?

BzhmW.png

What is this about reworked/rerecorded versions of Mermaid Motel, Little Girls, and Smarty? This is news to me. Where are you getting this info from? Are you sure you're not just thinking of alternate registered titles or even possible demos? You're saying you have concrete evidence that after she finished the AKA album she went back and rerecorded those three songs?

What is this about reworked/rerecorded versions of Mermaid Motel, Little Girls, and Smarty? This is news to me. Where are you getting this info from? Are you sure you're not just thinking of alternate registered titles or even possible demos? You're saying you have concrete evidence that after she finished the AKA album she went back and rerecorded those three songs?

A search on ASCAP's repertoire under Lizzy Grant reveals Mermaid Hotel and Mermaid Motel. If they were the same, only 1 would be registered and it would have the same work ID number. The exact same goes for Little Girls/Put Me In A Movie, Smarty/Smartie, and Gas Station/Queen of the Gas Station.

Different numbers means they were registered at different time, going off that...the AKA tracks all begin with a 4. All Born to Die tracks begin with an 8 including the reworked tracks off AKA. Therefore, I think that concludes they are not in fact the same.

Even the IPI numbers are different for the original companies they were published under.

BzhmW.png