Hundred Dollar Bill

Unreleased songs you want Lana to rework/release

We've all got our favorite unreleased Lana songs, but I've noticed that not many people talk about wanting her to rework them. It's been on my mind more a lot lately since she redid Yayo, and I kind of subconsciously expect her to do more because my favorite band has been releasing a few remastered versions of old demos with their new official releases over the past few years. Lana has also talked about wanting to rework Kill Kill and Mermaid Motel because they're her favorite songs (most personal?) from AKA and she didn't like the way the production turned out. So why haven't we made a thread for this already?!? Let's discuss it guys! :) What songs would you like to hear remastered the most (don't say all of them :P) and why? Personally, I'd love to hear You're Gonna Love Me and Mermaid Motel remastered. I also want to hear the BTD version of Hundred Dollar Bill if it exists, since it was on the original tracklist.

14417469274.gif

remaster ≠ rerecording ≠ remaster

I'm surprised that you, of all people, Bill, would perpetuate this.

The sequence and all of its individual components:

-compose

-arrange (could be done by someone other than the writer and/or producer)

-engineer (record)

-produce (although this happens simultaneously with the previous step, and sometimes with the next step as well)

-mix (sometimes there's a mix engineer outside of the session engineer)

-master (done by mastering engineer; seldom done by engineer of the recording)

-remaster (if need be, and typically done many years after the original mastering; also, if something was never mastered [as is the case with most demos] then it can't be remastered)

To (somewhat) answer the original question: I'd like to hear AKA and Paradise remixed. Also, a few parts of Paradise rerecorded, as well as a few changes being made to the arrangements. Never going to happen.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I actually couldn't remember the right term, so I used a bunch of different words ha. I was hoping you'd come in here and shed some light on it though! :)

14417469274.gif

The sequence and all of its individual components:

-compose

-arrange (could be done by someone other than the writer and/or producer)

-engineer (record)

-produce (although this happens simultaneously with the previous step, and sometimes with the next step as well)

-mix (sometimes there's a mix engineer outside of the session engineer)

-master (done by mastering engineer; seldom done by engineer of the recording)

-remaster (if need be, and typically done many years after the original mastering; also, if something was never mastered [as is the case with most demos] then it can't be remastered)

To (somewhat) answer the original question: I'd like to hear AKA and Paradise remixed. Also, a few parts of Paradise rerecorded, as well as a few changes being made to the arrangements. Never going to happen.

:shh:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Trash Magic.

:ohmy: Hell no. The mood captured in that recording is so, so perfect and tantalizing. That song is done, finito, close the book on it, it's as good as it could ever be recorded and performed. That's the song (and recording) that i think really made me fall in love with our Lizzy. When i heard that i knew i was going down a rabbit hole and that it was a done deal.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

:ohmy: Hell no. The mood captured in that recording is so, so perfect and tantalizing. That song is done, finito, close the book on it, it's as good as it could ever be recorded and performed. That's the song (and recording) that i think really made me fall in love with our Lizzy. When i heard that i knew i was going down a rabbit hole and that it was a done deal.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I do love it, but I think she could do something interesting with it if she ever tried to.

agree about You're Gonna Love Me! though I'd probably be just as happy to have a complete version of the demo, it's so lovely as is. also would like to hear Dum Dum rerecorded.

would like to hear Dum Dum rerecorded.

I agree! Though we do have three versions, which is more than we could've even hoped for a year ago, all of them still feel very unfinished to my ears. It's a great song, and I think it has more potential than the vast majority of other leaks. :3

She's Not Me, Come When You Call Me America and Daddy Issues.

I've always really liked She's Not Me but the chorus ruins the song. If only the chorus was different.

Totally agree about the chorus

It's way to overpowering and loud eeek

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Hundred Dollar Bill could be so epic, and it makes me sad that it kinda fits perfectly in Born To Die or Paradise, I hope she puts it into her next album but probably she has better songs, if she does it she should keep that dark, creepy but fun National Anthem feel, otherwise I think it wouldn't be so epic.

Also You're gonna love me, she sounds like a cute in the chorus.